B'gals set to re-sign Chris Henry

What a dumbass organization.

Really.

They weren't going anywhere this season - tough schedule, starters OLB Jeanty, RB Johnson, DE Odoms, WR's Housz and Johnson, SS Ndukwe injured, FB Jonhson grossly overweight, one of their 3rd rounders on crutches, the other carted off the field against DET.

What is Henry going to bring to that mess?

Really.

They weren't going anywhere this season - tough schedule, starters OLB Jeanty, RB Johnson, DE Odoms, WR's Housz and Johnson, SS Ndukwe injured, FB Jonhson grossly overweight, one of their 3rd rounders on crutches, the other carted off the field against DET.

More things for us to laugh/post about? :unsure:

Normally I don't like kicking a team when it's down, but all of this team's trouble is self-inflicted, and they deserve what they get. The only way they are going to learn is from living with the consequences. Especially the "we don't have a real scouting department" thing. What are the chances that their cheap owner actually puts up the cash to start vetting people properly before they are drafted? No real scouting department, and people want to call Ralph cheap?

More things for us to laugh/post about? :unsure:

Normally I don't like kicking a team when it's down, but all of this team's trouble is self-inflicted, and they deserve what they get. The only way they are going to learn is from living with the consequences. Especially the "we don't have a real scouting department" thing. What are the chances that their cheap owner actually puts up the cash to start vetting people properly before they are drafted? No real scouting department, and people want to call Ralph cheap?

I could fill several pages here about what I've seen come out of Mikie Brown & Co. over the 18 years I've lived here.

I'll give them this - they've certainly provided the baseline for just about every wrong move possible over that time. Poor Paul Brown...if he sprung back to life, he'd choke his son to death and no Grand Jury here would hand down an indictment. :lol:

Really.

A lot of off field distractions. Maybe the Bungles believe they can sell more tickets to fans who will boo him. :unsure:

Why they need that for the little he will help the team to win a playoff game is a good question.

I could fill several pages here about what I've seen come out of Mikie Brown & Co. over the 18 years I've lived here.

I'll give them this - they've certainly provided the baseline for just about every wrong move possible over that time. Poor Paul Brown...if he sprung back to life, he'd choke his son to death and no Grand Jury here would hand down an indictment. ;)

Advice for new GM's. Carefully study the Bungles moves in the last 20 years and then do the complete opposite.

The Paul Brown thing is :lol:

When is Marvin Lewis going to held accountable for all of this? Can't believe he is still living off of his reputation as DC of the Ravens.

Lewis is fully assimilated into the Mike Brown collective. He came into town with hope and acclaim - but he's proven to be a poor field general, and is two-faced to fans and press alike.

He's under contract, and Brown won't eat a contract.

Hard to believe how fast this team has fallen apart. In 2005 they were one of the league's big stories as an up and coming team. It's been all downhill since Palmer's knee crumpled in that playoff game.

They have fallen faster downhill than Jean Claude Killey

Chris Henry...< shaking my head here >

What do you expect? Cinny doesn't even have a scouting department.

You're misinformed. They do, but it's small and comprised of family and friends.

It's all about the Benjamins that can be made off of people's emotions. The B'gals are far from the only pro sports team that operates that way, unfortunately.

I applaud Cincy. This should be good for a few laughs. It's all about my entertainment.

:lol:

I share your sentiments! :unsure:

I suppose someday I should tabulate B'gals highlights (lowlights?) since 1991. However, it would be a tome.

A few favorites: HC Dave Shula (personal friend of Mikie) eating his lunch in his car during one training camp - everybody hated everybody. Ki-Jana Carter graciously buying training camp towels for the team because Brown wouldn't pay for them. HC Bruce Coslet smoking cig after cig on the sideline, shaking his head.

I'm waiting for the afternoon local radio talk show here - should be great fun! ;)

Lewis is fully assimilated into the Mike Brown collective. He came into town with hope and acclaim - but he's proven to be a poor field general, and is two-faced to fans and press alike.

He's under contract, and Brown won't eat a contract.

Didn't know he was that way with the fans and media. Too bad. A very over-hyped coach who did not turn out as expected.

Cincy,

Are there any rumors of players other than ocho cinco wanting out? I'd imagine that players of Carson Palmer's stature would only want to put up with them for so long...

None that I know of. Integrity over paycheck in sports (and general society, I suppose) died several years ago IMO.

Ocho Dinko wanted out because he has an eye for a fat signing bonus, plain and simple. After banging his rattle on his high chair and weeping didn't work, he returned.

Palmer is guaranteed 29 million as is. I suppose he would bolt if the CBA changes or is dissolved, and then the NFL operates like MLB.