(OT) The Yankees Will Be Back!!!

Rico

That was one of the most disgraceful performances in Yankee history. ;)

But the Yankees will be back.

Certain players have now proven that they are not worthy of wearing the pinstripes,

and measures will be taken to see that they do not return.

I look forward to seeing Carlos Beltran and a slew of new pitchers on next year's Yankees team. :lol:

GO YANKEES!!! :blush:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the most disgraceful performances in Yankee history. ;)

But the Yankees will be back.

Certain players have now proven that they are not worthy of wearing the pinstripes,

and measures will be taken to see that they do not return.

I look forward to seeing Carlos Beltran and a slew of new pitchers on next year's Yankees team. :lol:

GO YANKEES!!! :blush:

78790[/snapback]

Kevin Brown, Paul Quantrill, Esteban Loiaza, Javier Vasquez, Tony Clark will not be back. Send Giambi and Lofton also.

Congrats to Red Sox nation....it's been a long time in the making.

Kevin Brown, Paul Quantrill, Esteban Loiaza, Javier Vasquez, Tony Clark will not be back. Send Giambi and Lofton also.

Congrats to Red Sox nation....it's been a long time in the making.

78795[/snapback]

T- I see us keeping Vasquez and probably Giambi. I agree with all the others though. I think they'll be gone. I see Beltran and possibly Pedro in pinstripes next year with Bernie moving to the permanent DH spot. Sierra will probably be gone as well. We may keep Olerud as well.

T- I see us keeping Vasquez and probably Giambi. I agree with all the others though. I think they'll be gone. I see Beltran and possibly Pedro in pinstripes next year with Bernie moving to the permanent DH spot. Sierra will probably be gone as well. We may keep Olerud as well.

78801[/snapback]

Sierra played big this year in the limited AB's he had....he'll be back. I hope Olerud stays around...classy guy.

Early rumors are Mike Lowell from Florida (Former Yankee minor Leaguer) and The Yanks think Giambi's better days are behind him.

78801[/snapback]

Herredia, too. Man. You look at that list and you wonder how we got as far as we did. The silver lining is you know George already has the NYC and the Tampa families in the Room this morning. It's going to be a fun winter.

Guest Guest_Vabeachbledsoefan_*
Herredia, too.  Man.  You look at that list and you wonder how we got as far as we did.  The silver lining is you know George already has the NYC and the Tampa families in the Room this morning.  It's going to be a fun winter.

78806[/snapback]

God is this not great watching the Yankee fans talk about next year's acquistions , while we prepare for Game one f the World series. I think I'll archive this thread

Herredia, too.  Man.  You look at that list and you wonder how we got as far as we did.  The silver lining is you know George already has the NYC and the Tampa families in the Room this morning.  It's going to be a fun winter.

78806[/snapback]

Yeah, Heredia sucked all year. I wouldn't mind seeing Lowell come in. The problem with NY is that there is so much pressure many players are great for other teams and then don't play well in NY. Just look at Weaver for example. He was a freak in Detroit and couldn't do anything in NY. It'll be interesting. I think we were one solid starter from making it to the series this year. Leiber did well though. That was a nice surprise.

Of course they'll be back. When you have unlimited funds to buy anyone you want, there's no question that you'll be ultra-competitive.

Now to root for whomever the Red Sox play, as the Sox are basically just a scaled down version of the Yankees.

CW

God is this not great watching the Yankee fans talk about next year's acquistions , while we prepare for Game one f the World series.  I think I'll archive this thread

78815[/snapback]

Yeah you've never done that before right? :blush:

2005 Yankees payroll = $300 million dollars

78821[/snapback]

An exaggeration, but I see where you're going with it. Right now The Boss is pissed. Some heads will roll in the next couple days. Some bodies will wash up in the river. Money will be spent in the next two months.

But, as a Sox fan, aren't you worried that Lucchino/Henry et al will be satisfied with this LCS win? Say you go to win the Series. These owners have a history of blowing teams up and reducing payroll. What I'm getting at is whether-or-not you're worried that your 2004 Sox are the '97 Marlins all over again?

Not worried, Fenway brings in enough Revenue not to have to blow it up for financial reasons, I think they will resign Pedro for much less & Veriteck for marketvalue! Go after a young horse starter & bull pen.

An exaggeration, but I see where you're going with it.  Right now The Boss is pissed.  Some heads will roll in the next couple days.  Some bodies will wash up in the river.  Money will be spent in the next two months.

But, as a Sox fan, aren't you worried that Lucchino/Henry et al will be satisfied with this LCS win?  Say you go to win the Series.  These owners have a history of blowing teams up and reducing payroll.  What I'm getting at is whether-or-not you're worried that your 2004 Sox are the '97 Marlins all over again?

78832[/snapback]

of course the Yankees will be back

They have the biggest unfair advantage in all pro sports.

they will continue to outbid for top free agents, keeping other, less financially fortunate teams from fairly adding top FA players to their roster, while the Yankees continually maintain a roster that almost always guarentees them a playoff spot.

I was a Yankees fan back inthe 70's, but never again.

Glad Boston won this one, but since the Boston area has already won its share of Championships I won't be rooting for them in the Series.

Not worried, Fenway brings in enough Revenue not to have to blow it up for financial reasons, I think they will resign Pedro for much less & Veriteck for marketvalue! Go after a young horse starter & bull pen.

78853[/snapback]

I may be remembering this wrong, but over the summer I thought Gammons said on WEEI that the Sox could not continue to run profitably at the current financial pace. They made a concentrated run at the trophy this year, but things would have to change, based on how much money they had to pay for the team.