A Peters Thread!

A positive to take from lastnight:

I think the way the offense/o-line played well enough last night (preseason, granted...didn't play perfectly, granted) that they put some pressure on JPetes to get back with the team.

I don't want to go so far as to say they proved they don't need him, but they certainly showed they can function without him. Marshawn and the other running backs did better at picking up the blitz last night than I've ever seen before, and for the most part Trent had the time/lanes he needed.

At this point, knowing now that the Bills aren't up to their necks without him (like most of us assumed), I HAVE to believe it's in his interest to STFU and except the money he DOES have coming.

I have to agree...tho i'll wait till regular season to actually say we could win without Peters...but this dose have to show Peters that he better get into camp, stfu and then talk about $ next season...

See that's the thing that is SO rediculous concerning JP's Agent and his strategy...If Peters had simply showed up and worked hard with the rest of His Teammates He would not have to wait till next Year to talk...But now I can't see The Bills doing much for Him this Season...It would take a MAJOR turnaround by Peters and His Agent...This was just a stupid gamble the Agent took and now He's done nothing but hurt His Client short-term...Of coarse being an Agent I'm sure He knows that and He'll try to make it up somehow...At this point...it's just fuggen stupid if You ask Me... :thumbsup:

Isn't there a chance that if the Bills demonstrate to the league that they are going to have a legitimate chance this season at the playoffs (as they did last night), that Peters is going to want to be a part of that? Not to mention he has to be down 100,000 grand in fines by now. I agree the line held up, but that just makes me more frustrated because its more obvious how strong of a team we have this year. If Peters shows up and the line gets some much needed depth, I think we have a pretty legitimate shot.

Isn't it amazing how this conversation changed in 5 days.

31 rushes, 5.1 yards per attempt. Total 159 yards rushing, and no false starts.

My guess is, Peters and his agent are satisfied with that one play where Walker got Edwards creamed at his 3-yard line or whatever it was, knowing that, if this had been a regular season game, that might have easily been a fumble, a possible injury to Trent, and an end to the good vibes in B-Lo in one fell swoop.

I think the thing that hurt the Bills is not coming out and saying they would DEFINITELY start talks with Peters the MILLISECOND he reports to camp, combined with the knowledge Peters has that, once he does show up, all his fines are waived and the whole time he spent diccking Brandon around don't mean a thing.

Isn't there a chance that if the Bills demonstrate to the league that they are going to have a legitimate chance this season at the playoffs (as they did last night), that Peters is going to want to be a part of that? Not to mention he has to be down 100,000 grand in fines by now. I agree the line held up, but that just makes me more frustrated because its more obvious how strong of a team we have this year. If Peters shows up and the line gets some much needed depth, I think we have a pretty legitimate shot.

Ya gotta think he's feeling pretty stupid right now, and is wondering how he gets out of the jam he's caused himself without looking like a total idiot. Too late for that, Jason.

His fine is $15K/day for each day he doesn't show up, whether or not there is a practice that day. Counting today, his fine is $330K and growing. His salary this season is $3.25M - not sure if that's spread over 16 or 17 weeks, but let's say it's 17 weeks; his weekly check would be just over $190K. By the time he finishes demonstrating his stupidity and realizes he's not gettin' any more money this season, it's going to take 3 game checks to pay his fines. Don't know if the Bills can go after his signing bonus is he misses any games but, if they can, they should.

Hey Jason...get yer ass to camp, ya knucklehead!

My guess is, Peters and his agent are satisfied with that one play where Walker got Edwards creamed at his 3-yard line or whatever it was, knowing that, if this had been a regular season game, that might have easily been a fumble, a possible injury to Trent, and an end to the good vibes in B-Lo in one fell swoop.

I think the thing that hurt the Bills is not coming out and saying they would DEFINITELY start talks with Peters the MILLISECOND he reports to camp, combined with the knowledge Peters has that, once he does show up, all his fines are waived and the whole time he spent diccking Brandon around don't mean a thing.

The Bills ARE NOT going to start talks the second he reports and Jason can eat the fines as an object lesson to all for an extremely stupid job action.

I am sure the conversation between the Bills and Peters/Agent is not exactly the same as what they provide to the media. If the Bills want to start negotiating, they would have let that known to Peters. There are too many unknowns here. The Bills first would need to do a physical on Peters to find out how his groin has recovered. To do that, they need Peters to be in Camp and playing and taking reps to see how the groin holds up to real hitting.

I hope Roger Goddell can step in and see if the two parties can meet since this is maddening.