(OT) The Yankees Will Be Back!!!

Rico

Like I said they will lower payroll by about 5-10 mill. Just an opinion! But still have enough for Pedro/or young premium starter & tek & bullpen arm!

Gammons meant that they will not over pay for their aging talent.

I may be remembering this wrong, but over the summer I thought Gammons said on WEEI that the Sox could not continue to run profitably at the current financial pace.  They made a concentrated run at the trophy this year, but things would have to change, based on how much money they had to pay for the team.

78858[/snapback]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Another Moron Influenced by medi
of course the Yankees will be back

They have the biggest unfair advantage in all pro sports.

they will continue to outbid for top free agents, keeping other, less financially fortunate teams from fairly adding top FA players to their roster, while the Yankees continually maintain a roster that almost always guarentees them a playoff spot. 

I was a Yankees fan back inthe 70's, but never again.

Glad Boston won this one, but since the Boston area has already won its share of Championships I won't be rooting for them in the Series.

78857[/snapback]

Used to a be a Yankees fan? Why do you even bother watching sports?? What a loser

Used to a be a Yankees fan?  Why do you even bother watching sports??  What a loser

78866[/snapback]

Most little kids start out rooting for the team that wins a lot. Most of us grow up, though. :blush:

2005 NY Yankees? :blush:

C Jorge Posada

1B Carlos Delgado

2B Todd Walker

3B Alex Rodriguez

SS Derek Jeter

RF Gary Sheffield

CF Carlos Beltran

LF Hideki Matsui

SP Mike Mussina

SP Jon Lieber

SP Pedro Martinez

SP Russ Ortiz

SP David Wells

Closer Mariano Rivera

RP Tom Gordon

RP Paul Quantrill

RP Steve Kline

RP Jeff Nelson

2005 NY Yankees?  :blush:

C Jorge Posada

1B Carlos Delgado

2B Bret Boone

3B Alex Rodriguez

SS Derek Jeter

RF Gary Sheffield

CF Carlos Beltran

LF Hideki Matsui

SP Mike Mussina

SP Jon Lieber

SP Javier Vazquez

SP Pedro Martinez

SP Odalis Perez

Closer Mariano Rivera

RP Paul Quantrill

RP Tom Gordon

RP Steve Kline

RP Jeff Nelson

78898[/snapback]

:lol::lol: With George at the helm.......it could happen... ;)

;)  :lol:  With George at the helm.......it could happen... :blush:

78904[/snapback]

Yeah, it could! I could see George making HUGE offers in FA. There isn't many pitchers out there, but I think Pedro will be a Yankee and he might beg David Wells to come back...if not...then how about Odalis Perez or Al Leiter? :lol:

;)  :lol:  With George at the helm.......it could happen... :blush:

78904[/snapback]

Is Cashman going to be back? I thought sure his ass was gone after 2001... 2002... and certainly last year. He must have pictures of the Boss in compromising positions or something.

2005 NY Yankees?  :blush:

C Jorge Posada

1B Carlos Delgado

2B Todd Walker

3B Alex Rodriguez

SS Derek Jeter

RF Gary Sheffield

CF Carlos Beltran

LF Hideki Matsui

SP Mike Mussina

SP Jon Lieber

SP Pedro Martinez

SP Russ Ortiz

SP David Wells

Closer Mariano Rivera

RP Tom Gordon

RP Paul Quantrill

RP Steve Kline

RP Jeff Nelson

78898[/snapback]

Oh man, that would be the highest payroll in baseball! They're SURE to win the Series now!

Oh wait.

;)

Is Cashman going to be back?  I thought sure his ass was gone after 2001... 2002... and certainly last year.  He must have pictures of the Boss in compromising positions or something.

78908[/snapback]

Cashman will be back. He's one of the best GM's in the game. He's not the one that blew two saves to clinch. He's not the one that went 0-8 last night (ARod - Sheff) He put together a good team but the pitching let us down.

Is Cashman going to be back?  I thought sure his ass was gone after 2001... 2002... and certainly last year.  He must have pictures of the Boss in compromising positions or something.

78908[/snapback]

Both Cashman and Torre will be back. In the recent past their jobs were safe, if only not to let them go to the Sox.

78908[/snapback]

I think he will be the only one who takes the fall. Joe Torre stays, but Cashman is out of here.

I think he will be the only one who takes the fall.  Joe Torre stays, but Cashman is out of here.

78925[/snapback]

Eh....maybe not.... :blush:

Joe Torre- 3year 16M thru 2004- signed 3-Year 19.2M extension on 4/9/04- 6.1M in 05 and 06- 7M in 07- + poss. 1M per WS championship- also signed after 07 thru 2013 as consultant- will make 500K- 600K annually in that capiacity

Brian Cashman-GM- signed thru the 2005 season

No doubt that the Yankee's will go out and find pitching for coming season, for Sox this was their year the parts were and are in place. next season they have 16 free agents who will be able to sign elsewhere "16" , yes many changes will be coming.

It certainly has been now two very special post seasons in baseball as exciting as any since the playoff format started in 1969. Changes are ahead, in the East divsion Baltimore, Jays and Tampa Bay are all closing the gap between Yankees and Red Sox, the three lower team with very excellent young players signed to good contracts, it is not going to be as easy for Sox and Yankees to dominate we were all very fortunate to see these two rivals compete.