Lynch Speaks

Lynch Speaks

After watching this and reading his body language I have these thoughts-

1) Marshawn seems to take long pauses-

Liars have longer pauses, shorter answers and longer times between a question and a response than someone who is merely nervous. It makes sense that liars need time to create the lie; recalling the truth takes less time. If you ask a clerk if they gave you the correct change and there is a long pause before their response, it may be an indication of deceit. However, this is not a cue you should take in isolation. You might also check to see where their eyes go after you ask the question. People tend to look up to the right to visualize or create a new response or down to the right to create the sounds of a new response. We recall information that occurred in the past by looking up to the left or down to the left. Spot a liar by listening for pauses and right eye movement. Be credible by answering spontaneously.

2) His hands are always in his pockets-

When people are trying to hide their true feeling or the truth, they may stick their hands in their pockets, clench them together, or hold them behind their backs. To spot a liar, look to see if the hands are open and "above board." Because people do hide their hands when they are nervous, if you see hidden hands ask yourself why that person is nervous.

3) Swaying his head from side to side, not making eye contact-

A liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn his head or body away.

A person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact.

By the way how fast did his lawyer swoop in once a question was asked, looks like he has no faith in Marshawn to keep on script. By the way how about this witness who claims that Lynch braked after hitting her?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or he could just be nervous because he isn't comfortable speaking in public? Especially in a situation like this? Just a thought.

In his post game statements he never seems as robotic as this. I get the feeling when he was speaking he wasn't trying to recall what happened but instead to recall what he had been coached to say or not say.

In his post game statements he never seems as robotic as this. I get the feeling when he was speaking he wasn't trying to recall what happened but instead to recall what he had been coached to say or not say.

No chit he had been coached. What part of civil law suit do you not get?? If it was me, my lawyer doing ALL my talking, I am not making one single statement taht can be used later to relieve me of my cash.

First of all, elegant eliot, those aren't "your" thoughts.

Secondly, blanket analysis such as this does not validate itself. Gestures alone don't give you much - they're a part of a constellation of observations you would use to determine culpability, and even then, it's not an exact science.

What I saw was a guy that was uncomfortable not because of some underlying guilt, as you are eager to assume, but because it's an uncomfortable situation. Having reporters and microphones in your face will likely make someone unaccustomed to that context very nervous, regardless of the circumstances. When you're nervous or anxious, you're prone to stammering, fidgeting, and other subtle gestures that can appear questionable to someone who is eager to interpret the gestures as questionable.

The DA investigated. It won't be enough for some people, but time will heal that wound.

And by the way, there were other witnesses who claimed that he never slowed down after the contact was made.

So, I come to a different conclusion, and I'll assume that the DA did its job and came to the appropriate determination and commensurate punishment. I think you should, too.

No chit he had been coached. What part of civil law suit do you not get?? If it was me, my lawyer doing ALL my talking, I am not making one single statement taht can be used later to relieve me of my cash.

Exactly. And you can't rule out the possibility of a money grab here...it most certainly happens out there.

Lynch Speaks

After watching this and reading his body language I have these thoughts-

1) Marshawn seems to take long pauses-

Liars have longer pauses, shorter answers and longer times between a question and a response than someone who is merely nervous. It makes sense that liars need time to create the lie; recalling the truth takes less time. If you ask a clerk if they gave you the correct change and there is a long pause before their response, it may be an indication of deceit. However, this is not a cue you should take in isolation. You might also check to see where their eyes go after you ask the question. People tend to look up to the right to visualize or create a new response or down to the right to create the sounds of a new response. We recall information that occurred in the past by looking up to the left or down to the left. Spot a liar by listening for pauses and right eye movement. Be credible by answering spontaneously.

2) His hands are always in his pockets-

When people are trying to hide their true feeling or the truth, they may stick their hands in their pockets, clench them together, or hold them behind their backs. To spot a liar, look to see if the hands are open and "above board." Because people do hide their hands when they are nervous, if you see hidden hands ask yourself why that person is nervous.

3) Swaying his head from side to side, not making eye contact-

A liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn his head or body away.

A person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact.

By the way how fast did his lawyer swoop in once a question was asked, looks like he has no faith in Marshawn to keep on script. By the way how about this witness who claims that Lynch braked after hitting her?

It's your type that keep Nancy Grace on the air.

