Obama's Message To Fathers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please fill me in- I can't listen to it, but I read a story about the Cosby incident- and had no problem with it. Maybe I read the wrong thing, or I am missing something?

If he called for Willis Magahee to help out with his kids, would everyone here be happier?

This is the same stuff that Bill Cosby got crucified for a few years ago. Since the Messiah now said it, it is a revelation.

True... Cosby did say the same. Usually, when things are said, more than once... They begin to sink in.

My whole point about Cosby is that I believe in what he said... Just coming from the wrong person. Where and how did Bill Cosby make his money early on?

Mock BO all you want as the Messiah... He does hold more credibilty. And true, at first people lashed out at BC, but they knew it was true.

Squashing Hillary goes far in subdueing the interests that attacked BC... There are still those interests in the African-American community that very much resent BO... Yet, they are quieted now.

Shows you first hand how one can bring about change, doesn't it?

As the son raised by a mother who was abandoned by the father, he is in a position to know.

Come to think of it, my father abandoned my mother too - with five kids. Cut off the money to spite her not caring how we'd suffer.

I'm lazy. Here is the Wilipedia entry on Bill Cosby

William Henry Cosby, Jr. was born and raised in West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Anna and William H. Cosby, Sr. He was one of four brothers. During much of his early childhood, Cosby's father was away in the US armed forces and spent several years fighting in World War II. As a student, he described himself as a class clown. Cosby was the captain of the baseball and track & field teams at Mary Channing Wister Elementary School in Philadelphia, as well as the class president. Early on, though, teachers noted his propensity for clowning around rather than studying. At Fitz-Simmons Junior High, Cosby began acting in plays as well as continuing his devotion to playing sports.He went on to Central High School, an academically challenging magnet school, but his full schedule of playing football, basketball, baseball, and running track made it hard for him. In addition, Cosby was working before and after school, selling produce, shining shoes, and stocking shelves at a supermarket to help out the family.He transferred to Germantown High School, but failed the tenth grade. Instead of repeating, he got a job as an apprentice at a shoe repair shop, which he liked, but could not see himself doing the rest of his life.Subsequently, he joined the Navy, serving at the Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia, Naval Station Argentia, Newfoundland and at the Bethesda Naval Hospital in Maryland.

While serving in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman for four years, Cosby worked in physical therapy with some seriously injured Korean War casualties,which helped him discover what was important to him. He immediately realized the need for an education, and finished his equivalency diploma via correspondence courses. He then won a track and field scholarship to Philadelphia's Temple University in 1961, and studied physical education while running track and playing fullback on the football team. However, he had continued to hone his talent for humor, joking with fellow enlistees in the service and then with college friends. When he began tending bar at the Cellar, a club in Philadelphia, to earn money, he became fully aware of his ability to make people laugh. He worked his customers and saw his tips increase, then ventured on to the stage.

Cosby left Temple to pursue a career in comedy....

Obama went to college , majored in Political Science and went to law school. He has been a lawyer and politician, two professions taht people don't have much regard for.

I think Bill Cosby is a lot more qualified to talk about this subject than the Messiah.

I'm lazy. Here is the Wilipedia entry on Bill Cosby

William Henry Cosby, Jr. was born and raised in West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Anna and William H. Cosby, Sr. He was one of four brothers. During much of his early childhood, Cosby's father was away in the US armed forces and spent several years fighting in World War II. As a student, he described himself as a class clown. Cosby was the captain of the baseball and track & field teams at Mary Channing Wister Elementary School in Philadelphia, as well as the class president. Early on, though, teachers noted his propensity for clowning around rather than studying. At Fitz-Simmons Junior High, Cosby began acting in plays as well as continuing his devotion to playing sports.He went on to Central High School, an academically challenging magnet school, but his full schedule of playing football, basketball, baseball, and running track made it hard for him. In addition, Cosby was working before and after school, selling produce, shining shoes, and stocking shelves at a supermarket to help out the family.He transferred to Germantown High School, but failed the tenth grade. Instead of repeating, he got a job as an apprentice at a shoe repair shop, which he liked, but could not see himself doing the rest of his life.Subsequently, he joined the Navy, serving at the Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia, Naval Station Argentia, Newfoundland and at the Bethesda Naval Hospital in Maryland.

While serving in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman for four years, Cosby worked in physical therapy with some seriously injured Korean War casualties,which helped him discover what was important to him. He immediately realized the need for an education, and finished his equivalency diploma via correspondence courses. He then won a track and field scholarship to Philadelphia's Temple University in 1961, and studied physical education while running track and playing fullback on the football team. However, he had continued to hone his talent for humor, joking with fellow enlistees in the service and then with college friends. When he began tending bar at the Cellar, a club in Philadelphia, to earn money, he became fully aware of his ability to make people laugh. He worked his customers and saw his tips increase, then ventured on to the stage.

