Bills sign Steve Johnson.

I just can't help but feeling like this guy can contribute on this team. He's a big, strong kid who seems to be a likable guy, who was a leader on a pretty good Kentucky team. As the article mentioned, he already has the body of a pro wideout and has a propensity for making big plays in clutch situations.

In hindsight, I don't really know how the kid fell as far as he did. He excelled in the most athletic and competitive college football conference in all the land, he has good size and sure hands. If we don't put him on as our 5th receiver, I think we live to regret it.

I just can't help but feeling like this guy can contribute on this team. He's a big, strong kid who seems to be a likable guy, who was a leader on a pretty good Kentucky team. As the article mentioned, he already has the body of a pro wideout and has a propensity for making big plays in clutch situations.

In hindsight, I don't really know how the kid fell as far as he did. He excelled in the most athletic and competitive college football conference in all the land, he has good size and sure hands. If we don't put him on as our 5th receiver, I think we live to regret it.

I can't understand why he slipped either. He had over 1000 yards and 13 tds. 124 yds and a td against the best team in the country and 134 yds and 2 tds in a bowl game, he's 6'3". The only possible reasons I can think of are that he only had one big year or that he had bad numbers at the combine(don't know if this is true, just guessing). Either way I think this kid's proven he can play at a high level and deserves a shot

His history shows some motivational problems that led to his circuitous route from SF high schools to Kentucky. No apparent athletic reasons he should have been at the top of the rookie WR class this season.

ITs just a gut feeling, but in a few years, i think Steve Johnson will be turn out to be better than Hardy.

C'mon, it's ok to admit that you really wanted Johnson with the No. 1 pick.

ITs just a gut feeling, but in a few years, i think Steve Johnson will be turn out to be better than Hardy.

Huh? Mine's feeling in a few short weeks he'll be either on the PS (best case) or flipping burgers. Cinderella's a nice story but....

C'mon, it's ok to admit that you really wanted Johnson with the No. 1 pick.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that Ramius craved Johnson?

Not only that, but with the first pick.

You guys know me all to well. The only way to build a winning team is to draft WRs early and often, and one should spend multiple first round picks on them. Ideally, the 2008 draft should have been Steve Johnson at #11, Hardy at #41 and Early Doucet or Mario Manningham in round 3.

Some people will compare the Bills drafting strategy to the Lions. But that foolish. The Lions are doing it right, seeing how they have drafted 4 WRs in the top 10m picks in 5 years. Compare that to the Bills, who have spent only a single, that is 1, first round pick on a WR since 1996. 1 first round WR in 12 years simply isnt going to cut it.

I think he's our new Sam Aiken.. he's good, but no one will know until his contract expires and he signs with the Pats and has a really good season.

You're a bit off in that analogy. Detroit's and Bills' problem wasn't drafting WRs but not drafting enough Johnsons. Detroit fixed it last year. We did it this year. It's as if Madonna was advising both war rooms. Like she says, "You can never have enough Johnsons or a rod in the locker room."

You're a bit off in that analogy. Detroit's and Bills' problem wasn't drafting WRs but not drafting enough Johnsons. Detroit fixed it last year. We did it this year. It's as if Madonna was advising both war rooms. Like she says, "You can never have enough Johnsons or a rod in the locker room."

Hmmmm. What went wrong with the falcons then? They had Doug Johnson and Roddy white. That should have guaranteed success.

Perhaps not...

CIN:

RB Rudi Johnson.

FB Jeremi Johnson.

WR Chad Johnson.

The recently-departed LB Landon Johnson (good player - they should have kept him).

2005 - 2006 back-up QB Doug Johnson.

CIN...one winning season, one play-off game in the last 17 years. :lol:

Perhaps not...

CIN:

RB Rudi Johnson.

FB Jeremi Johnson.

WR Chad Johnson.

The recently-departed LB Landon Johnson (good player - they should have kept him).

2005 - 2006 back-up QB Doug Johnson.

CIN...one winning season, one play-off game in the last 17 years. :lol:

Yeah but their Johnsons weren't studs.