Damn, Favre looks pretty good!

Lv-Bills

The scary part about the Jets is this......and Favre also fits this role also......they have a lot of older vets who at one point in their career played football at a high level. If all or most of these guys feel Favre can get them over the top and prolong their career just a tad longer, the Jets might be dangerous.

I think the Jets are either a very good team, or a very bad one. No middle ground. These vets usually either come together nicely or totally tank.

It'll be interesting.

The scary part about the Jets is this......and Favre also fits this role also......they have a lot of older vets who at one point in their career played football at a high level. If all or most of these guys feel Favre can get them over the top and prolong their career just a tad longer, the Jets might be dangerous.

I think the Jets are either a very good team, or a very bad one. No middle ground. These vets usually either come together nicely or totally tank.

It'll be interesting.

I think they'll drop off at the end of games and the end of the year.

The Redskins are already complaining that the Jets gameplanned and they didn't.

:thumbsup:

:wallbash: Jets interview Joe Namath during game...after interviewing him last week, but nobody could hear him...this weak....can't hear him either. Great job by the technical staff! :thumbsup:

I would kill to hear, or not hear Namath, as I'm again stuck watching the local Redskins feed with Joe Fuggin Theisman. I swear to god, I don't what anyone sees in JT in the announcing booth. He's absolutely brutal to listen to.

I recall in 2005, the Packers came to the Ralph to play a preseason game. Their first drive they looked very crisp, Favre was incredibly sharp, they converted a few 3rd downs and took the opening drive down the field, culminating with a Favre touchdown pass. They were up 7-0 and that was it for their starting offense.

They proceeded to go 6-10 and Favre had his worst season of his career with 20 TDs and 29 INTs.

I'm just saying.

I think we'd all prefer to see Pennington or Clemens under center for the Jets, but Favre it is. I know there was some extra interest in his first performance outside of a Green Bay uniform in 16 years, but preseason play has little to do with anything. If I recall correctly, Losman looked pretty good in that '05 game too... :thumbsup:

I recall in 2005, the Packers came to the Ralph to play a preseason game. Their first drive they looked very crisp, Favre was incredibly sharp, they converted a few 3rd downs and took the opening drive down the field, culminating with a Favre touchdown pass. They were up 7-0 and that was it for their starting offense.

They proceeded to go 6-10 and Favre had his worst season of his career with 20 TDs and 29 INTs.

I'm just saying.

I think we'd all prefer to see Pennington or Clemens under center for the Jets, but Favre it is. I know there was some extra interest in his first performance outside of a Green Bay uniform in 16 years, but preseason play has little to do with anything. If I recall correctly, Losman looked pretty good in that '05 game too... :thumbsup:

I also recall the Bills and the K gun coming in for maybe one series in a number of pre-season games in the 90's, scoring in about 5 plays and 4 minutes, and dominating the AFC for about 10 years!

I do not think Farve can hold up in the AFC East.This is the toughest division in football.Don't get me wrong I like Farve I don't see him lasting to long here.

Not sure if I would call the AFC east the toughest division in football.... The NFC east in my opinion is much tougher especially since last year we had the 1-15 Dolphins with us

I couldn't believe how many here were dismissing the Jets acquisition of Favre. Making that one move put them in what will no doubt be a very crowded playoff chase at the end of the season. I felt that they had no shot before getting Favre, but with him and that easy schedule which all of the AFC East gets to play, the Jets are going to be a tough team to deal with this season.

Not sure if I would call the AFC east the toughest division in football.... The NFC east in my opinion is much tougher especially since last year we had the 1-15 Dolphins with us

Well, outside of the NFC East, the AFC South & the AFC North it is.

5/6 for 48 yards and a TD.

That is good but he was complaining about his arm hurting during camp after a lot of throws. I'm curious to see if in a real game he's as good at the end as he is at the beginning.

If I'm playing the Jets, I bring the heat and make Brett make a fast decision with the ball. This is a brand new offense for him, it is going to take awhile for him to know where to go with the ball in a split second.

Favre, schmavre, when we play them, our young team will be running circles around the old Jets by the second half, and Brett will be tossing up ducks all game with the pressure we put on him. I am so excited to see Brett in NY, because now the games will be fodder for flexible scheduling, at least that second game. That and maybe this year, we can make TWO Superbowl QBs feel the pent up rage that is the Bills defense. :unsure:

Favre, schmavre, when we play them, our young team will be running circles around the old Jets by the second half, and Brett will be tossing up ducks all game with the pressure we put on him. I am so excited to see Brett in NY, because now the games will be fodder for flexible scheduling, at least that second game. That and maybe this year, we can make TWO Superbowl QBs feel the pent up rage that is the Bills defense. :thumbsup:

Thats what I,m talking about !!! :unsure: