Movie about Marlin "the Magician" Briscoe

merlin

linky

The final script of a film documenting the life of Marlin Briscoe, the first African-American quarterback in the NFL, is close to completion. The movie is set for a release sometime next year. The movie is still in the casting phase and shooting is set to start later this year.

The film is to be titled "The Magician".

GO BILLS!

linky

The final script of a film documenting the life of Marlin Briscoe, the first African-American quarterback in the NFL, is close to completion. The movie is set for a release sometime next year. The movie is still in the casting phase and shooting is set to start later this year.

The film is to be titled "The Magician".

GO BILLS!

Hmmmm...

I'll def go see it

Hmmmm...

I'll def go see it

I am willing to bet we won't confuse this film with Citizen Kane. I'll wait for it on DVD which i am confident will occur 2 weeks after its release in movie theaters. :thumbsup:

Did he ever play quarterback for the bills? I seem to remember that one year (68?) when everybody got hurt and we finished the season with Rutkowski at QB.

Look it up. Drafted by Denver in 1968. He played on The Bills from 1969 - 1971.

Of course you don't want to forget about James Harris whom The Bills drafted in 1969 and played through 1972 with them before moving on the The Rims and Churgers.

Have no fear. Buffalo won't get a mention in the movie - except perhaps that the people there are clinging to their guns and religion to cope with the lack of government intervention in their lives. Perhaps taxes can be raised there so the government can give those poor ignorant bastages something to hope for in their lives - like a check from the government.

Briscoe was listed as a backup QB on the Bills depth chart back then, but he was our starting WR. Another great player we let walk away.

While Buffalo's racial history is nothing to brag about, do know now that the University of Buffalo is the only Div.1 college athletic program with a black head football coach, head basketball coach, AD, and assistant AD.

PTR

Look it up. Drafted by Denver in 1968. He played on The Bills from 1969 - 1971.

Of course you don't want to forget about James Harris whom The Bills drafted in 1969 and played through 1972 with them before moving on the The Rims and Churgers.

Have no fear. Buffalo won't get a mention in the movie - except perhaps that the people there are clinging to their guns and religion to cope with the lack of government intervention in their lives. Perhaps taxes can be raised there so the government can give those poor ignorant bastages something to hope for in their lives - like a check from the government.

He was a great WR for us, making MAGICAL receptions routine. IIRC, he didn't get along with Saban -who was coaching Denver when he was there, and split from us to Miami because Saban was heading back here.

He was a great WR for us, making MAGICAL receptions routine. IIRC, he didn't get along with Saban -who was coaching Denver when he was there, and split from us to Miami because Saban was heading back here.

Marlin more or less accused Saban of blocking him from playing QB when he arrived in Denver. He claimed that Saban purposely did not invite him to QB meetings, and basically did not believe a black man could be QB. Saban also got rid of James Harris, if one is seeking a pattern here...