Finally!

I was born and raised in California, but just relocated to Boston due to my wife's job. Lucky for me, Orchard Park was on the way. It wasn't a game day or anything (obviously, since it's July), but to actually be at The Ralph was an amazing experience, one I've waited for most of my life.

See photo linkage below:

http://photobucket.com/theralph_07-2008

I still remember my first trip to the stadium. Back then it was called Rich Stadium. My first Bills game was a preseason game and it was against the KC Chiefs and I got to see Joe Montana play. Only for a series or 2. But I still seen it.

This year, I get to take my son to his first Bills game. I cant wait to see the look on his face when he gets to go.

Congrats on the visit, but make sure you catch a game sometime.

I was born and raised in California, but just relocated to Boston due to my wife's job. Lucky for me, Orchard Park was on the way. It wasn't a game day or anything (obviously, since it's July), but to actually be at The Ralph was an amazing experience, one I've waited for most of my life.

See photo linkage below:

Why do you quote a Squid in your sig line? Are you guys settled in yet?

Why do you quote a Squid in your sig line? Are you guys settled in yet?

I quote that squid because he is doing what all squids should do, paying homage to the mighty Marine Corps.

We're getting settled, we're almost done unpacking and putting the furniture together. Still waiting on my truck to arrive, it should be here within a few days, but the waiting still sucks!

When are you coming out for a visit?

See photo linkage below:

Nice pics...are you coming for a game this year?

Glad to see you two and your stuff made it there in one piece. The smoke finally cleared here. Watch the Sabercats win their 4th Arena Bowl this Sunday!

How did you like the Falls?

See photo linkage below:

You really have to go to a game. I remember my first visit back in '82. I got to the stadium and thought "this is it?"

It's a completely different ball game, NPI, when you walk in b/c half the stadium's below ground level. Actually more than half, the entire bowl. Must have been an enormouse project digging it. But you walk in and you're like, WOAH! It's really cool, especially if you go for a game. Concerts and stuff are fun, but games are the shiznit.

Of course it helps when the team's good. : ]

I can't drive up 219 past the place without my heart beating a little faster. Nice pictures of your pilgrimage.

Me neither. When my wife and I got into Buffalo the night before, I was almost too excited about seeing the stadium to get any sleep. When we were at the stadium and the Bills store, my wife joked that she would just come back and pick me up the next day. It was just incredible to see the home of one of the most storied franchises in the history of professional football. I can't wait for the gameday experience, I might have to find a way to get out there for Monday night against Cleveland or week 17 against the Pats*.

My 9 year old son and I are flying into town for the opener. It will be my first time back at the Ralph in about 7 years, and my son's first game ever in person. Sitting between the 40 & 50, 35 rows from the field (woo hoo).

All my son knows about the Bills is watching via Sunday Ticket from out of town, although he has lots of Bills gear and his room is fully decked out with Bills paraphernalia.

Can't wait to show my little dude the Buffalo gameday atmosphere, stadium and fans. He's looking forward to learning what a tailgate party is. Does it get any better than that?

My 9 year old son and I are flying into town for the opener. It will be my first time back at the Ralph in about 7 years, and my son's first game ever in person. Sitting between the 40 & 50, 35 rows from the field (woo hoo).

All my son knows about the Bills is watching via Sunday Ticket from out of town, although he has lots of Bills gear and his room is fully decked out with Bills paraphernalia.

Can't wait to show my little dude the Buffalo gameday atmosphere, stadium and fans. He's looking forward to learning what a tailgate party is. Does it get any better than that?

No, it doesn't. Absolutely not.

My first trip to Orchard Park (grew up in Charlotte, NC) was for a preseason game in 1994, Bills vs. Redskins. I can't remember the final score but I know it came down to a field goal (seems like it was 14-13 or something like that). The Skins lined up for a game winner with a rookie kicker who was in camp, rather than the old vet Chip Lomiller. The kid missed the field goal and Buffalo won the game.

What made that game special was that I got to go with my dad who passed away about a year later with cancer. He's the reason I became a Bills' fan and I will always remember getting to go to a game in Buffalo with him before he died.

I didn't make another trip there until 2005, when my brother and I (who were both at that first game in 94) went up there together to see the Bills-Panthers 13-9 debacle. What a boring game to go see...but the entire experience was amazing.

What made that game special was that I got to go with my dad who passed away about a year later with cancer. He's the reason I became a Bills' fan and I will always remember getting to go to a game in Buffalo with him before he died.

This is exactly what makes me so excited to be taking my son to the opener (not that I have a terminal illness, but life is short and you never know). On top of going myself, just being able to see the look on his face all day will be priceless. I hope that my son imbeds those memories in his mind permanently, as you have done.