An Omen???

DDD

I recently became a member of Netflix and received my first bill on my credit card statement. Who gives a crap you say? Well, the Netflix charge originated from Los Gatos, CA. Had it not been for our starting QB Trent Edwards who also hails from Los Gatos, I would never have known the friggin' town even existed. Could this be an omen? Time will tell my friends, time will tell. :thumbsup:

I recently became a member of Netflix and received my first bill on my credit card statement. Who gives a crap you say? Well, the Netflix charge originated from Los Gatos, CA. Had it not been for our starting QB Trent Edwards who also hails from Los Gatos, I would never have known the friggin' town even existed. Could this be an omen? Time will tell my friends, time will tell. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

An Xavier Omen? :thumbsup:

Did the movie you rented suck horribly but was actually pretty acceptable considering it was your 3rd choice?

Did the movie you rented suck horribly but was actually pretty acceptable considering it was your 3rd choice?

Third choice crayon?? You mean.....third round.

Anyway, you are always glovey when it comes to no. 5.

How many movies did you start watching and how many turned out to be successful good movies? Was there one movie where you were watching it and it wasn't good or bad, more of a tie than anything only to leave and for your friend to come watch the end where it then became a victorious movie?

How many movies did you start watching and how many turned out to be successful good movies? Was there one movie where you were watching it and it wasn't good or bad, more of a tie than anything only to leave and for your friend to come watch the end where it then became a victorious movie?

Sometimes that happens in movies but not when the actors are unwilling to take risks and are pampered like children. You can't go around treating these prima donnas with kid gloves and expect them to produce. When you need a Paul Newman in the lead role, you are not going to create a good movie by hiring the guy that played Lamar in "Revenge of the Nerds".

Sometimes that happens in movies but not when the actors are unwilling to take risks and are pampered like children. You can't go around treating these prima donnas with kid gloves and expect them to produce. When you need a Paul Newman in the lead role, you are not going to create a good movie by hiring the guy that played Lamar in "Revenge of the Nerds".

As a writer, producer, director, recording artist and actor, Larry B. Scott has given to the film community all his life, you should be ashamed of yourself for slandering such a talented human being.

Larry B. Scott

As a writer, producer, director, recording artist and actor, Larry B. Scott has given to the film community all his life, you should be ashamed of yourself for slandering such a talented human being.

Larry B. Scott

I've got nothing against him. I'm just saying that they had to modify the equipment at the Adams Olympics to accomodate his limp wristed throwing style. He was perfect for the Nerd role. I just don't see him taking over the lead in the Rambo series. I also doubt the NFL will allow the Bills to modify the football to match the trowing style.

I've got nothing against him. I'm just saying that they had to modify the equipment at the Adams Olympics to accomodate his limp wristed throwing style. He was perfect for the Nerd role. I just don't see him taking over the lead in the Rambo series. I also doubt the NFL will allow the Bills to modify the football to match the trowing style.

What in the world does this have to do with Netflix?

If you look at his resume he was busy filming other projects and unavailable for Rambo, otherwise he most likely would have nailed that project.

Los Gatos' other claim to fame is the Toll House Hotel, where the cookies were invented. I actually stayed there once. Decent hotel, great cookies.

What in the world does this have to do with Netflix?

Ok I'll explain it to you slowly.

Mr. Wonderful started out this thread saying that Netflix and Trent are from the same town.

He wondered if this was an omen.

With Netflix you fill out a list and might get your third pick. It will probably turn out to be a horribly crappy movie but not bad for a 3rd pick which is another similarity to Trent. That is what Mr. Wonderful was pointing out but people didn't get it so I explained.

Then Swift Sylvan said that some movies start out really really crappy like Trent but end up really really good.

I pointed out that a movie that needs a strong lead but has Lamar from "Revenge of the Nerds" at the helm has very low odds of turning out to be a classic. You need a Paul Newman type. Lamar/Trent's limp wristed throwing style just won't cut it unless it is a comedy, but there is nothing wrong with comedy.

Someone thought I was bashing Lamar, which I was not.

I'm sure Swift will reply when he gets back from his yard where he is wishing really hard that a pile left by his dog turns into gold.

To summarize Netflix = Trent = you don't get what you want but even though what you got was horrible it wasn't bad for a third choice and it was pretty cheap. I'm not sure but Brent Favre might have been Mr. Wonderful's first choice and he has been returned to the distribution center so maybe that is what he meant.

Get it now?

I don't know why I chose to defend Mr. Wonderful's original point, I just did. Plus, it is more of an analogy than an omen but who's splitting hairs?

To summarize Netflix = Trent = you don't get what you want but even though what you got was horrible it wasn't bad for a third choice and it was pretty cheap. I'm not sure but Brent Favre might have been Mr. Wonderful's first choice and he has been returned to the distribution center so maybe that is what he meant.

OK, I think I get it now.

Netflix has scored more points against Blockbuster than everyone except those teams that Blockbuster has played.

OK, I think I get it now.

Netflix has scored more points against Blockbuster than everyone except those teams that Blockbuster has played.

In the immortal words you once heard from code name London Marriott:

"Now you've got it".

It's a different context, I know, but the same sentence applies.

Los Gatos' other claim to fame is the Toll House Hotel, where the cookies were invented. I actually stayed there once. Decent hotel, great cookies.

Sorry - I've got to call B.S. on that.

The Toll House cookie was invented in Whitman, Massachusetts in the 1937. It was named for the Toll House Inn run by by Mrs. Wakefield who ran it out of an old toll house built in 1709.

History from Nestle