Scounts Inc Rates Special Teams

Numark

You can consult the list at the top.

The Bears w/ Hester. Sorry, but it's true. They also have excellent other STs too.

Not sure about the Browns though.

If any team should definitely be ranked above the Bills' ST's, it the Browns. Cribbs is a 2-way threat (punt and kick returns), Dawson is a money kicker, and Zastudil is good. WRT Bears, they get extra credit because Hester is a threat to score on punts and kicks. But Gould is no better than Lindell and Maynard isn't as good as Moorman. You could probably rank them all 1a-c.

You can consult the list at the top.

The Bears w/ Hester. Sorry, but it's true. They also have excellent other STs too.

Not sure about the Browns though.

and what are our returners? Chopped liver?

Hester is insane....I would take our ST's over anybody in the league OVERALL any day of the week.....

Moorman and Lindell are money

Parrish is almost impossible to tackle in the open field

MgGee is one of the best if not THE best in the league

Now we also have McKelvin

Hester is insane....I would take our ST's over anybody in the league OVERALL any day of the week.....

chopped liver?

not for the punt returners

- but Bills kickoff return team is living off past glory since its 2007 actual performance was pretty poor.

Bills ranked 28th on kickoff returns with an average 20.7 yds/ return.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?arc...amp;Submit=Find

I guess there was a reason for cutting loose those special teams "stars"

If any team should definitely be ranked above the Bills' ST's, it the Browns. Cribbs is a 2-way threat (punt and kick returns), Dawson is a money kicker, and Zastudil is good. WRT Bears, they get extra credit because Hester is a threat to score on punts and kicks. But Gould is no better than Lindell and Maynard isn't as good as Moorman. You could probably rank them all 1a-c.

Once again, where are you getting your facts from?

Hester is three times the threat that McGee is.

Have you seen him play at all?

Also, Chicago had better coverage units than we did too on average although both were excellent.

Lechler (Oakland) is the only one whose punting has consistently been close to if not better than Moorman's.

We didn't rank high last year on either punt yards or net. Chicago ranked better.

Why does everyone PMS when someone insists that we are not #1 at something. You in particular.

Last year I would have taken Chicago's STs over ours. They had better punting, statistically, argue as you may. They had better return numbers, again, statistically. So unless you're looking at how the punter waves his leg after the release of the ball, something that wouldn't surprise me, the Bears were better in just about every facet of STs.

Were we good, yes, very much so. Just not worthy of #1 overall. Sorry to burst your little Bills rule over all world bubble.

Also, Chicago had better coverage units than we did too on average although both were excellent.

Lechler (Oakland) is the only one whose punting has consistently been close to if not better than Moorman's.

We didn't rank high last year on either punt yards or net. Chicago ranked better.

The Bills had better punt and kickoff return averages than the Bears. On punt coverage, the Bills were slightly better while on kickoffs, the Bears were slightly better. Neither team allowed a punt return for a TD but both allowed a kickoff return for a TD. WRT net punting average, Moorman was higher than Maynard, who also had 3 punts blocked. WRT FG percentage, Lindell was better than Gould, who had 2 FG tries blocked. Where the Bears beat the Bills is Hester's ability to score.

Bills punting avg was 28th, but net avg was 10th.

Andre Davis, ex-Bill, helped lead the league leading Texans in KO returns for TD.

Why does everyone PMS when someone insists that we are not #1 at something. You in particular.

Last year I would have taken Chicago's STs over ours. They had better punting, statistically, argue as you may. They had better return numbers, again, statistically. So unless you're looking at how the punter waves his leg after the release of the ball, something that wouldn't surprise me, the Bears were better in just about every facet of STs.

Were we good, yes, very much so. Just not worthy of #1 overall. Sorry to burst your little Bills rule over all world bubble.

Your comments are way off base and out of line......

"you in particular" that is a pretty strong comment for just commenting on the special teams......I have not said that about any other aspect of the team.....

But lets not let your love for absolutes get in the way of blasting a fellow TBD member.

the only time he truly pissed me off where I wanted to throw the remote through the TV was when we had a small chance for the playoffs. And i believe it was the steelers and they were resting all their players, and he missed a very short FG.

One field goal miss?? sheesh.The guy has been one of the best in the league.--And the below 80 IQers who put any blame on him for that Pittsburgh loss...u just have to laugh. Like our giving up 200 + yards on the ground to their second string had nothing to do with it.

One field goal miss?? sheesh.The guy has been one of the best in the league.--And the below 80 IQers who put any blame on him for that Pittsburgh loss...u just have to laugh. Like our giving up 200 + yards on the ground to their second string had nothing to do with it.

in retrospect, Willie Parker turned out to be much better than an afterthought

On thing that has not been brought in this thread I think is the fact that we had all those IR players last year.....prior to that this team was absolutely lethal on special teams.

Forcing players to play starters reps when they should have been playing ST's is a huge factor.

Exactly right...

No way around it...Loose a bunch of Starters and ST's is going to suffer...I think under those circumstances The Bills were very solid last year...

It could have been a mess... :bag:

On thing that has not been brought in this thread I think is the fact that we had all those IR players last year.....prior to that this team was absolutely lethal on special teams.

Forcing players to play starters reps when they should have been playing ST's is a huge factor.

Nah, the Bills lost no one of any importance last year. :bag: