Edwards threw a 70 yard TD to Hardy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards did not have a strong arm last season. He was very stiff and did not rotate his hips into throws. The "core" is where a great deal of arm strength is generated and that is where he can really improve. He bulked up and got stronger, and I would hope that he really worked on his core strength.

Yeah I agree with you. Chris Simms has said that was his problem last year, he still didn't have the core strength from the surgery of losing his spleen. He had a good game the other night, led the Bucs on a sustained drive for a TD. Let's hope we see that out of Trent against Pitt.

Should we be happy or worried that Edwards pass of 70 yards in practice is news?????????????????

News gets reported when something un-ordinary happens...... crash, killing, storm, 70 yard pass

IMO, it's average, and would not be considered "good arm strength" relative to most QBs in the league, especially starters. Especially as far as the real deep passes. He throws a very tight spiral though, so his ball can sometimes get 40 yards in a hurry. But it's surely not weak, and it's surely strong enough to make the throws he needs to make to be a good or potentially great QB.

Great analysis!!! I also sense that his ball is easy to catch, as opposed to a Randall Cunningham type of passer for example.

Staubach is an example of a qb who imo had that soft touch, where the ball seemed to die in the hands of the receiver.

Hopefully, all of us know that I am not trying to compare Trent to Staubach.