What I saw was a guy that was uncomfortable not because of some underlying guilt, as you are eager to assume, but because it's an uncomfortable situation. Having reporters and microphones in your face will likely make someone unaccustomed to that scene very nervous, regardless of the circumstances.

Lynch has been in front of reporters and microphones his entire adult life. Why would he be nervous, He knows that he is out of legal jeopardy. Why is is such a stretch to think that he may be less than truthful in saying that he didn't realize he hit her? Bill Clinton lied, George Bush lied, why can't Marshawn Lynch lie? Poeple who are trying to save their ass sometimes lie.

By the way, Administrative Law Judge Thomas Gagola found Lynch’s behavior on May 31 “constituted a reckless disregard of human life or property”. I love how all the responses are only "just stop". Why isn't anyone coming out and saying that was a great heartfelt, sincere statement? My guess is that most of you were as unconvinced by his statement as I am.

Lynch has been in front of reporters and microphones his entire adult life. Why would he be nervous, He knows that he is out of legal jeopardy. Why is is such a stretch to think that he may be less than truthful in saying that he didn't realize he hit her? Bill Clinton lied, George Bush lied, why can't Marshawn Lynch lie? Poeple who are trying to save their ass sometimes lie.

Way to cull only the segment that you're comfortable responding to. The point is the CONTEXT of the scene. Put your thinking cap on. They weren't there to ask him about his stellar performance in last week's game, or his take on the offense. It has been an uncomfortable and embarrassing situation for him. You might look a little squirrely too, Eliot.

Similarly perhaps, the fact that you were swayed by some generalizations you found on the Web enough to pass them off as your own thoughts doesn't mean we should conclude that you're a simpleton and a plagiarist, either.

By the way, Administrative Law Judge Thomas Gagola found Lynch’s behavior on May 31 “constituted a reckless disregard of human life or property”. I love how all the responses are only "just stop". Why isn't anyone coming out and saying that was a great heartfelt, sincere statement? My guess is that most of you were as unconvinced by his statement as I am.

So we can either be unconvinced as you are or we think that it's a great, heartfelt sincere statement? There's a place called the middle that exists, might want to check it out. It's not that bad.

All of them are "just stop"? All of them? There you go again. Should we conclude that based on this statement that you have the reading comprehension of a rhesus monkey?

Way to cull only the segment that you're comfortable responding to. The point is the CONTEXT of the scene. Put your thinking cap on. They weren't there to ask him about his stellar performance in last week's game, or his take on the offense. It has been an uncomfortable and embarrassing situation for him. You might look a little squirrely too, Eliot.

Similarly perhaps, the fact that you were swayed by some generalizations you found on the Web enough to pass them off as your own thoughts doesn't mean we should conclude that you're a simpleton and a plagiarist, either.

Why would he be uncomfortable if his statement was the truth? Shouldn't he be relieved to have the oppurtunity to get this off his chest? Why didn't he use this oppurtunity to refute the speculation that he wasn't drinking. He could have said "I drove home at 3:30am, I had not been drinking at all...", how would that effect the civil suit? Why would Marshawn and his lawyer leave the ambiguity of Lynch possibly being drunk hanging out there?

I often lurk and don't write on here, and I really hate when people use blanket, childish insults...

But you sir, are an idiot! I can't imagine how bored someone must be to put that much thought into the analysis of a $100 traffic crime. Grow up. And if you're that perturbed, maybe you shouldn't be a fan of the organization or this league for that matter. Get over it. He's a football player, and a damn good one at that. The naivety is just staggering. Go coach a Christian, 8&9 year old flag team.

I often lurk and don't write on here, and I really hate when people use blanket, childish insults...

But you sir, are an idiot! I can't imagine how bored someone must be to put that much thought into the analysis of a $100 traffic crime. Grow up. And if you're that perturbed, maybe you shouldn't be a fan of the organization or this league for that matter. Get over it. He's a football player, and a damn good one at that. The naivety is just staggering. Go coach a Christian, 8&9 year old flag team.

You mean a "100$ traffic crime" that the even the judge said displayed a "reckless disregard for human life and property"? Who's really the naive one- the person who has the nerve to believe someone driving home from Chippewa at 330am was drunk or someone who takes the words of the accused and his LAWYER at face value? I'm sorry for being cynical about his story and refusing to drink the Marshawn Lynch Kool-Aid.