Angelo Crowell

Mike100

Is he going to be a free agent after this year? If he is, I would like to see him locked up this year to an extention.

I doubt he will be signed, not that I have any usefull information, its just that I have a signed mini helmet from him, so naturally he will be an ex-Bill. I will store that mini with my Antoine Smith, and Travis Henry minis......

He will probably leave, seeking the best deal possible. Someone will over pay for him to shore up a OLB spot. Being in a contract year, I imagine he is gonna have a big season too, which will only drive his value up, making it too expensive to keep him. I'm sure he'd rather test the market anyway.

He will probably leave, seeking the best deal possible. Someone will over pay for him to shore up a OLB spot. Being in a contract year, I imagine he is gonna have a big season too, which will only drive his value up, making it too expensive to keep him. I'm sure he'd rather test the market anyway.

young, experienced, leader, proven, fits the defense - why don't the bills just sign him? why create a hole in the lineup that has to be filled with a first day draft pick or free agent?

with only two major FA's coming up this off-season there is plenty of cash available for the bills to ink him.......letting him go would be a mistake and would not be productive

Is he going to be a free agent after this year? If he is, I would like to see him locked up this year to an extention.

He is a solid starter, but he is not that good, an ok linebacker on what has been a very porous defense. I f we can resign him great, but if not its not the end of the world, I wouldnt pay him more than the Kawika Mitchell deal. Peters and Evans need to be priority.

He is a solid starter, but he is not that good, an ok linebacker on what has been a very porous defense. I f we can resign him great, but if not its not the end of the world, I wouldnt pay him more than the Kawika Mitchell deal. Peters and Evans need to be priority.

I agree totally. I still dont see where all the Crowell love is coming from. I admit the guy is good in coverage, but he gets run over at the point of attack and as a pass rush threat he is almost non existent as he has 7 career sacks( even though he is a 4-3 LB he still should be getting 4 sacks a year). Many on this board buried Fletcher because his tackles where all 5-7 yards beyond the line of scrimmage but we give Crowell a free pass. If Crowell signs a contract that an average starting OLB gets paid then great, if not then he is replaceable. The LBs that have walked from this team the last 15 years Crowell is way down the list. Also dont forget that you can find serviceable OLB later in the draft, although I wouldnt be opposed to taking one early(especially if he can rush the passer).

Could not agree less- finally have a great LB core, and you want to let him go for a rookie in the draft? :thumbsup:

Like another poster said, I'll take him if he wants to sign for a K. Mitchell type contract (probably a little more). BUt he is about to hit FA, some dumb team is going to pay twice that, he's just not worth that much.

And if we could somehow manage to steal

in the draft, I'de be all for it.

Could not agree less- finally have a great LB core, and you want to let him go for a rookie in the draft? :unsure:

I dont think it is great by any means. The starters are a journeymen, a player who has three pro games under his belt and a player who has been a little better then average-not exactly monsters of the midway or the Steel Curtain. Don't get me wrong I am stoked about Poz and think he has a bright future, and I dont think the group is terrible. I just dont think any of them are worth spending a ton of money (maybe Poz in a year or two).I dont think this group is bad but I wouldnt mind at all if the Bills decided that they wanted a fresh face at the end of the year and let Crowell walk. He is the odd man out since Mitchell is tied up long term and PP is young, so unless you really feel they are great to make the Linebacking core better he is the one that gets replaced. I am not attacking you or your opinion just respectfully disagreeing.

young, experienced, leader, proven, fits the defense - why don't the bills just sign him? why create a hole in the lineup that has to be filled with a first day draft pick or free agent?

with only two major FA's coming up this off-season there is plenty of cash available for the bills to ink him.......letting him go would be a mistake and would not be productive

I agree.

Crowell is a decent player, but nothing special. I think the Bills like him, but do not love him. He is not a continuous gamechanger. And lets not forget he has a swollen left knee which has been bothering him this training camp as well as last years. Sure, he maybe able to play with it now, but as he gets older that left knee will get arthritic real quick. Unless he has a megayear, he is not the kind of player to throw big money at. If we want to spend money on a stud OLB there should be much better in next years draft with a high round pick or free agency. Does anyone see him having a lot more upside? I just do not see it.

Crowell is a decent player, but nothing special. I think the Bills like him, but do not love him. He is not a continuous gamechanger. And lets not forget he has a swollen left knee which has been bothering him this training camp as well as last years. Sure, he maybe able to play with it now, but as he gets older that left knee will get arthritic real quick. Unless he has a megayear, he is not the kind of player to throw big money at. If we want to spend money on a stud OLB there should be much better in next years draft with a high round pick or free agency. Does anyone see him having a lot more upside? I just do not see it.

Well stated.

what he said. I also happen to believe unless you're a major force at lb, it's a position that's easy to fill via the top 4 rds of the nfl draft. Guys like Crowell come and go. It would be different if he was Keith Bulluck, or Lance Briggs, or someone of that ilk. He's an average player, who is a bit inconsistent, and can more then likely be replaced with very little problem. A strong point of Crowell is his covereage ability, he's an ok blitzer, who takes poor angles in run defense, and isn't a technically sound tackler. I really believe had Keith Rivers been available in this past draft, he'd be a bill this year. I'd look for the bills to address lb early in next years draft, and let Crowell walk.

Well stated.

I also agree, great post and very well thought out. I like Crowell and would love to see him stick around...but he's hardly a franchise player...and prone to extended stretches of being invisible.

And to the "great linebacker corps/core" poster...seriously? Let's see Mitchell prove that last season wasn't a fluke and that he's not the journeyman he looked like the years prior. As for Poz...I know, yes, he's our version of the Great White Hope...and while he did have some impressive plays in his couple of games last year, don't forget that the Bills got run the !@#$ over with him in there as MLB.

If the money is reasonable, keep Crowell around. He's the best linebacker they have, but based on the last 2 or 3 years, that's not saying a ton. If the money goes over 5 million per he can take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

I also agree, great post and very well thought out. I like Crowell and would love to see him stick around...but he's hardly a franchise player...and prone to extended stretches of being invisible.

And to the "great linebacker corps/core" poster...seriously? Let's see Mitchell prove that last season wasn't a fluke and that he's not the journeyman he looked like the years prior. As for Poz...I know, yes, he's our version of the Great White Hope...and while he did have some impressive plays in his couple of games last year, don't forget that the Bills got run the !@#$ over with him in there as MLB.

If the money is reasonable, keep Crowell around. He's the best linebacker they have, but based on the last 2 or 3 years, that's not saying a ton. If the money goes over 5 million per he can take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think Crowell is worth top dollar, at least not how he played last year (often running right past the ball carrier to go fill his gap) :blink: . But he seems to still be getting a better, but is starting to plateau IMO.

I'm interested to see if he stays healthy and how he's performing at the end of the year. If he's still improving at stops making "rookie mistakes" then I think we should re-sign him. After all, it may be hard for us to find a replacement with one of the last picks in the 2009 draft.