Shockey traded to Saints

Peter

I admitted in my post those are my impressions, not anyone else's. I certainly could be wrong, but that's the vibe I get from Shockey. Does a "team-first" guy sit in a luxury box while his teammates compete for a SB ring?

Have you ever seen him play on the field? The guy puts his heart and soul into football. Was it his choice to sit in the luxry box and watch the SB?

Shockey is a top 5 TE in the NFL today and we passed him by. That's all I'm saying.

Peace bro :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Orleans is probably the kind of town he'll enjoy.

It is the kind of place where his shenanigans won't necessarily be a problem, but the lifestyle might also over time consume a kid with his addictive personality. It's a town where much is overlooked and forgiven, but it also has a much deeper dark side than any other U.S. city hosting an NFL team.

Out of the chute, at least for this season, I think Lori has it exactly right. When you give the best QB in the game a dangerous TE to hang on his weapon belt, you're only looking to your defense to play you into contention. They were at 13 against the run last year and added the big key to improve their pass defense; the best interior rusher in the 2008 draft. In addition they took a top CB with their 2nd pick. They deserve to be confident about their prospects in their division.

I agree with the injury prone thing...and I also think the guy is a big-time jerk...bit, I do think, when healthy, he is pretty damn talented. Maybe being away from New York, and Couglin will improve his dispostion some. I actually think he will be a pretty good fit in New Orleans...Drew Brees fantasy football stock just shot up...

Don't go nuts. I believe it will help a little but don't change your draft board. You might want to move Shockey up a little but that's about it.

IDK lori man i still think the Panthers will bounce back this year, i dont like the saints D.

A lot of people think Jonathan Stewart will be the best RB in the rookie class this year.

I hope one of these TE's work out because I would have given that for Shockey.....

I dont care about his personal life.....I care how he plays on Sunday as long as he doesnt start a police rap sheet

I am gonna take your back here John. Jauron could have given up a 2nd and drafted yet another 1st round defensive back in 09, assuming (which I do doubt) that he is still employed in Buffalo by next year.

Even before this trade, I had New Orleans as the second-best team in the NFC, behind Dallas. Yes, I think that the moves they've made on the defensive side have been excellent. New Orleans is my dark horse pick for the Super Bowl.

I still think they're one player away from pulling even with the Cowboys, but as Lori said, the Saints have to be the overwhelming favorites in the NFC South with this deal. I was thinking Shockey may hate this trade, as it takes him out of the New York spotlight, but it IS New Orleans, which is still America's biggest party town, even post-Katrina. The Saints needed a solid TE, and now they've got him.

Shockey may thrive in New Orleans, and I hope he helps gives cause for celebration on Bourbon Street in February that isn't Mardi-Gras related. The Saints are certainly a contender with Brees, Bush, Colston, and a healthy Deuce McAllister on offense and a much-improved defense with Vilma in a 4-3. Payton will know how to get the most out of him.

Shockey is one of the biggest cry babies in football, injury prone, and a locker room cancer.

Thanks, but no thanks. The Saints can have him.

That would suck having an all pro TE on this Buffalo Bills team this year. We will be all set with Derek Fine. It's to bad the Bills don't make the smart moves in the NFL to better this football team. Looking forward to another 8-8 season eh?

From KFFL

WR Plaxico Burress believes the team should have traded TE Jeremy Shockey, now with the New Orleans Saints, a lot sooner than today. "Why not? Why not have everybody go into a situation where they know what's what? He could have been in New Orleans learning the playbook and things like that. And for us, three days before training camp starts, you're trading an All-Pro tight end? Imagine how we feel," Burress said.

If the Saints really did give up a 2nd and a 5th rounder, I think they overpaid. Shockey is overrated and injury prone.

I think they based what they thought Shockeys value similar to Jason Taylors, although the Giants got the second pick in their trade a little bit higher rated

That would suck having an all pro TE on this Buffalo Bills team this year. We will be all set with Derek Fine.

Thanks for the pick-me-up!

A few quick points:

1 - Jeremy Shockey is going to an offense he already knew he was quite prolific in, as Payton was his OC in NY prior to moving on to Dallas and then NO. Payton already knows how to balance running an offense while also stroking the massive ego of his talented TE.

2 - The 2nd and 5th picks were already discussed, and as Kirwan mentioned on moving the chains regarding the Taylor and Shockey trades these moves had been pre-arranged; no one else wanted to enter the discussion because they were unsure how Shockey would react to being on their team and in their offense. In fact, the only other suitor had been the Dolphins, who discussed trading Taylor to the Gints prior to the Skins.

I know the Bills front office is functionally retarded with a defensive back fetish that stands the course of time, but sometimes other teams make risky trades that we had nothing to do with. Just like we did with Stroud. But he's a broke down roid abuser though compared to Saint Shockey...