Patriots Sign Lamont Jordan

H2o

I know Jordan hasn't been the most durable guy and didn't really earn his paycheck with the Raiders, but he did show alot of promise with the Jets about 3 or 4 years ago. The guy is 30, but is another weapon for their team. He will spell Maroney and be the "power guy" as opposed to Maroney with his running style. It will probably also help to keep Maroney healthy. It figures they'd pick the guy up that quick.

I know Jordan hasn't been the most durable guy and didn't really earn his paycheck with the Raiders, but he did show alot of promise with the Jets about 3 or 4 years ago. The guy is 30, but is another weapon for their team. He will spell Maroney and be the "power guy" as opposed to Maroney with his running style. It will probably also help to keep Maroney healthy. It figures they'd pick the guy up that quick.

Lamont Jordan scares me "nothing".

He's actually a very similar back to Maroney. Basically the same size. Both physical. He'll help out a little here and there, but I wouldn't characterize him as a weapon.

eh I wouldn't consider Maroney a physical back. Granted occasionaly for the most part he can take some contact, but he's not physical in the same vein that say his former college teammate Marion Barber is, or how Marshawn Lynch is. Maroney tends to curl up at the sight of contact, it's why he's not an everydown #1 back. I haven't seen much of Jordan since his jets days, and very little of his stint with oakland. He's capable of being that straight ahead runner, but he's also a very good receiving back. Depending on how bad his back injury was, and how he has recovered, they'll be an alright tandem.

(Yawn) Big deal. Another scrubeenie at this stage of his career.