Darian Barnes

5 Wide

In 2007, the Bills faced 40 third-and-short (1 or 2 yards to go) situations. They converted just half, including an abominable 12-of-26 rushing attempts (46.2 percent). The year before, they fared slightly better on runs (15-of-22, 68.2 percent), but worse overall (20-of-42, 47.6 percent).

The K-Gun hardly used a fullback, either ... but it sure was nice to have one around for those critical short-yardage plays.

The craziest stat/thing I heard last night was that the bills were the only team last year to not score a TD within the final 2 minutes of either half, all season... Then the commentators said something to the effect that "it was a miracle they won 7 games last year". Gotta get the job done in crunch time.

You gotta love when a guy like Deion Sanders literally screams in the booth because he can't believe the collision he just witnessed on kickoff coverage. Barnes will be a cult hero in Western New York.

That's funny coming from Deion. I think he had 4 career tackles in all his years if you subtract all the force outs using the sideline. :angry:

In 2007, the Bills faced 40 third-and-short (1 or 2 yards to go) situations. They converted just half, including an abominable 12-of-26 rushing attempts (46.2 percent). The year before, they fared slightly better on runs (15-of-22, 68.2 percent), but worse overall (20-of-42, 47.6 percent).

The K-Gun hardly used a fullback, either ... but it sure was nice to have one around for those critical short-yardage plays.

Lori, surely you aren't referring to Carwell Gardner as a positve in any way shape or form. Jamie Mueller perhaps, Sam Gash definetly. I vividly recall screaming my 12 year old head off "Please God don't give it to Carwell!"

Lori, surely you aren't referring to Carwell Gardner as a positve in any way shape or form. Jamie Mueller perhaps, Sam Gash definetly. I vividly recall screaming my 12 year old head off "Please God don't give it to Carwell!"

Anybody that tries to climb on the dolphins bus to fight their entire defense can have the ball any time he damned well pleases. :angry:

As a lead blocker, not a ballcarrier.