Did Sunday solidify Henry being gone in 2005?

stevestojan

If McGahee has a couple more games like this, I see no reason to keep Henry.

I mean, realistically, one has to go, since even Ralph Wilson can see we can't play smash mouth :w00t: .. . so why not go with the finess guy who got you 111 yards?

By the way, McGahee = 111 yards vs one of the better Ds in the league

Henry in his 4 games? 75. 67, 98, 33 (even double that for his injury and its not good).

hopefully he is gone by tuesday. i'd take a 3rd rounder for him just to get him off the team.

he has malcontent written all over him if willis starts after travis  is healthly.

74301[/snapback]

3rd Rounder? That's being a little rough.

But I would take a 2nd rounder, so that next draft we at least have 2 #2's.

3rd Rounder? That's being a little rough.

But I would take a 2nd rounder, so that next draft we at least have 2 #2's.

74304[/snapback]

i don't think he is as highly rated around the league as this baord thinks he is.

i never hear his virtues extolled on the national shows or the local wisconsin and chicago stations i listen to.

they never talk about him like they do L.Tomlinson , P.Holmes or even C.Portis in washington.

he has no 2nd gear, is injury prone (missed games every year) and is not very bright.

if he had a few 100 yard games this season i could see an early 2 from a desparate team but he has done nothing to show he is even better than Sammy Morris.

i'm not trying to pick a fight but i am trying to be realistic about his value.

If McGahee has a couple more games like this, I see no reason to keep Henry.

I mean, realistically, one has to go, since even Ralph Wilson can see we can't play smash mouth :w00t:  .. . so why not go with the finess guy who got you 111 yards?

By the way, McGahee = 111 yards vs one of the better Ds in the league

Henry in his 4 games? 75. 67, 98, 33 (even double that for his injury and its not good).

74292[/snapback]

They are 26th against the rush. They are not one of the better defenses in the league. They might be if their offense wasn't so bad that they are on the field all the time. Fact is though, their offense is that bad and that impacts the quality of the defense which isn't all that great.

I would also point out that Willis didn't have such a good game going until that last drive. Further, Drew was having a good day which sooner or later forced them to play more nickel than they wanted to which helped the running game a bit.

Willis had a great day and we should all be happy for him but it was one game. If that continues and that is a big "if", we obviously will re-evaluate at the end of the year. The bottom line is that they are both here for the year so lets worry about who to let go at the end of the season since it really isn't a relevant question at this point.

The question that is relevant is: who starts against the Ravens?

Nonsense. You would trade a valueble RB this year for the right to draft another ANGELO CROWELL next year? That would make our team worse.

Henry is a valuable runner and I think both can split carries effectively.

hopefully he is gone by tuesday. i'd take a 3rd rounder for him just to get him off the team.

he has malcontent written all over him if willis starts after travis  is healthly.

74301[/snapback]

And a lot of people think maybe TH would end up with the Raiders....I dont see it, i bet they wait for Ricky Williams to get back into the league and wait for him to be available....where else would TH be traded? Who would take him?

TH will be here for the rest of the season.