Future College Football Schedules

Ramius

Cool site, but seems a bit behind compared to what Texas lists online. I wonder if other Universities are the same way.

Actually, the only thing that site doesnt list for future years that Texas does is conference games. That list is mroe for the big time out of conference matchups.

Its funny to see that most SEC teams (tennessee aside) continue to have candy ass schedules OOC, so they can whine about "waaaahh, our conference schedule is soooo tough"

Actually, the only thing that site doesnt list for future years that Texas does is conference games. That list is mroe for the big time out of conference matchups.

Its funny to see that most SEC teams (tennessee aside) continue to have candy ass schedules OOC, so they can whine about "waaaahh, our conference schedule is soooo tough"

I like candy.

I like candy.

bubble gum and taffy

skip to the sweet shop with my sweetheart sandy

Got my pennies saved so I'm her sugar daddy

I'm her Hume Cronyn and she's my Jessica Tandy, I want candy!

put it in a pile, split it with my bitty 50/50 down the line

kinda like close encounters of the cavity kind

im talkin liquorice kisses, talkin chocodile smiles

I want candy, i got a sugar tooth

put on your shin gaurds, Sandy, 'cause i wanna knock boots

lick my peppermint stick til' the lollipop droops

gumdrop that dont stop til' its licked knot loose

i need candy bubble gum, and taffy

get in my way punk, you're gonna get ya ass beat, nasty

Do it till your dad sees, embarass your family

Just 'cause you came between a kid and his candy

I need candy, any kind'll do

Don't care if it's nutritious or "FDA approved"

It's gonna make me spaz like bobcats on booze

A hyperactive juice that only I can produce

And fuel a giant drill, bore straight into Hell

Releasing ancient demons from their sleep forever spell

So they can walk upon the earth, and get resituated

And Hock the diet pills that MC Pee Pants has created

I need candy, want some candy, eat candy til' I'm dead

I'll kill you for some candy, give me candy, candy head!

Where you keepin' all the candy?!

Who made you candy king?!

If you dont give me some candy, I will make the ladies sing!

Mess up the mix, mix up the mess

Come on down yo, here's the address

At 6-1-2 Wharf Avenue,

Right next to, gentlemen's club.

How many DII schools is FSU playing this year?

It isn't the SEC's fault that other conferences need to look outside in order to get top games.

How many DII schools is FSU playing this year?

It isn't the SEC's fault that other conferences need to look outside in order to get top games.

FSU is playing the same number that UF typically plays. Not that it justifies it, but the only reaosn we have 2 I-AA games scheduled is due to the suspensions from last season.

As for the SEC, thats just it...aside from a few marquee matchups, the other SEC games arent "top" games. They are just your average conference game, but the SEC would like to whine and contend that Alabama and Vandy is a "marquee" game.

FSU is playing the same number that UF typically plays. Not that it justifies it, but the only reaosn we have 2 I-AA games scheduled is due to the suspensions from last season.

As for the SEC, thats just it...aside from a few marquee matchups, the other SEC games arent "top" games. They are just your average conference game, but the SEC would like to whine and contend that Alabama and Vandy is a "marquee" game.

Some of the Big 12 schedules are absolutely brutal this year. We, for instance, play Arkansas, Colorado, Missouri, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Kansas.

My ass hurts.

Some of the Big 12 schedules are absolutely brutal this year. We, for instance, play Arkansas, Colorado, Missouri, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Kansas.

My ass hurts.

That is rough. I for one would like to see each and every "top" team in the nation schedule 1 big time OOC game per season, and 1 "average" game, leaving 2 cupcakes.

Tennessee-Cal is big

OSU-Texas is big

OSU-USC is big

Games like that.

Yeah, that'd be cool. I have to think that when Texas scheduled Arkansas this year, they thought Arkie was going to be a tougher opponent and not in the midst of this much turmoil.

Well, at least the intention was there. I liek how FSU has UF and Colorado as 2 of their OOC games. 1 top team, and 1 "decent" team., I dont like the fact that we scheduled 2 I-AA teams, but i understand why it was done.

That is rough. I for one would like to see each and every "top" team in the nation schedule 1 big time OOC game per season, and 1 "average" game, leaving 2 cupcakes.

Tennessee-Cal is big

OSU-Texas is big

OSU-USC is big

Games like that.

I agree with you to a point. As much as I love the great rivalries in all the conferences of college football, September is my favorite month because of the OOC games. I've always believed that if a team wants to be taken seriously as a contender for the national title, then one criteria should be "how strong is your non-conference schedule".

Thankfully we are seeing more of the top teams facing each other, and that is a good thing.

I think that your singling out of the SEC not scheduling that many tough OOC games is a bit unfair. I agree that Florida is notorious for scheduling cupcakes. Still there are other teams from the SEC who have some big games. Tennessee @ UCLA, Georgia @ Arizona State, Alabama Vs. Clemson, Arkansas-Texas, & Auburn @ West Virginia. Those are very big games. You could make the same case about the other conferences not scheduling big OOC games too.

Many people made a big deal about Ohio State not having a big non-conference schedule last year. But the previous 2 years they did play Texas, and now this year they are playing USC.

So some teams have tougher schedules one year, and then a weaker schedule the next. As long as they remain consistent, I'm fine with that.

Oh yeah, every year I get sick of all the people screaming about the those mighty Vandy teams. :angry: Way to pick one of the 3 team in the SEC that sucks.

Florida is playing 3 teams in the top 20 (Georgia, LSU, Tennessee) (it's an off year for Auburn or it would be 4)

and 6 in the top 30 (Alabama, SC, Florida State).

The Miami games was set up years ago and SHOULD have been a tough game. They can't help how bad Miami has gotten (and who knows, maybe they will progress this year).

How much more can be expected of a team in one year? They don't have the luxery of only having two or 3 top schools in their entire conference.

Oh yeah, every year I get sick of all the people screaming about the those mighty Vandy teams. :angry: Way to pick one of the 3 team in the SEC that sucks.

Florida is playing 3 teams in the top 20 (Georgia, LSU, Tennessee) (it's an off year for Auburn or it would be 4)

and 6 in the top 30 (Alabama, SC, Florida State).

The Miami games was set up years ago and SHOULD have been a tough game. They can't help how bad Miami has gotten (and who knows, maybe they will progress this year).

How much more can be expected of a team in one year? They don't have the luxery of only having two or 3 top schools in their entire conference.

You can not ridicule the SEC for scheduling a few cupcakes. The inconference schedule is usually brutal. The one thing I do think the SEC is wrong in is that they very rarely play tough OOC games outside their region. Very surprised Georgia is willing to go to tempe this year & Tenn was willing to go to Berkley last year. One other interesting thing I have read. USF wants to get annual series going against the three other Florida schools(FSU, Miami & Florida) but none of them are willing to come to Tampa. I think they said next year they are playing Miami in Tampa but it was scheduled so long ago when USF was just starting out. They said Miami will not do it again. I realize that programs like FSU & Flordia hate scheduling OOC away because they probably lose guaranteed revenues, but... this would be great for college football to setup these regional rivalries in the state of Florida.

To be honest about it, teams schedule cupcakes in large part to generate revenues from an additional home game. Also, sometimes these schedules are made long in advance which doesn't prevent a big name team having a down year or two ex: Washington during last season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.