I'm going to Wegmans today. What should I buy?

Steely Dan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to ask?

A: a LARGE box of your favorite cereal and a gallon of milk.

I had forgotten that the other day so I went to Wegmans today and got two boxes of Fruity Pebbles and one of Chocolate Pebbles. I also got a large thing of Clausen pickles. :thumbsup:

I could live off cereal. Hell, I did for almost four years.

I too am a cereal connoissieur, however the hell you spell it. Did you ever get into cereal alchemy; mixing various cereals for unique flavors?

This morning I had one of my all-time favorites, Sugar Corn Pops with a thick layer of Fruity Pebbles laid over them. That's the stuff!

Oh and for Steely's shopping list: buy yourself a hot chick that will do your shopping for you.

I too am a cereal connoissieur, however the hell you spell it. Did you ever get into cereal alchemy; mixing various cereals for unique flavors?

This morning I had one of my all-time favorites, Sugar Corn Pops with a thick layer of Fruity Pebbles laid over them. That's the stuff!

Oh and for Steely's shopping list: buy yourself a hot chick that will do your shopping for you.

If I was going to spend money for a chick I wouldn't have her doing shopping. :w00t: Your idea idea is disturbing. :thumbsup:

Try Cocoa Puffs with Peanut-Butter Captain Crunch. 50-50.

I just got back from wegmans. My list was nothing like your. I had chicken breasts, italian sausages, pork chops, flank steak for london broil, hamburger, milk, butter, cheese, strawberries, rasberries, etc...

Mmmm...all that meat. Are you having a barbecue or cookout soon?

Mmmm...all that meat. Are you having a barbecue or cookout soon?

No, I buy the family packs, and freeze most. Take out 1 pack every two days and marinade it two different ways. That way we have dinner, and then the wife and I have lunches the next day. Tonight I am making garlic/honey/ginger chicken. I will BBQ some, but that's normal for about 2 weeks. Then we'll just buy a few veggies, etc... when we get low. We'll do a chicken ceaser salad a couple nights as well with a couple of the breasts.

No, I buy the family packs, and freeze most. Take out 1 pack every two days and marinade it two different ways. That way we have dinner, and then the wife and I have lunches the next day. Tonight I am making garlic/honey/ginger chicken. I will BBQ some, but that's normal for about 2 weeks. Then we'll just buy a few veggies, etc... when we get low. We'll do a chicken ceaser salad a couple nights as well with a couple of the breasts.

Mmmmmmmm! Where do you live? Where's the mouth watering smiley?

No, I buy the family packs, and freeze most.

Good plan. I buy whole beef and pork roast cuts when on sale, and butcher them and freeze. I've stopped buying ground beef what with all the recalls - I'll take a portion of inexpensive rump roast, or buy a chuck roast outright, and cube and grind it in one of those 7 dollar small food processors, then wrap and freeze the portions.

Frozen turkeys are cheap. Wife 'n me roast 3 or so in a year, and freeze the considerable leftovers. They are a good money-saver for folks with kids to feed.

Good plan. I buy whole beef and pork roast cuts when on sale, and butcher them and freeze. I've stopped buying ground beef what with all the recalls - I'll take a portion of inexpensive rump roast, or buy a chuck roast outright, and cube and grind it in one of those 7 dollar small food processors, then wrap and freeze the portions.

Frozen turkeys are cheap. Wife 'n me roast 3 or so in a year, and freeze the considerable leftovers. They are a good money-saver for folks with kids to feed.

We'll go to costco for a filet roast or large quantity of pork roast and do the same. The family packs of chicken breast, sausage and pork chops are actually a lot cheaper when they are on sale like yesterday at Wegmans.

With the filet we'll cut it up, and do steaks one night, a garlic beef another, maybe a pot roast (which is great with filet) and something different with the last chunk. For the price of 2-3 steaks precut, I can feed us dinner and lunch for 4-5 days.