Bills: One of a Number of Teams Interested in Favre? (with links)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those that believe Brett's a bum obviously doesn't know anything about football. Some think that last year was an aberition for Favre. That he more likely will resemble the QB from the '05 & '06 seasons.

I disagree. BF finally played well last year because his supporting cast was better than which he played the last two seasons prior. Grant, Jennings and Jones are three examples of guys that performed well last year that may have either been too young to be effective in earlier seasons or wasn't on the GB roster, such as Grant. That's why Favre had a great season.

BF has kept himself in tip top shape and will definately be an immediate upgrade over TE. TE can afford to ride the pine anyways. He's only in his second year. He's not going any where.

Besides, this is a win now league. With BF I believe that's exactly what the Bills will do.

In shape for a 40 year old is a lot different than for a 25 year old.

Brett will crash and burn in 2008.

Assuming that Brett will dulpicate 2007 is pure fantasy - especially if he has to learn an entire new offense and the tendencies of his WRs and RBs.

If he plays anywhere it will be Minn because he knows the system and coach.

Agreed, well put.

Watch him go to the Jets and watch the Jets take our playoff slot.

I wouldn't surprised one bit if Farve were to land up with the NY Jets.

How about this for a trade scenario? The Packers trade Farve to the Jets and in return the Green Bay gets the Jets' 4th or 5th rder in the 2009 draft. The Eagles then spices it up for the Packers by adding CB Lito Shepard in the mix. CB Al Harris is 33 yrs old and Shepard would give the Pack immediate compensation. The Jets in turn compensate the Eagles by trading them WR Lavarious Coles. If the Jets were to replace Pennington with Farve then that would diminish Coles with the Jets to a certain degree, they're very satisfied with WR Jerricho Cotchery thus making Coles more dispensible. It would be a win-win-win situation for all parties involved.

Here's the Charmin, you wipe your mouth.

If you have an opinion about Brett Favre :rolleyes: that differs from mine, that is fine. I believe that the last thing the Bills need is to bring in a qb (who IS destined for the hall of fame and HAS had a great career) that MAY have 1 good year left in the tank. He's pushing forty, is interception prone, would have to adjust to a new system, teammates, division, and home stadium. I say no thanks, we move ahead with what we have.

When you choose to reply in a manner like you did, it only serves to reveal yourself as the incredible douche bag that you truly are.

Favre's pact with the devil expired at the end of last year.

He will go back to throwing more picks than TDs.

He is a circus sideshow, not the centerpiece of a football team trying to develop a bunch of young guys.

FAvre will ruin the chemistry since "it's all about Brett, all the time"

On the other hand, maybe he can provide some improvement to the personnel side of things, since he fancies himself a junior GM.

What chemistry? The OL is just a calendar year removed from intial introductions to each other; our QB has about 4 hours of game time experience, our perceived best linebacker has played an hour & change and one our starting safety's didn't get 20 minutes of game time last season; our best tight end from a year ago now plays in Detroit. We'll likely start a rookie at WR and CB. Two new guys will probably start at DT and another at OLB, while the TE is wide open.

The Bills are growing a very nice team, worthy of our fanatic support. But to say that adding a proven commodity at QB -even if for a short time- would disrupt it is nonsense. Favre will bring instant credibility to any team he joins. If it's the Bills, Edwards would wait in the wings and eventually inherit a powerhouse in the making.

If you have an opinion about Brett Favre :blush: that differs from mine, that is fine. I believe that the last thing the Bills need is to bring in a qb (who IS destined for the hall of fame and HAS had a great career) that MAY have 1 good year left in the tank. He's pushing forty, is interception prone, would have to adjust to a new system, teammates, division, and home stadium. I say no thanks, we move ahead with what we have.

When you choose to reply in a manner like you did, it only serves to reveal yourself as the incredible douche bag that you truly are.

Stop. Please. You're hurting my feelings. :rolleyes:

Now, you may have your opinion, obviously. Just don't make assinine comments about how all QBs on the Bills roster would be better than Favre.

That is flat out wrong, if not completely stupid.

I'll refrain from the name calling.

What chemistry? The OL is just a calendar year removed from intial introductions to each other; our QB has about 4 hours of game time experience, our perceived best linebacker has played an hour & change and one our starting safety's didn't get 20 minutes of game time last season; our best tight end from a year ago now plays in Detroit. We'll likely start a rookie at WR and CB. Two new guys will probably start at DT and another at OLB, while the TE is wide open.

The Bills are growing a very nice team, worthy of our fanatic support. But to say that adding a proven commodity at QB -even if for a short time- would disrupt it is nonsense. Favre will bring instant credibility to any team he joins. If it's the Bills, Edwards would wait in the wings and eventually inherit a powerhouse in the making.

Give it up Chandler. All the pieces are in place for a major run. Haven't you heard? Chemistry is a byproduct that comes with all these pieces.

Wouldn't want to disrupt this freight train that is the Buffalo Bills.

Stop. Please. You're hurting my feelings. :blink:

Now, you may have your opinion, obviously. Just don't make assinine comments about how all QBs on the Bills roster would be better than Favre.

The problem here is we have been searching for a QB since Kelly's last game. Flutie over Johson was the way to go. I thought it was going to click when we got Blue Dredsoe and then again when we drafted JP. But to think that Brett Favre is going to come to B-Lo first of all is a joke and the idea that we would want him for any other reason than as a supportive back up is very stupid. This isn't Madden 09', this is a franchise. If it is one thing I wished was that Kelly went out on top of his game. Do you remember the way he played his last season, pitiful. Let Brett go out on top of his game. I don't want to find out if he has got one more year left in him here in B-Lo. :thumbsup:Let the new kid TE play.

