Today is the NFL Trade Deadline

PIZ

What's your guess? Apparently Joey Porter will be traded today, maybe to the Bucs, according to Raider fans. Do you think the Bills are calling teams looking for a certain player or certain position? Or are they just staying put with the team they have? I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade, but not a blockbuster. Maybe for depth on the o-line.

Piz, I'm guessing that the NFLPA contract has caused the trade deadline to be so soon. I'd like to see them extend it, or have a special session later in the season, so that teams in the play-off hunt can shore themselves up or address injuries, and at the same time, the have-nots get to dump a player or two to plan for the draft and the next season.

Like MLB does.

What's your guess?  Apparently Joey Porter will be traded today, maybe to the Bucs, according to Raider fans.  Do you think the Bills are calling teams looking for a certain player or certain position?  Or are they just staying put with the team they have?  I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade, but not a blockbuster.  Maybe for depth on the o-line.

76160[/snapback]

im still trying to see wy they are trading porter. especially with the loss of rice. porter is good, but what do we have to trade? (and dont say henry).

im still trying to see wy they are trading porter. especially with the loss of rice. porter is good, but what do we have to trade? (and dont say henry).

76240[/snapback]

Yeah I'm lost too as why they are getting rid of Porter. Does anyone no why?

I think TD targets certain positions & looks around the league to see who might be offered as trade bait based on various teams' circumstances (i.e., like the Bills & Sam Adams).

They probably make a few calls because they have to, but they probably do not expect much to happen because most often it does not.

Why would Parcells give a first rounder for Travis Henry? Makes no sense whatsoever when you can get an equal or better back with the same pick and lock him into a 6 year contract at a cheap price.

Travis Henry will not yield a first rounder. 2nd? Maybe... but even that is pushing it. Corey Dillon was worth a second rounder to the Pats, but I would put his value ahead of Henry.

I still say that we should trade Travis Henry to the cowboys for their latter 1st round pick......

Lets just finish the season with Magehee, Burns, and Shawd Williams and be done with it.......

76243[/snapback]

I still say that we should trade Travis Henry to the cowboys for their latter 1st round pick......

Lets just finish the season with Magehee, Burns, and Shawd Williams and be done with it.......

76243[/snapback]

Have you seen the cowboys play lately? What makes you think that this team will have a "latter" 1st rd pick? In all likelyhood dallas is going have two top 10 picks at this point in time, and henry is not worth that. If we trade henry it should be to arizona or the raiders for their 2nd rd pick, this way we can draft two olinemen in the early 2nd rd

Have you seen the cowboys play lately? What makes you think that this team will have a "latter" 1st rd pick?  In all likelyhood dallas is going have two top 10 picks at this point in time

76452[/snapback]

At this time possibly, but this Bills team is far from done. When a new head coach comes into a team it takes time to adjust. It is natural to feel impateint especially with a team that you care about. I think Dallas could finish the season worse than us. JP Losman will be worth the first round pick that we gave up.