Bills getting some love from ESPN

Tom B in Endicott, N.Y., writes: What are your thoughts on our return game in Buffalo? I mean, we have Parrish, McGee and now with a glimpse of what we can expect from McKelvin, is there a chance we see McGee take a back seat to stick with cornerback? I don't see McKelvin taking over on punts for Parrish, but I do see McKelvin taking over for McGee. Not only that, but it could also mean more production from McGee on defense.

Tim Graham: I asked Bills coach Dick Jauron that very question after Thursday night's preseason game. To recap the situation for the unfamiliar, Roscoe Parrish led the NFL with a 16.3-yard punt return average, Terrence McGee was Pro Bowl return man two years ago and rookie Leodis McKelvin might be best of them all.

McKelvin ran back a kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown against the Steelers and had a great night in the preseason opener, too.

Here's Jauron's response to me about how he'll approach the job, and it sound like it will depend on who's fresh at a given point in a game:

We've got really good kick returners. Terrence and Roscoe are our first-line returners and now, of course, Leodis. Those guys, knock on wood, they tend to get nicked, so there is room for all of them. They'll all have their opportunities, which is a good thing to see.

:unsure:

What? Not a single mention of this site, even though (judging by the names I recognize) at least half the questions he answered came from here? Gonna have to talk to that guy. :unsure:

Thanks a lot for posting that. I would have missed it even if it were on the main page. Pretty funny to see how he schooled a couple of folks at the end.

Trouble is, Andy Major got the attendance data wrong. The franchise record is 57,132, set in 1992. The old No. 2 was 54,604, from 1991. If the current number is really 55,200 -- and since they were at 54,200 a month ago, I believe it to be true -- this year would knock 1991 down to third.

Trouble is, Andy Major got the attendance data wrong. The franchise record is 57,132, set in 1992. The old No. 2 was 54,604, from 1991. If the current number is really 55,200 -- and since they were at 54,200 a month ago, I believe it to be true -- this year would knock 1991 down to third.

I thought it was pretty cool how they said that there may end up being a waiting list for season's tickets next year.

"We expect to begin a wait list for 2009 once the season begins."

I'm glad to see people are coming out to support the team. Go Bills.

Jay in Carlsbad, N.M., writes: Why do the Bills insist on keeping Josh Reed and not using Roscoe Parrish a lot more in the passing game or, heck, even on end-arounds or reverses?

Tim Graham: Parrish certainly can be electrifying every time he touches the ball. New offensive coordinator Turk Schonert wants to get Parrish more involved in the offense, but we've heard that before from previous play callers. Maybe they can't get past Parrish's 5-foot-9, 168-pound frame, but perhaps this will be the year he supplants Reed in the slot.

Good question! With Roscoe's speed he isn't a target to get hit much.

They'll all have their opportunities, which is a good thing to see.[/b][/i]

:unsure:

Jauron can't make up his mind and you give it a thumbs up? Keyrist man, what's the matter wit u?

I wonder if Buffalo will consider using both McCorner & McGee on KO returns? Where do you 'lose' a player if they do that, the wedge? Would the return game be hampered by having one of the top flight returners as a blocker, or would it be helped by having the returner in a better position to return the kick?

Jauron can't make up his mind and you give it a thumbs up? Keyrist man, what's the matter wit u?

Hmm ... can't tell which question YOU asked, Sphere O'Beer.

And something I left out of my earlier, wisecracking reply: very cool of Mr. Graham to reach out to Bills fans like this, and very much appreciated.

Hmm ... can't tell which question YOU asked, Sphere O'Beer.

And something I left out of my earlier, wisecracking reply: very cool of Mr. Graham to reach out to Bills fans like this, and very much appreciated.

:unsure: Just stirrin the pot a little.

It is very cool of him to do that...and give props to Bills fans in his intro. Hopefully we won't ask too many dum questions.

What? Not a single mention of this site, even though (judging by the names I recognize) at least half the questions he answered came from here? Gonna have to talk to that guy. <_<

I know Lori was having a little fun with me, but I do need to thank everybody on the site for sending in their questions. I got flooded with Bills talk last week, and it was refreshing. It was an enjoyable mailbag for me.

My job at ESPN is to cover the AFC East, not just the Patriots or Brett Favre. So as far as I'm concerned the Bills are one quarter (maybe more than one quarter) of my focus -- no less important than the media darlings. I'm proud of my Buffalo connections and all the friendships I've made with fans over the years. I intend to keep writing about the Bills as much as I can. I hope everybody keeps reading.

I've also signed up for an account here to give us one more way to communicate. I'll be stopping in quite a bit and look forward to getting more involved with the discussions.

I know Lori was having a little fun with me, but I do need to thank everybody on the site for sending in their questions. I got flooded with Bills talk last week, and it was refreshing. It was an enjoyable mailbag for me.

My job at ESPN is to cover the AFC East, not just the Patriots or Brett Favre. So as far as I'm concerned the Bills are one quarter (maybe more than one quarter) of my focus -- no less important than the media darlings. I'm proud of my Buffalo connections and all the friendships I've made with fans over the years. I intend to keep writing about the Bills as much as I can. I hope everybody keeps reading.

I've also signed up for an account here to give us one more way to communicate. I'll be stopping in quite a bit and look forward to getting more involved with the discussions.

Nice to have you here, Mr. Graham. I think it's terrific that writers for .coms like ESPN come to the sites once in awhile. And this is, of course, the best of the best. <_<

Cool and welcome.

Trust me, if you keep writing about the Bills, we'll keep reading. I can't get enough.

Tom B in Endicott, N.Y., writes: What are your thoughts on our return game in Buffalo? I mean, we have Parrish, McGee and now with a glimpse of what we can expect from McKelvin, is there a chance we see McGee take a back seat to stick with cornerback? I don't see McKelvin taking over on punts for Parrish, but I do see McKelvin taking over for McGee. Not only that, but it could also mean more production from McGee on defense.

Tim Graham: I asked Bills coach Dick Jauron that very question after Thursday night's preseason game. To recap the situation for the unfamiliar, Roscoe Parrish led the NFL with a 16.3-yard punt return average, Terrence McGee was Pro Bowl return man two years ago and rookie Leodis McKelvin might be best of them all.

McKelvin ran back a kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown against the Steelers and had a great night in the preseason opener, too.

Here's Jauron's response to me about how he'll approach the job, and it sound like it will depend on who's fresh at a given point in a game:

We've got really good kick returners. Terrence and Roscoe are our first-line returners and now, of course, Leodis. Those guys, knock on wood, they tend to get nicked, so there is room for all of them. They'll all have their opportunities, which is a good thing to see.

<_<

That question was asked by me.......Pretty cool he answered it. Myself personally, id like to see McGee worry about defense, I think kickoffs wear and tear on him through the season, maybe taking a load off his shoulders will help.