What if Trent completely chokes the first couple games?

marioc

Wait a minute here! If he will suck, then you need to take everything into account. My guess would be we have no running game and thus putrid blocking on pass attempts or receivers continually dropping balls.

Very rarely can you blame a loss or ineptitude on just one person in a team sport!

Unless his name is JP Losman.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless his name is JP Losman.

Please stop. The Bills did everything they could do to protect Losman for most of his starts. Face it, he was given a lot more opportunities than a lotof guys to reclaim a starter job. He just couldn't get it done. For JP's sake, I hope he takes more responsibilty for his failures than his fans do. Because if he ever wants to play again in this league, he needs to learn from his mistakes rather than keep making excuses for his play.

As for Edwards, it's a bit tricker because it's his 2nd season. As long as there isn't any major regression, he deserves to keep the job. However if by his 4th year and his play is on par with a 3rd round rookie, he needs to go as well.

Please stop. The Bills did everything they could do to protect Losman for most of his starts. Face it, he was given a lot more opportunities than a lotof guys to reclaim a starter job. He just couldn't get it done. For JP's sake, I hope he takes more responsibilty for his failures than his fans do. Because if he ever wants to play again in this league, he needs to learn from his mistakes rather than keep making excuses for his play.

As for Edwards, it's a bit tricker because it's his 2nd season. As long as there isn't any major regression, he deserves to keep the job. However if by his 4th year and his play is on par with a 3rd round rookie, he needs to go as well.

Why don't you JUST STOP. I have NEVER heard JP make ANY EXCUSES for himself. Please explain to me exactly what the Bills did to protect JP for most of his starts. NAME ME other 1st round QB's who have had less opportunities to reclaim a starter job than JP. NAME me JUST ONE 1st round pick who has been jerked around as much as JP. My opinion on Edwards is unless his physical limitations prove to be too obvious, I will give him the same 31 games you all gave JP. At least most if not all his games will be for the same coaching staff, & on a MUCH better team than JP had.

What if a frog had a glass a$$, would he only jump once? He is your QB leave him in and let him learn.

I am all for leaving Trent in for the entire season, unless he shows his physical limitations will prevent him from ever becoming a quality #1 QB in the NFL. You can't learn your way out of a physical limitation.

This talk of "screwing" up JP is hilarious. Had the Bills never removed Losman he would still be the same QB. Nothing would change. He takes to many sacks. He fumbles. He can't make reads to secondary targets. He has poor accuracy. He does two things well, throw deep, and run. Thats all. Those are the only things he's ever looked good doing and will never look good doing anything else. You can disagree with the way the coaches managed him but that management would have never corrected his fundamental issues as a QB.

NAME ME other 1st round QB's who have had less opportunities to reclaim a starter job than JP. NAME me JUST ONE 1st round pick who has been jerked around as much as JP.

Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich. Boller has been in & out as the starter for years now-more opportunities to reclaim the job, jerked around at least as much as JP. Joey Harrington-Detroit shipped him to Miami for a low pick him after 4 seasons, so he didn't get another chance to reclaim the starter's job-less opportunity than Losman, although their 1st 4 years are similar. Counting the in & out of starting in Miami & Atlanta, he's been jerked around more than JP. Byron Leftwich-Once he fell out of favor in Jacksonville, he was gone, same thing in Atlanta-both times given no opportunity to get his job back-just cut.

1st round busts go in & out of the lineup & get jerked around then jettisoned. The fact that they are 1st rounders gives them more opportunities at reclaiming the job than most other benched QBs. Here's another one-Akili Smith.

We could have had Leinart :thumbsup:

This is about making the playoffs, not throwing in the towel for the year to develop a QB who may or may not be NFL caliber. QB who plays is the one that gives us the best chance to win the game. I am sick and tired of this losers mentality. You mean to tell me that you're ready to tell the other 51 guys busting their ass every week that they are wasting their time and we're just gonna let this young guy play even tho he sucks ? That's dogsh*t. If Trent sucks, pull his ass out and let JP see if he can turn things around. Once the playoffs are no longer a possibility, then Trent can go back and see if he can get any better over time. If he still sucks, time to find a new plan.

This talk of "screwing" up JP is hilarious. Had the Bills never removed Losman he would still be the same QB. Nothing would change. He takes to many sacks. He fumbles. He can't make reads to secondary targets. He has poor accuracy. He does two things well, throw deep, and run. Thats all. Those are the only things he's ever looked good doing and will never look good doing anything else. You can disagree with the way the coaches managed him but that management would have never corrected his fundamental issues as a QB.

