Wow, Where to start with this gem?

I believe Obama's classification of "rich" is households that make $250K+ If you make over that, congrats.

Sorry to be a 'pest' by engaging you in a discussion by asking you to support your own statements. <_<

Once again I was asking for your definition, but apparently having an original thought is asking a lot from you. If I make >$250k do I still qualify as a "working family"?

The manufacturing environment like others obviously have both white collar and blue collar workers.

But you only "support" the blue collar workers. Gee, I'll give you one guess as to why you'll likely never be in a position to actually run a business.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be a 'pest' by engaging you in a discussion by asking you to support your own statements. <_<

Once again I was asking for your definition, but apparently having an original thought is asking a lot from you. If I make >$250k do I still qualify as a "working family"?

But you only "support" the blue collar workers. Gee, I'll give you one guess as to why you'll likely never be in a position to actually run a business.

Apparently being condescending and attempting to talk down to people is nothing new to you. To answer your question... Working family yes, blue-collar most likely no. Most blue-collar workers are paid by hourly rates. I personally do not know any that as a family make say $200K a year or even $150K a year unless they bust their butts and work a ton of overtime (which is dwindling away) at most companies.

never be in a position to run a business... ok. Keep thinking that.

Apparently being condescending and attempting to talk down to people is nothing new to you. To answer your question... Working family yes, blue-collar most likely no. Most blue-collar workers are paid by hourly rates. I personally do not know any that as a family make say $200K a year or even $150K a year unless they bust their butts and work a ton of overtime (which is dwindling away) at most companies.

Newsflash: Anyone who makes $200k per year busts their ass and works a ton of overtime, regardless of the color of their collar or whether they are being paid extra to do so.

Newsflash: Anyone who makes $200k per year busts their ass and works a ton of overtime, regardless of the color of their collar or whether they are being paid extra to do so.

Newsflash: Not everyone receives overtime. White-collar workers for the most part do not. If people are busting their asses for more money, good for them that is outstanding. More and more people are losing the opportunity that is overtime.

Newsflash: Not everyone receives overtime. White-collar workers for the most part do not. If people are busting their asses for more money, good for them that is outstanding. More and more people are losing the opportunity that is overtime.

Are you saying that white collar workers don't work hard because they don't receive overtime pay?

Tell us what you do then, or are you going to avoid the subject ?

I'm not shy. I am a Designer/Flash developer. I work with unions, labor councils, publishing houses, many associations, print shops, campaign strategy and fundraising companies. How about you Wacka?

According to Obama, once you're officially 'rich' you're no longer qualified as a 'working family' and can expect no miracles from him. In fact, you're going to be the source of the 'miracles'. <_<

If you're officially rich, you've worked too hard! Pay up!

That's my point you friggin' 'tard. People who make those salaries are expected to work far more than 40 hours a week for them.

Wow, name calling.

Just brilliant. Really, all of those people making that much money spend countless hours in the office. Maybe where you work, not where I worked when I worked with a corporation. Hell, I only knew a few that would actually do that.

No arguing...

You know... thank you for enlightening me. I truly appreciate your opinion. I hope that a third party candidate or candidate of your choice (I will follow your lead) will some day get elected because they will not be involved with "excessive" spending. I will use my vote wisely and vote for the one that has no chance of winning and that will fade into nothing (until the next election) instead of the candidate that may deal with the issues that I care about during their term as President.

Again, thank you for your time and effort. I look forward to more posts of wisdom.

Did you ever stop to think that a vote for a third party cadidate is not done to help us in the next four years? Maybe not even the next eight. Some of us are foward thinkers and realize that some of the changes that we want may take years but we're willing to start the process now. In our minds status quo is not a choice and we're willing to take the path, no matter how long it is, to get things changed.

never be in a position to run a business... ok. Keep thinking that.

Kind of like lawyers. <_<

Wow, name calling.

Just brilliant. Really, all of those people making that much money spend countless hours in the office. Maybe where you work, not where I worked when I worked with a corporation. Hell, I only knew a few that would actually do that.

Yeah, because entry level cubical dwellers always have such a deep understanding of what's happening with senior management. <_<

You know, they have this new thing called the intertubes that actually allow you to connect to a work computer from home or anywhere else!

I see we're back to the Steely Dan 'I hate what I don't understand'. Here, let me help you.... corporations BAD!

You know, they have this new thing called the intertubes that actually allow you to connect to a work computer from home or anywhere else!

I've gotten more work done sometimes on a plane or a vacation home in the islands than here at the office.

I'm not shy. I am a Designer/Flash developer. I work with unions, labor councils, publishing houses, many associations, print shops, campaign strategy and fundraising companies. How about you Wacka?

So you're a programmer for scumbags and the mob? :rolleyes:

I was in biotech, but now do environmental site assessments. When a bank loans $ for commercial property or apartment complexes, they cover their asses and make sure it isn't a chemical cesspool. I go to the site and observe if there are any environmental problems (hazmat, petroleum, asbestos, etc) with the property and the surrounding area.

At least I think you aren't Molson- he wouldn't tell anyone, but you are might close to him.

Flash developer? You do realize this means you work in IT, and thus have a mental disease. :rolleyes:

Some of us are foward thinkers and realize that some of the changes that we want may take years but we're willing to start the process now

Most Americans idea of forward thinking is buying a TV Guide® to see what's on this week

Here's another bunch of jobs Obama's anti-free trade stance would scuttle.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080710/ts_al...X0qDvI.kDgDW7oF

But maybe the anti-free trade stuff would protect your programming job.

So you're a programmer for scumbags and the mob? :rolleyes:

I was in biotech, but now do environmental site assessments. When a bank loans $ for commercial property or apartment complexes, they cover their asses and make sure it isn't a chemical cesspool. I go to the site and observe if there are any environmental problems (hazmat, petroleum, asbestos, etc) with the property and the surrounding area.

At least I think you aren't Molson- he wouldn't tell anyone, but you are might close to him.

No not a programmer. Difference. For scumbags and the mob? WOW you know absolutely crap and proved it. Great job!!!