I didn't see the game

Indy Dave

I've seen two highlights...TKO's TD and Campbell's TD.

I looked at the stats and read the play-by-play. The only thing else I have to go on is a short conversation with a co-worker, who doesn't follow the Bills.

I need details.

How did Willis look? 31 carries? That's awesome that he was able to carry the load like that in his first start. Disappointed he didn't get in the end zone when we were near the goal line, but nevertheless...a great effort. Did he make his cuts well?

I saw Joe Burns in the play-by-play. Just a rest for Willis? I hope so. Also, on the play-by-play that I looked at, it was cut off with two minutes left in the game. Were we able to run the clock out? If so, that's pretty impressive. Miami might suck, but they still have a good defense.

Any offensive or defensive lineman play well?

Sorry for the general questions, but I was on the road all day and ESPN Radio was treating this game as if it didn't exist. I wonder why that is?

I've seen two highlights...TKO's TD and Campbell's TD.

I looked at the stats and read the play-by-play. The only thing else I have to go on is a short conversation with a co-worker, who doesn't follow the Bills.

I need details.

How did Willis look? 31 carries? That's awesome that he was able to carry the load like that in his first start. Disappointed he didn't get in the end zone when we were near the goal line, but nevertheless...a great effort. Did he make his cuts well?

I saw Joe Burns in the play-by-play. Just a rest for Willis? I hope so. Also, on the play-by-play that I looked at, it was cut off with two minutes left in the game. Were we able to run the clock out? If so, that's pretty impressive. Miami might suck, but they still have a good defense.

Any offensive or defensive lineman play well?

Sorry for the general questions, but I was on the road all day and ESPN Radio was treating this game as if it didn't exist. I wonder why that is?

74305[/snapback]

WM displayed a lot of patience on his runs from his first touch. It looked he got his confidence up, and really started to take over during the 2nd half. I've been a TH defender, but I'll be the first to admit that this kid just might end up being special.

He took a late-hit out of bounds after a nice gainer, and was pushed in the TV lift on the sidelines. He too the next play off because he twisted his ankle a bit, and Burns came in. WM was back the next play. In an interesting sidenote, the guy (some no-name CB) who was flagged for hitting WM late was on the receiving end of a viscious stiff arm by McGahee on a 31 yd run. WM knocked him out of the game, it was a thing of beauty.

Moulds played very well, Campbell, Evans, and Reed made some plays when called upon.

The OL played very well, and WM was effective chipping on Taylor. The D was very strong, especially after Adams sat and Edwards went it. He played a monster game and singlehandedly stopped Sammy Morris from running roughshod on us, as he did in the 1st half.

All in all, they finished. The game (except WM) wasn't entirely different than the first four, but the 4th qtr domination and ToP put Miami away. A great overall effort.

Willis didn't look that great to me. He had one good run of 30 yards which inflated his performance. Most of his yards came after getting hit. He was able to push people with his 231 pound frame. The dazzling moves and speed wasn't there in my opinion. He missed alot of holes in the line from what i saw yesterday.

The 30 yard run that Willis had Henry could have done. The hole was huge.

With the way the line played yesterday Henry would have put up the same amount of yards if not more.

WM displayed a lot of patience on his runs from his first touch.  It looked he got his confidence up, and really started to take over during the 2nd half.  I've been a TH defender, but I'll be the first to admit that this kid just might end up being special. 

He took a late-hit out of bounds after a nice gainer, and was pushed in the TV lift on the sidelines.  He too the next play off because he twisted his ankle a bit, and Burns came in.  WM was back the next play.  In an interesting sidenote, the guy (some no-name CB) who was flagged for hitting WM late was on the receiving end of a viscious stiff arm by McGahee on a 31 yd run.  WM knocked him out of the game, it was a thing of beauty.

Moulds played very well, Campbell, Evans, and Reed made some plays when called upon.

The OL played very well, and WM was effective chipping on Taylor.  The D was very strong, especially after Adams sat and Edwards went it.  He played a monster game and singlehandedly stopped Sammy Morris from running roughshod on us, as he did in the 1st half.

All in all, they finished.  The game (except WM) wasn't entirely different than the first four, but the 4th qtr domination and ToP put Miami away.  A great overall effort.

74322[/snapback]

Nice assessment, except for "The D was very strong...". A pedestrian Sammy Morris looked like an All-Pro running free and, at times,Fiedler looked more like Brady than Fiedler. Getting off the field on third and long continues to be a trouble spot for this 'D'. You're right about the 'D' getting stronger when Edwards came in for Adams. All in all, more positives than negatives. Oh yeah...still too many penalties...the difference this time is that they were able to overcome them and get the win.

Willis didn't look that great to me.  He had one good run of 30 yards which inflated his performance.  Most of his yards came after getting hit.  He was able to push people with his 231 pound frame.  The dazzling moves and speed wasn't there in my opinion.  He missed alot of holes in the line from what i saw yesterday. 

The 30 yard run that Willis had Henry could have done.  The hole was huge.

With the way the line played yesterday Henry would have put up the same amount of yards if not more.

74334[/snapback]

I don't completely agree with this. The one thing I found yesterday with Willis vs. Travis is that he consistently got three or four yards on his first down runs. This is what made the difference for us. He found little slits to slide through and pick up the extra yards, and it seemed like a good part of the day we were sitting on a 2nd and 5 situation, which is always preferable.

He also seemed to have few negative runs than Travis does, particularly running sweeps. Now, granted, Travis is not a sweep running, but Willis seemed to always make something of out nothing.

The 30 yard run that Willis had Henry could have done.  The hole was huge.

74334[/snapback]

But you forgot to add that Travis would have tripped before he got to the hole. Travis would not have made that run. Just my opinion.

OK, OK....I didn't start this thread to continue the Willis/Travis debate. As far as I'm concerned, they should both let their games do the talking, and whoever is in the game should play hard and produce. I think we have a good situation with our running back depth and competition, yet some people around here want to act like we have a Rob Johnson-Doug Flutie thing going on all over again.

I'd like to hear more about the play of others. Ron Edwards played well? That's good. Someone wrote something about Josh Reed? I don't even remember seeing him in the play-by-play. Did he do anything?

Did we control Jason Taylor?

OK, OK....I didn't start this thread to continue the Willis/Travis debate. As far as I'm concerned, they should both let their games do the talking, and whoever is in the game should play hard and produce. I think we have a good situation with our running back depth and competition, yet some people around here want to act like we have a Rob Johnson-Doug Flutie thing going on all over again.

I'd like to hear more about the play of others. Ron Edwards played well? That's good. Someone wrote something about Josh Reed? I don't even remember seeing him in the play-by-play. Did he do anything?

Did we control Jason Taylor?

74389[/snapback]

Marcus Price controlled Taylor. Yes, you read that right. Edwards was superb, and Schobel made a truly athletic sack. Drew had a good game, especially taking the wind into account.