Turk Schonert

The early returns on this guy seem to be favorable. He has taken charge of the offense. He threatened to pull them off the field after a bad practice.

The receivers are saying there a lot of new patterns to learn which is good because the old ones didn't work.

He's going to allow Trent to audible which should take advantage of his high football I.Q.

Supposedly there is a Sam Wyche influence to his offense. Wyche had a cool O with the Bengals.

There is hope for our offense. :blink: He is the TURK.

Your thoughts?

I have to reserve judgment, I thought that Steve Fairchild was God's other son, boy was I frigging wrong.

I am not sure at this time of year, what Fairchild said wrong...In fact everyone here including self were praising Fairchild for taking JP and fixing his foot work and getting him to work with 3-5 step drops. Everyone was ga-ga over how Fairchild will turn into Martz and use both Evans and Parrish as speed burners...Nothing happened......

Well, it isn't easy when your #2 outside WR goes down, and Josh Reed isn't suited for an outside position. Not to mention that Roscoe Parrish thinks he was born a WR and doesn't have any need to run routes, and rounds them off when he does run them.

How about the average joe at center that ruins the line? How about no experience at QB? How about no blocking at RB as far as blitz pick up?

That makes for a great offense- but it can simply be solved by calling more bootlegs according to some :D

Talk to me after we find out what he likes to call on 3rd and short.

The early returns on this guy seem to be favorable. He has taken charge of the offense. He threatened to pull them off the field after a bad practice.

The receivers are saying there a lot of new patterns to learn which is good because the old ones didn't work.

He's going to allow Trent to audible which should take advantage of his high football I.Q.

Supposedly there is a Sam Wyche influence to his offense. Wyche had a cool O with the Bengals.

There is hope for our offense. :P He is the TURK.

Your thoughts?

There are no early returns on Turk; just rhetoric. Let me know the next time they give out any coaching awards during minicamps. What are we...Jet fans celebrating another offseason championship?

We won't know what kind of an OC we have in Turk until we're a few weeks into the regular season.