Do you think J.P. would stay in Buffalo

RVJ

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairchild changed the offense to more of a style Trent Edwards would fit into even though Trent Edwards hadn't hit the field yet, (you may remember the complaints by Losman at the time) complaints Losman was heavily critisized for,add the fact the offense was never molded properly to match Losmans great wheels and to me it was a huge bungle on JP's career :wallbash:

My guess is these decisions came from the top, possibly higher than Jauron and I'll bet the contract status of JP also played a big part. Trent Edwards came into the league so highly reccomended by Bill walsh that under the circumstances, I believe Marv Levy felt an obligation to help kick start Trent Edwards career.

Odd man out, JP Losman :lol:

maybe, but seems like the offense was installed before TE was the anointed starter and he was drafted before Walsh's endorsement came in. Contracts, maybe...

Fairchild totally blew our chances with either QB last year and Jauron blindly supported him. Thank god he took another job offer and created the opening for a different set of play calling.

My brother and I have ruminated on the Losman situation throughout training camp. Losman has done a superb job of:

1) Being the good sport, the consumate team player, the antichrist of whining. Locker room cancer? Forget it. The guy's a model citizen.

2) Being a damn good quarterback. A great quarterback? Hell no. But he's all business, he's acting like a veteran, he's a solid presence as the Number 2.

He AIN'T doing this because he wants to be HERE next year. He's no dope, and neither is his agent. My guess? He'll have multiple offers once the season ends, but he's going to be the starting quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings next year. Why Minnesota?

1) A solid Left Tackle

2) A so-so Running Back (just wanted to see if you're paying attention)

3) Nine (9) games guaranteed in a domed stadium, with an extremely high probability of 10 or 11 games in a dome per year.

Think about it. With Peterson lined up in the backfield, opposing teams have to - HAVE TO - stack 8 in the box. If they don't, they'll get killed. No wind interference in the dome, his back side is covered, and his preference is to heave the bomb. Get him a couple of screamer WRs, and Losman will throw for 3,500+. The Vikes may not get far in the playoffs using that formula, but who in this forum wouldn't kill for 3-4 years of losing in the first few rounds of the Big Dance?

Get your #7 Vikings jerseys lined up now.

Guest dog14787
My brother and I have ruminated on the Losman situation throughout training camp. Losman has done a superb job of:

1) Being the good sport, the consumate team player, the antichrist of whining. Locker room cancer? Forget it. The guy's a model citizen.

2) Being a damn good quarterback. A great quarterback? Hell no. But he's all business, he's acting like a veteran, he's a solid presence as the Number 2.

He AIN'T doing this because he wants to be HERE next year. He's no dope, and neither is his agent. My guess? He'll have multiple offers once the season ends, but he's going to be the starting quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings next year. Why Minnesota?

1) A solid Left Tackle

2) A so-so Running Back (just wanted to see if you're paying attention)

3) Nine (9) games guaranteed in a domed stadium, with an extremely high probability of 10 or 11 games in a dome per year.

Think about it. With Peterson lined up in the backfield, opposing teams have to - HAVE TO - stack 8 in the box. If they don't, they'll get killed. No wind interference in the dome, his back side is covered, and his preference is to heave the bomb. Get him a couple of screamer WRs, and Losman will throw for 3,500+. The Vikes may not get far in the playoffs using that formula, but who in this forum wouldn't kill for 3-4 years of losing in the first few rounds of the Big Dance?

Get your #7 Vikings jerseys lined up now.

Good fit :wallbash:

Bash all you want....I still Have faith in the kid. I think he will do very well in the not to distant future. If the Bills offered him a better than average 2nd string QB salary, do you think he might re-sign ? Or he is just waiting for the end of this season to bolt.

If Ralphie paid the 5 million that he stiffed JP because of 2007 snaps. Basically.....hell no, because Ralphie would never do it.