The problem here is we have been searching for a QB since Kelly's last game. Flutie over Johson was the way to go. I thought it was going to click when we got Blue Dredsoe and then again when we drafted JP. But to think that Brett Favre is going to come to B-Lo first of all is a joke and the idea that we would want him for any other reason than as a supportive back up is very stupid. This isn't Madden 09', this is a franchise. If it is one thing I wished was that Kelly went out on top of his game. Do you remember the way he played his last season, pitiful. Let Brett go out on top of his game. I don't want to find out if he has got one more year left in him here in B-Lo. :thumbsup:Let the new kid TE play.

Hey, it's true that he threw a lot of interceptions and he had a rough start to the season, but I think he boucned back nicely and had several nice games down the stretch and actually played a very gutsy performance in the playoffs before being knocked out of the game. The only mistake he made was that shovel pass that was picked off and that didn't bother me so much. He came back the very next drive and led the Bills on a Touchdown driver and I remember seeing right then and there that the fire in his eyes was still present and burning stronger then ever. You are right, he played a year longer then he should have, but it still hurts to see someone call his last year pitiful. I think it was admirable.

Hey, it's true that he threw a lot of interceptions and he had a rough start to the season, but I think he boucned back nicely and had several nice games down the stretch and actually played a very gutsy performance in the playoffs before being knocked out of the game. The only mistake he made was that shovel pass that was picked off and that didn't bother me so much. He came back the very next drive and led the Bills on a Touchdown driver and I remember seeing right then and there that the fire in his eyes was still present and burning stronger then ever. You are right, he played a year longer then he should have, but it still hurts to see someone call his last year pitiful. I think it was admirable.

I loved Jimbo as much as the next guy... but 2006 was a very mediocre year for the man... some great performances, but the Bills lost three straight in December and had to beat KC on the last Sunday to make the playoffs. Then against the Jags the Bills started strong, even with the ill-advised shovel pass, but the offense went to sleep in the second half; the only TD coming on the Burris INT. Jimbo had become immobile, and concussions were an increasing danger. the Bills do not need another old man at QB; they need to give a young QB an honest chance to succeed.

I loved Jimbo as much as the next guy... but 2006 was a very mediocre year for the man... some great performances, but the Bills lost three straight in December and had to beat KC on the last Sunday to make the playoffs. Then against the Jags the Bills started strong, even with the ill-advised shovel pass, but the offense went to sleep in the second half; the only TD coming on the Burris INT. Jimbo had become immobile, and concussions were an increasing danger. the Bills do not need another old man at QB; they need to give a young QB an honest chance to succeed.

Good post RJ. I remember listening to that game against KC on the radio while Christmas shopping with a buddy of mine and I still remember the excitment I felt when he tossed those short td passes to Early and Buffalo made the playoffs. The funny thing is, even though he had a very mediocre year, I still felt like everytime he stepped on the field the Bills had a chance to win. At least his last year was light years better then Bledsoe's. Anyway, sorry to get so nastalgic. I too agree that Edwards should be given a fair shot at being the next franchise QB for the Bills and I hope he has great success.

Good post RJ. I remember listening to that game against KC on the radio while Christmas shopping with a buddy of mine and I still remember the excitment I felt when he tossed those short td passes to Early and Buffalo made the playoffs. The funny thing is, even though he had a very mediocre year, I still felt like everytime he stepped on the field the Bills had a chance to win. At least his last year was light years better then Bledsoe's. Anyway, sorry to get so nastalgic. I too agree that Edwards should be given a fair shot at being the next franchise QB for the Bills and I hope he has great success.

Thanks john. No worries, I am a big fan of nostalgia too.... I remember that year well, there was a point when the Bills were 9-4 and it really looked as though they were on their way back to the pinnacle... sigh.

This year we have hope, and hope is not such a bad thing to have.

Go Bills!

100% agreement here :blink: couldn't have said it better myself :blink:

Stop. Please. You're hurting my feelings. :blink:

Kumbaya billssoverdue. After all, we're on the same side.

But what does it tell you when the people who know #4 the best say "thanks, but no thanks, we're going with Aaron Rodgers."?

But what does it tell you when the people who know #4 the best say "thanks, but no thanks, we're going with Aaron Rodgers."?

That they're stupid and will be out of a job at the end of the season, if not sooner?

That they're stupid and will be out of a job at the end of the season, if not sooner?

oh VOR, good thing you don't run the Bills, we would still have Kelly at the helm. Just yell upstairs to your mom to fix you some Cap'n Crunch! :ph34r: then play another game of madden.

Kumbaya billssoverdue. After all, we're on the same side.

It says that they were sick and tired of waiting til June to find out if he would be back or not, and believed him when he said he was done and retiring. They decided its best for there team to move on right now and cut ties before having to go through it again next offseason. If they didn't, Aaron Rdgers could be up for a new contract and played out his entire rookie deal sitting on the bench behind a guy who he was supposed to take the reins from years ago.

The guy can still flat out play, and he would be an upgrade to atleast half the teams in the league, but he is only a very short term upgrade right now because no one knows if he/when he will retire again.

I've lost some respect of him because of this flip-flop deal with retirement, but I would welcome him with open arms if the Bills made a move for him. Instead it looks like he will be a Buc or a Jet real soon. I pray its the Bucs, cause if not, I think the Jets may have just leaped over Buffalo for the #2 spot in the AFC East