My only complaint is that is "Opportunities" came too early and with a franchise that is a laughingstock in the league. I am worried that the same thing is about to happen with Trent Edwards.

And kid yourself all you want with media predictions- those around the NFL laugh at us. Maybe when we beat Miami this year, the fans in Toronto will tear down the goal posts.

Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich. Boller has been in & out as the starter for years now-more opportunities to reclaim the job, jerked around at least as much as JP. Joey Harrington-Detroit shipped him to Miami for a low pick him after 4 seasons, so he didn't get another chance to reclaim the starter's job-less opportunity than Losman, although their 1st 4 years are similar. Counting the in & out of starting in Miami & Atlanta, he's been jerked around more than JP. Byron Leftwich-Once he fell out of favor in Jacksonville, he was gone, same thing in Atlanta-both times given no opportunity to get his job back-just cut.

1st round busts go in & out of the lineup & get jerked around then jettisoned. The fact that they are 1st rounders gives them more opportunities at reclaiming the job than most other benched QBs. Here's another one-Akili Smith.

Boller has been jerked around but not near as much as JP. He played under the SAME coaching staff his entire career until this year, that should make a huge difference in a QB's development. I think JP would have had the chance to develop had he been drafted by the Ravens with this same coaches & system to develop in for 4 years.I don't think Boler was a 1st round pick either. Harrington had 4 years in Detroit to prove himself. He was not jerked around like JP. Leftwitch fell out of favor but was never jerked around in JVille.

Neither you nor I nor anyone else, know what type of QB JP could be in the right surroundings. NO QB would look good playing behind the O-Lines JP has had in front of him. Yes he has been sacked.........BECAUSE THE LINE COULD NOT BLOCK. Yes he has had trouble finding secondary receivers..........because he hardly had enough time to find his primary receivers.......BECAUSE THE LINE COULD NOT BLOCK. I disagree with you about his accuracy. Last year in the Bengals game, when he had the time, he was very accurate. I think that game reflects the type of QB JP could be in the right circumstances.

My only complaint is that is "Opportunities" came too early and with a franchise that is a laughingstock in the league. I am worried that the same thing is about to happen with Trent Edwards.

And kid yourself all you want with media predictions- those around the NFL laugh at us. Maybe when we beat Miami this year, the fans in Toronto will tear down the goal posts.

I agree with you, except if Peters plays, at least Trent will have a decent if not great O-Line in front of him.

I agree with you, except if Peters plays, at least Trent will have a decent if not great O-Line in front of him.

Funny that same great O-line only became great when Trent started checking down. If you look at the numbers, JP was still averaging close to league worse numbers in sacks per pass attempt, and they couldn't block against the run worth two craps. Figure out what the hell your talking about before you post, otherwise people with half a cerebellum will remove your logic.

Figure out what the hell your talking about before you post, otherwise people with half a cerebellum will remove your logic.

Why should he have to figure it out, when in over 3,000 posts, you still haven't convinced anybody you have. :lol:

People in glass houses...

Why should he have to figure it out, when in over 3,000 posts, you still haven't convinced anybody you have. :lol:

People in glass houses...

Actually most regulars respect my posts, why? Because I will eat the ever loving crap out of them with facts if they don't. By all means try me, and don't dispute what I say with your weak ass opinions. I'll bring facts and leave you crying like a B word with a skinned knee.

glass houses full of reality. Check check sack.

At no point has Edwards been the better choice to be the Bills starter.

JP always has been better, and that continues into tonight.

You haven't got a clue, the hole is only getting deeper, so quit digging.

Free advice.

Or join the Albany, NY clueless as !@#$ club.

:lol:

Actually most regulars respect my posts, why? Because I will eat the ever loving crap out of them with facts if they don't. By all means try me, and don't dispute what I say with your weak ass opinions. I'll bring facts and leave you crying like a B word with a skinned knee.

Dude, I used to box for a living.

I don't argue over a keyboard.

Watch who you threaten about crying like a B word, or we settle this like men.

Feel free to PM me.

At no point has Edwards been the better choice to be the Bills starter.

JP always has been better, and that continues into tonight.

You haven't got a clue, the hole is only getting deeper, so quit digging.

Free advice.

Or join the Albany, NY clueless as !@#$ club.

:lol:

LOL

please just leave LOL you look retarded with that comment <end/>

LOL

please just leave LOL you look retarded with that comment <end/>

Oh look, the illiterate member of TBD chimes in.

You really shouldn't be talking about anybody looking retarded, please don't make me pull up your post history.