I just bet $107 that the Bills make the Super Bowl

I figured it was worth a shot and the Bills are much lower & available than the popular teams like the Patriots. So I bought 2 Super Bowl futures from FirstDIBZ for $50 each plus $7 fee. If the Bills make the Super Bowl, I now can buy the tickets at face value (I lose the $107 if they don't make it). I first read about this place (it used to be called The Ticket Reserve) in the Buffalo News in a commentary article by Bob DiCesare in the 9/21/05 paper. If you want to check out what some teams are going for, check out the site, go to Pro Sports, Super Bowl XVIII, and click on all team prices.

http://www.firstdibz.com/home.html

I figured it was worth a shot and the Bills are much lower & available than the popular teams like the Patriots. So I bought 2 Super Bowl futures from FirstDIBZ for $50 each plus $7 fee. If the Bills make the Super Bowl, I now can buy the tickets at face value (I lose the $107 if they don't make it). I first read about this place (it used to be called The ticket Reserve) in the Buffalo News in a commentary article by Bob DiCesare in the 9/21/05 paper. If you want to check out what some teams are going for, check out the site, go to NFL, events, Super Bowl XVIII, and click on all team prices.

Wait, what do you get if they make the SB?

I get to buy two upper endzone tickets at face value. I still have to pay $700 or more each, but I don't have to worry about paying anything over face. It comes out to me paying $53.50 per ticket over face & I'll get the other $53.50 back from Petrino if they get in. It's my gamble so he can't lose anything but could end up paying face + $53.50 if we're in.

I get to buy two upper endzone tickets at face value. I still have to pay $700 or more each, but I don't have to worry about paying anything over face. It comes out to me paying $53.50 per ticket over face & I'll get the other $53.50 back from Petrino if they get in. It's my gamble so he can't lose anything but could end up paying face + $53.50 if we're in.

Did they define UPPER??

They will probably declare bankruptcy in playoffs.

Had this scam occur to me when my "Warranty Gold" was about to expire and they needed to pay me back 90% of my premium. Company is still in business and occasionally sends me advertising and the last one included a SASE. I attached it to a box of dog crap with bag sealed but connected to box so when it is opened bag tears and they get what they deserve.

That's funny--I did the same thing this weekend at the same price. This site's been in business for several years--there was an article about them in the NYT right before the Colts-Bears SB so I hope they're legit, but if not, it's only $107 down the drain.....

Here's the NYT Article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/sports/f...amp;oref=slogin

I figured it was worth a shot and the Bills are much lower & available than the popular teams like the Patriots. So I bought 2 Super Bowl futures from FirstDIBZ for $50 each plus $7 fee. If the Bills make the Super Bowl, I now can buy the tickets at face value (I lose the $107 if they don't make it). I first read about this place (it used to be called The Ticket Reserve) in the Buffalo News in a commentary article by Bob DiCesare in the 9/21/05 paper. If you want to check out what some teams are going for, check out the site, go to Pro Sports, Super Bowl XVIII, and click on all team prices.

You would of been better off just going to vegas & putting $100 on the bills to make it to the super bowl. My guess is they are at least 25-1 odds to make it. If they made it you would have had $2,500

Tradesports.com gives the Bills a 1.1% chance of winning the super bowl. Since tradesports contracts are worth $10 each, that equates to an 0.11 cent investment to win $10. So your $107 investment would yield you $9,727 (~90-1). Now, granted it looks like that price on tradesports is only good for 5 contracts (a 55c bet), so you would have to pay slightly more. It looks like you can buy a ton at 1.3. So if we assume the higher price, and you win, you're still looking at a payout of $8,230 (76-1).

So i guess my question is, do you think your tickets will cost you more than $8k?

Tradesports.com gives the Bills a 1.1% chance of winning the super bowl. Since tradesports contracts are worth $10 each, that equates to an 0.11 cent investment to win $10. So your $107 investment would yield you $9,727 (~90-1). Now, granted it looks like that price on tradesports is only good for 5 contracts (a 55c bet), so you would have to pay slightly more. It looks like you can buy a ton at 1.3. So if we assume the higher price, and you win, you're still looking at a payout of $8,230 (76-1).

So i guess my question is, do you think your tickets will cost you more than $8k?

That's winning the Super Bowl, you'd have to give me AFC Champ odds for your equation to work.

Answers to prior responses:

It costs more than $107 to get to Las Vegas, so the go to Vegas & bet the $107 doesn't work.

Upper must be upper corners, closest to the endzone-there are no pure upper endzone seats.