Derek Fine Signs

Could he be our Chris Cooley??

"I'm not real big," said the 6'2 ½" 247-pound tight end. "I'm kind of right in the middle and I like that because I think it helps me out and I like being versatile and playing different positions.."

I think he could down the line....

The guy that is intreaging me right now is Derek Shoemann.....it looked like he was having a coming out part in that game he played before he got hurt.....and he is looking good in camp again.

What I think we have with Fine is another outstanding ST player to go with the others we have accumulated through the draft and already have on the team.......

I think our ST's is going to ROCK this year!

I think that Schouman and Fine are both going to be significant parts of the passing game, Fine moreso as the season progresses. Schouman has good hands and if the Bills are really serious about using the Tight Ends more in the passing game, Fine and Schouman are likely to play a significant role. Both have very sure hands for TEs and they have decent size. Not to mention that there is no way they could possibly be worse at hanging onto the ball than Royal. RR is a heck of a blocker, but he has a serious case of stone hands.

Could he be our Chris Cooley??

"I'm not real big," said the 6'2 ½" 247-pound tight end. "I'm kind of right in the middle and I like that because I think it helps me out and I like being versatile and playing different positions.."

If Fine turns out to be anything like Cooley or Dallas Clark I'll be satisfied.

Our Tight End position is most intriguing. Royal will be the starter, and it sounds like Schouman is being given an opportunity to show what he can do. I get the feeling that Fine will be playing ST's mostly this season. Courtney Anderson could end up being the odd man out, as Tim Massaquoi could make the team because of ST play.

Our TEs are going to suck just like they have for the past 10 years.

I'm through believing that we can use them correctly.

Hey, being a pessimist means you'll never be disappointed. Yay!

If Fine turns out to be anything like Cooley or Dallas Clark I'll be satisfied.

Our Tight End position is most intriguing. Royal will be the starter, and it sounds like Schouman is being given an opportunity to show what he can do. I get the feeling that Fine will be playing ST's mostly this season. Courtney Anderson could end up being the odd man out, as Tim Massaquoi could make the team because of ST play.

My problem is that Fine and Schouman seem like they bring the same things to the table...I know we have Royal to do the other things but how can they possibly work all three into it? I'm sure Schouman will get his chance first while Fine works on the Special Team unit with Fine in the reserves in case Schouman can't get it done in the passing game.