Trade Fletcher?

Only today and tomorrow left before the cut-off.

Give Haggan a shot.

74504[/snapback]

I hope one of two things are going on right now:

1) You're being facetious, or

2) Your wife's out of town on business and you've been into the swill again :w00t:

While I am NOT advocating trading London Fletcher, I don't think we reach the Super Bowl with him. His coverage on the Miami TD was atrocious. It worries me that one week he has to make 15 tackles, then the next week he makes 4. I'm concerned about his size. All that said, I admire his range and his courage. I hope Mario is super when Fletcher gets rolled upon by a DT.

While I am NOT advocating trading London Fletcher, I don't think we reach the Super Bowl with him. His coverage on the Miami TD was atrocious. It worries me that one week he has to make 15 tackles, then the next week he makes 4. I'm concerned about his size. All that said, I admire his range and his courage. I hope Mario is super when Fletcher gets rolled upon by a DT.

74576[/snapback]

Dear Lord help people who judge based on this type of information.

I hope one of two things are going on right now:

1) You're being facetious, or

2) Your wife's out of town on business and you've been into the swill again  :blink:

74515[/snapback]

1) Not being facitious - I know enough not to use sarcasm! :blink:

2) Yes to swill, No, wife NOT out of town. :w00t:

Sure, I have looked at the stats to date and see London at the top ot the tackle heap. And I have read the criticisms of certain on-field hot-dog actions that have hurt the team (ball-kicking etc.).

I don't see the club getting into the playoffs this season (NYJ's and NE's AFC and division records vs. the Bills' record of 0-4 and 0-2 makes for a tough climb).

I just see a lot in Haggan, and would like to see if he can do the job.

And to me, Fletcher could command an easy high 3rd with some lower round throw-in - or maybe a low or mid 2nd (of course, it depends on who is looking for LB help).

Lots of folks post about trades - why not?, it's fun to do - and I feel that Fletcher is the most marketable.

Are you saying that we should trade Fletcher, for a high third round pick or mid round second rounder at best? I assume you forgot to say "along with two starting offensive linemen"

Why would the Bills trade their heart and soul on D for a middle round second round pick?

74600[/snapback]

Well, I think that Haggan can be a better player. Like I stated, the odds of the Bills making the p-o's are slim. For some time, many posters have commented that Fletcher gets a lot of tackles - 5 yards past the LOS.

Look, I don't dislike Fletcher, but the topic I raised was based on a belief that he could be the player, that IF a trade was to occur, would result in the best return value...

An example: Let's assume the Bengals (I live in cincy, so that's the team I know best) were NOT 1 and 4, and needed a MLB (Which they do. They obtained a vet, Nate Webster, so they could move Kevin Hardy back to OLB, but Webster is out for the season so they start a rookie, 3rd rounder Caleb Miller), and they offered a 2nd or a 3rd and possibly some lower round pick for Fletcher.

Why not take the draft choice(s)? And what about Angelo Crowell, as well as Haggan? Time to see if they are good picks or busts.

Advocating the movement of individual players doesn't take into account schemes and the play of their teammates. Saying Fletcher makes alot of tackles 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage and pretending that is solely his fault is silly.

London Fletcher is a football player. Period. His size isn't an issue, just as it wasn't for another great player that he reminds me of: Sam Mills.

The role call of better ILBers that are in his salary range who play at his level could be called by Ben Stein in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".

Advocating the movement of individual players doesn't take into account schemes and the play of their teammates.  Saying Fletcher makes alot of tackles 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage and pretending that is solely his fault is silly.

London Fletcher is a football player.  Period.  His size isn't an issue, just as it wasn't for another great player that he reminds me of: Sam Mills.

The role call of better ILBers that are in his salary range who play at his level could be called by Ben Stein in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".

74694[/snapback]

Note that I said others raised the issue of many tackles being "5 yards beyond". Not my words, my friend.

I have not defended or praised Fletcher -I merely repeat the opinions of other posters... and my topic was "trade?".

And as stated, he seems to me to be the most marketable player WRT to a trade. Why is that so hard to understand?

Note that I said others raised the issue of many tackles being "5 yards beyond". Not my words, my friend.

I have not defended or praised Fletcher -I merely repeat the opinions of other posters... and my topic was "trade?".

And as stated, he seems to me to be the most marketable player WRT to a trade. Why is that so hard to understand?

74730[/snapback]

If others said they wanted to trade him because he has a hot dog neck, would that help the case? It's pretty much the same thought process.

It's hard to understand because it's the typical myopia that plagues the "fans" of today's sports. Trading away a very good player who has minor limitations for a draft pick or two is nothing more than panacea coupled with stupidity.

I...give...up. A gazillion posters scream for this or that head, and ancient stuckincincy posts a mere posit and gets excoriated. :lol:

That settles it. I'm giving my millions to promote Curling. :lol:

75055[/snapback]

Surely you're talking about beer and not that ridiculous Canadian endeavor that involves crossing bowling with brooms...