Saw Tropic Thunder last night

PromoTheRobot

Two big thumbs up for Tropic Thunder. Robert Downey Jr. is hilarious and is really the pivot of the movie. Jack Black is at his best too. Stiller is good but not at the same level as Black & Downey, but he gets huge props for writing and directing the film. The best character is the "studio mogul". I won't say who it is though you may have read it already elsewhere. My wife fell over when the credits rolled and saw who it was. She had no idea. It's such a departure from what this actor is known for, and he looks totally different in the film.

P.S...DO NOT MISS THE TRAILERS BEFORE THE FILM!!!

PTR

Two big thumbs up for Tropic Thunder. Robert Downey Jr. is hilarious and is really the pivot of the movie. Jack Black is at his best too. Stiller is good but not at the same level as Black & Downey, but he gets huge props for writing and directing the film. The best character is the "studio mogul". I won't say who it is though you may have read it already elsewhere. My wife fell over when the credits rolled and saw who it was. She had no idea. It's such a departure from what this actor is known for, and he looks totally different in the film.

P.S...DO NOT MISS THE TRAILERS BEFORE THE FILM!!!

PTR

Your wife couldn't figure out who the "studio mogul" was until the credits????

Either way, I really thought the movie was quite entertaining.

I heard there was a protest but I never heard why.

Groups for the mentally handicapped objected to the word "retard" in the film, and the depition of a "retard" by Stiller in a fictiicious film called "Simple Jack." The joke was making fun of actors trying to earn points for playing "serious roles" like retards. But as Robert Downey Jr's charecter points out Stiller made the mistake of going "full retard." The protesting groups only hurt themselves by going ballistic over every little thing instead of having a sense of humor and realizing they aren't making fun of retards here.

PTR

Black was better than usual for as I usually can't stand him. Played a good strung out guy

So what you're saying is Jack Black played.... Jack Black yet again, only this time he wasn't "over the top" Jack Black? Seriously how does this hack keep getting hired?

I'm sure Bullpen Jr. will want to see it. Hopefully, Mrs. Bullpen will take him while I'm playing golf, doing my fantasy football draft or something so I don't have subject myself to a full on Jack Black attack coupled with the 2nd funniest person with the last name Stiller giving us his version of an "acting performance." :unsure:

I'm sure Downey Jr is good in this at least I hope he is. I would be nice to see him complete this renasiance he's having. :thumbsup: Seems like he's overcome his demons and is back on the road to redemption with Hollywood.

So what you're saying is Jack Black played.... Jack Black yet again, only this time he wasn't "over the top" Jack Black? Seriously how does this hack keep getting hired?

I'm sure Bullpen Jr. will want to see it. Hopefully, Mrs. Bullpen will take him while I'm playing golf, doing my fantasy football draft or something so I don't have subject myself to a full on Jack Black attack coupled with the 2nd funniest person with the last name Stiller giving us his version of an "acting performance." :unsure:

I'm sure Downey Jr is good in this at least I hope he is. I would be nice to see him complete this renasiance he's having. :thumbsup: Seems like he's overcome his demons and is back on the road to redemption with Hollywood.

I know what you mean about Black, but he actually was good in this film.

PTR

I'm sure Bullpen Jr. will want to see it. Hopefully, Mrs. Bullpen will take him while I'm playing golf, doing my fantasy football draft or something so I don't have subject myself to a full on Jack Black attack coupled with the 2nd funniest person with the last name Stiller giving us his version of an "acting performance." :devil:

I'm sure Downey Jr is good in this at least I hope he is. I would be nice to see him complete this renasiance he's having. :angry: Seems like he's overcome his demons and is back on the road to redemption with Hollywood.

I almost always like Jack Black in supporting roles. It's when he is the main character that his act just ruins the movie.

I pretty much HATE Ben Stiller, but as long as the rest of the cast is okay I'll probably take a chance on the movie.