Really??

And while you noticed the tagline at the bottom, you didn't stop to look at the section title above the piece? You know, the one that says "Life," not "Sports"?

After I clicked on the piece from the front page of TBD this morning, I decided it didn't belong there ... PRECISELY because I knew a thread like this would pop up.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And while you noticed the tagline at the bottom, you didn't stop to look at the section title above the piece? You know, the one that says "Life," not "Sports"?

After I clicked on the piece from the front page of TBD this morning, I decided it didn't belong there ... PRECISELY because I knew a thread like this would pop up.

If this was directed to me, then yes I suppose I did notice LIFE, but again I'm not that familiar with the paper, and I suppose a heading like that doesn't register as succinctly online as it would in hard copy.

This kid should be applauded for expressing himself regardless of whether or not you agree with it. I don't agree with everything the kid said but it takes alot of guts to put your opinions out there for everyone to read and he should be commended for that.

I totally disagree. Just because someone has an opinion doesnt mean thay should earn a metal evry time they "express" themselves. Read, Learn, be advised & make a more fact based statement if its entirely necessary. Far too many people "express" themselves just to be heard but we can hear all kinds of slants if want to look for them. A forum like this - ok - But the Newspaper ? Enuff already !!!

Guest dog14787

Is it that hard to believe Marshawn's character is being questioned?

I don't see where the young fella's story is that much out of line. :lol:

I totally disagree. Just because someone has an opinion doesnt mean thay should earn a metal evry time they "express" themselves. Read, Learn, be advised & make a more fact based statement if its entirely necessary. Far too many people "express" themselves just to be heard but we can hear all kinds of slants if want to look for them. A forum like this - ok - But the Newspaper ? Enuff already !!!

They rejected your article, eh?

Holy crap, you guys are a bunch of mental midgets.

Ever read the Opinion section of any newspaper?

Bush sucks

Bush is great

Obama's a Muslim

Obama's a Christian

Hillary's a lesbo...

This kid is no different.

Read it, chuckle, and MOVE ON.

I was just wondering who gave this 15 year-old the keys and a lisence to speak for all the Buffalo fans:

Link

And then there's the last sentence:

"Otherwise, if he scores a touchdown in the postseason, it’ll feel pretty awkward." Really? REALLY!? Pretty...AWKWARD!? Yeah, me too. Lynch scoring a touchdown IN THE POSTSEASON, will be just like someone farting in church.

Oh yeah, no validity at all for a kid to voice his disappointment about a role model. Nope he is the real idiot not the guy who actually hit someone and hid in his house for 3 weeks.

Seems to me he has much right to have his article published in a public forum as much as folks who post here - Good Lord, you wonder why kids are disillusioned with adults and some of our hypocrisy.

C

Oh yeah, no validity at all for a kid to voice his disappointment about a role model. Nope he is the real idiot not the guy who actually hit someone and hid in his house for 3 weeks.

Seems to me he has much right to have his article published in a public forum as much as folks who post here - Good Lord, you wonder why kids are disillusioned with adults and some of our hypocrisy.*

C

Well, unlike TSW, people pay money to receive hard copies of the Buffalo News. So, yeah, I think the quality of their content should be filtered.

I'm sorry, but the "I would feel awkward" comment is the icing on the cake. That's not good writing. And it's certainly not insightful-let alone plausible.

So, please explain to me why (other than the fact that he HAD AN OPINION-which means he has a pulse) this kid should be given public editorial reign to assert the moral fiber of Buffalo Fans.

*I'm 23. If you consider me an adult in the sense that you're implying, then you friend would be the first person to do so.

I give this kid a zinc.

Well, unlike TSW, people pay money to receive hard copies of the Buffalo News. So, yeah, I think the quality of their content should be filtered.

I'm sorry, but the "I would feel awkward" comment is the icing on the cake. That's not good writing. And it's certainly not insightful-let alone plausible.

So, please explain to me why (other than the fact that he HAD AN OPINION-which means he has a pulse) this kid should be given public editorial reign to assert the moral fiber of Buffalo Fans.

*I'm 23. If you consider me an adult in the sense that you're implying, then you friend would be the first person to do so.

Huh?

nobody cares about any of this crap as soon as lynch gets into the endzone against the seahawks...

I agree. Sure Lynch messed up by not coming forward sooner. How many people make mistakes?

I do wonder what the "dancing lady" was doing to make him loose his focus.

Is it that hard to believe Marshawn's character is being questioned?

I don't see where the young fella's story is that much out of line. :lol:

Thanks for posting, Mr. Wagner. You've got a fine boy there.

Guest dog14787
Thanks for posting, Mr. Wagner. You've got a fine boy there.

He told me this mornong at breakfast he's changing his favorite team to the Dallas Cowboys because of character issues with the Buffalo Bills. :lol:

So I put him up for adoption. <_<