Chris Brown Awards 4 camp

K-Gun10

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:49 PM ET | Link

TRAINING CAMP AWARDS: With training camp officially over here are our 2008 Training Camp Awards.

MVP - Lee Evans - He was clearly the most dominant player on the field from start to finish in camp.

MIP - Derek Schouman - His recent knee injury not withstanding, Schouman made a lot of progress with his game from year one to year two.

Best comeback - Robert Royal - Ko Simpson did well this offseason, but Royal was much further behind and has come a long way from just a couple of months ago to reclaim his game.

Most consistent - Evans, Jabari Greer, Chris Kelsay - These three players personify work ethic. They don't take a snap off, rarely ask for a lighter workload and it shows in their play.

Most elusive - Marshawn Lynch - His ability to bob and weave without losing speed is remarkable. Another strong camp for the Bills featured back.

Best hitter - Darian Barnes - While there wasn't any full live goal line team work, Barnes did lay some people out on special teams kick return drills. The Bills have themselves an old-fashioned fullback.

Most powerful - Marcus Stroud - The Bills big DT didn't get to flash his strength often in the camp setting as it's not full live football, but in one-on-one pass rush drills there was no stopping him.

Most versatile - Spencer Johnson - Johnson has lined up at both DT spots and defensive end. He's going to be even more valuable than he already is now if anyone should go down to injury on the D-line. Honorable mention to Jon Corto who moved from safety to linebacker.

Most pleasant surprise - Reggie Corner - I somewhat anticipated that Corner would hold his own in camp after watching him in OTAs, but he's been very good in the camp setting and was among the team leaders in interceptions with three. This fourth-round pick was a very, very good one.

Most inventive - Bobby April - the special teams coordinator continues to find ways to utilize every ounce of talent he has at his disposal. His use of John Wendling leaping over the lines on field goals to attempt a block is just one example.

---

Very cool. Thanks for the update! :rolleyes:

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Corner. If he doesn't make the team I'll be very surprised. He's too valuable to risk putting on waivers.

No offense to RR but I'm a lot more concerned with Ko's recovery. I think his position is a lot more valuable to the team if he can come back full strength.

TRAINING CAMP AWARDS: With training camp officially over here are our 2008 Training Camp Awards.

MVP - Lee Evans - He was clearly the most dominant player on the field from start to finish in camp.

MIP - Derek Schouman - His recent knee injury not withstanding, Schouman made a lot of progress with his game from year one to year two.

Best comeback - Robert Royal - Ko Simpson did well this offseason, but Royal was much further behind and has come a long way from just a couple of months ago to reclaim his game.

Most consistent - Evans, Jabari Greer, Chris Kelsay - These three players personify work ethic. They don't take a snap off, rarely ask for a lighter workload and it shows in their play.

Most elusive - Marshawn Lynch - His ability to bob and weave without losing speed is remarkable. Another strong camp for the Bills featured back.

Best hitter - Darian Barnes - While there wasn't any full live goal line team work, Barnes did lay some people out on special teams kick return drills. The Bills have themselves an old-fashioned fullback.

Most powerful - Marcus Stroud - The Bills big DT didn't get to flash his strength often in the camp setting as it's not full live football, but in one-on-one pass rush drills there was no stopping him.

Most versatile - Spencer Johnson - Johnson has lined up at both DT spots and defensive end. He's going to be even more valuable than he already is now if anyone should go down to injury on the D-line. Honorable mention to Jon Corto who moved from safety to linebacker.

Most pleasant surprise - Reggie Corner - I somewhat anticipated that Corner would hold his own in camp after watching him in OTAs, but he's been very good in the camp setting and was among the team leaders in interceptions with three. This fourth-round pick was a very, very good one.

Most inventive - Bobby April - the special teams coordinator continues to find ways to utilize every ounce of talent he has at his disposal. His use of John Wendling leaping over the lines on field goals to attempt a block is just one example.

---

Nice info! :rolleyes:

---

Great stuff. Thanks a lot for that post.

Evans is sure to have a great year. I can't wait to see how Lynch runs behind Barnes. And I heard that Stroud was a beast, knocking Butler on his back during one-on-ones.

Thanks again.

Very cool. Thanks for the update! :rolleyes:

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Corner. If he doesn't make the team I'll be very surprised. He's too valuable to risk putting on waivers.

No offense to RR but I'm a lot more concerned with Ko's recovery. I think his position is a lot more valuable to the team if he can come back full strength.

Other awards Chris Brown forgot to post:

Tallest Player: Langston Walker

Shotest Player: Roscoe parrish

Best Holdout: Jason Peters

Only Holdout: Jason peters

Best punter: Brian Moorman

Best kicker: Rian Lindell

:wallbash:

Other awards Chris Brown forgot to post:

Tallest Player: Langston Walker

Shotest Player: Roscoe parrish

Best Holdout: Jason Peters

Only Holdout: Jason peters

Best punter: Brian Moorman

Best kicker: Rian Lindell

:rolleyes:

Last night at the Bills practice James Hardy was standing next to Roscoe and :wallbash: Roscoe is small and Hardy is big, obviously, but the difference is amazing.

---

Anyone think that Corto can make the roster? I have seen some good things out of him this preseason, and now add on top of that he is also taking some snaps at linebacker, any takers?