Bowen led the nation in tackles in '06

UB2SF

Maybe I was the only one who missed that when he was drafted? Impressive stats:

"Selected 147th overall out of Iowa State, Bowen was a three-year starter and an All-Big 12 Conference first-team selection in both his junior and senior seasons. He led the nation with 155 tackles in 2006 and finished with nine sacks in 46 career games."

The guy's obviously got a nose for the ballcarrier. I'm looking forward to seeing him on special teams this year. And who knows -- maybe in the starting LB corps in a couple years?

This is why several sites have mentioned Bowen fairly high on lists of defensive rookies who have a shot at making an impact early on. Special teams is where it's at for mid-round draft picks, and he has a great chance of earning a starring role on ours.

From what I've seen and heard, Bowen is a less retarded Anthony Hargrove when it comes to jumping around and pumping up the crowd and everything. The dude is a ball of energy.

Siiiiiick!! especially the less retarded part. :rolleyes:

I'm really excited to see how he develops. Should be a maniac on the special teams, and who know's how he'll grow as a linebacker.

You people are ridiculous, seriously.

Nobody has seen him play, he hasn't even began his first training camp in the NFL and you're already booking him as our replacement for one of our better defensive players the last few years. Unbelievable.

And started off as supposed to be nothing more then a special teams player

Doesn't anybody else remember that?

... he was a 3rd rounder. In general, you don't waste a 3rder on a ST, except for Coy Wire :blink: . I think the son of satan had it in his master plan for Crowell to eventually earn a starting job.

Nobody has seen him play, he hasn't even began his first training camp in the NFL and you're already booking him as our replacement for one of our better defensive players the last few years. Unbelievable.

ans....I love this team and generally am a glass is half full guy but

Best player on our team the last few years? You may be right on that

But your defense has been BAD

I sure you have to admit that Crowell is going to be a difficult sign when his contract is up.

People are comparing a QB that hasn't even played for a full season to Joe Montana. What do you expect.

ans....I love this team and generally am a glass is half full guy but

Best player on our team the last few years? You may be right on that

But your defense has been BAD

I sure you have to admit that Crowell is going to be a difficult sign when his contract is up.

Bowen is a replacement for Josh Stamer and Mario Haggan on ST, not a starting LB like Crowell. He is a ST player. If we wanted a replacement for Angelo I think we would have drafted one before the 5th round instead of a guy with the size and speed of a ST demon.