Cosby left Temple to pursue a career in comedy....

Obama went to college , majored in Political Science and went to law school. He has been a lawyer and politician, two professions taht people don't have much regard for.

I think Bill Cosby is a lot more qualified to talk about this subject than the Messiah.

And what should be done... Nobody talk about this? It is called change Wacka, you sound sore that this is being brought up. Why would you not want this talked about?

True... Cosby got burned from some, IMO those people knew he was right.

Sounds like you are advocating that nobody should talk about this because Cosby got roasted? Where is the change in that thinking?

Wow... You really must want things to be the same by dwelling on the negative.

Cosby PAVED the way for Obama... He opened up the dialogue, and we should all be thankful!

I think we should just throw out the first ammendment, so he can't talk about it......why not, over the past few years other parts of the Constitution have been trashed, so I guess it would be ok.

I'm saying that he should be talking about it, but acknowledge that Cosby spoke about this several years ago and demand that Sharpton, Jackson and that whole bunch of race baiters apologize to Cosby.

Sharpton , Jackson, etc have to rely on perpetuating racism to keep their lucrative jobs. Jackson complains about beer distributorships and Surprise! his son gets one.

I think we should just throw out the first ammendment, so he can't talk about it......why not, over the past few years other parts of the Constitution have been trashed, so I guess it would be ok.

Seems Wacka is a bit sore becasuse this topic is progressing past "the rage" when Cosby said it... He likes to live in the past where nothing is allowed to change... Cosby got slammed and Wacka will always feel the need to connect to that negative aspect.

:lol:

I'm saying that he should be talking about it, but acknowledge that Cosby spoke about this several years ago and demand that Sharpton, Jackson and that whole bunch of race baiters apologize to Cosby.

Sharpton , Jackson, etc have to rely on perpetuating racism to keep their lucrative jobs. Jackson complains about beer distributorships and Surprise! his son gets one.

Ok, now I see where you are coming from......I agree with you, and I think race baiting is one of the ugliest forms of racism there is.

Would be nice, but I don't think it will happen.

Things are changing... IMO, AS and JJ may quietly still not thrilled with BO... I bet they would have loved Hillary where BO is.

All Obama can do is lop the head off the beast of the race baiters by doing exactly what he is doing.

Yeah, but he did so based upon merit, so whether or not you admire his chosen professions, he worked to get where he is, similar to Cosby.

And just because idiots like Jackson and Sharpton criticised Cosby and not Obama has nothing to do with Obama, it just shows what hypocrites they are. Also, I wouldn't criticize Obama OR Crosby for their speeches, as they both happen to be right.

You'd think it was a message a right-winger could really get behind. You know, black folk takin' responsibility and what not. :lol:

And what should be done... Nobody talk about this? It is called change Wacka, you sound sore that this is being brought up. Why would you not want this talked about?

True... Cosby got burned from some, IMO those people knew he was right.

Sounds like you are advocating that nobody should talk about this because Cosby got roasted? Where is the change in that thinking?

Wow... You really must want things to be the same by dwelling on the negative.

Cosby PAVED the way for Obama... He opened up the dialogue, and we should all be thankful!

Cosby PAVED nothing - he was very late on the scene.

Ward Connoly, Niger Innis and others have been saying such for years. Of course, the liberal left attacked them as Uncle Toms.

I have no problem what Obama said in this speech...Alot of talk though...he'll be just like every other jackass elected. All talk and promises and no action. I'm not sure he's any better than Bush. Yea he's a great speaker but the guy hasn't a clue either. Winnie the pooh politics? WTF? http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/18/ob...foreign-policy/

Republicans have been saying what Obama said for years. What riles me is that the press is acting like this is brand new and lauding the Messiah for repeating what has been said for years and not mentioning Ward Connely, Niger Innis, Roy Innis, and others.

You can't criticize the holy word of the Messiah.

Republicans have been saying what Obama said for years. What riles me is that the press is acting like this is brand new and lauding the Messiah for repeating what has been said for years and not mentioning Ward Connely, Niger Innis, Roy Innis, and others.

The big difference is that republicans have not and never will be listened by most african americans and whatever they may say have absolutly no impact in the black community. The fact that the biggest black leader in the Nation is telling that is new and very important and may have an impact.

The big difference is that republicans have not and never will be listened by most african americans and whatever they may say have absolutly no impact in the black community. The fact that the biggest black leader in the Nation is telling that is new and very important and may have an impact.

But why is this Oliver? While I don't disagree with your statement, the race baiting tactics of the Democrats are in part, what caused this to be. As noted by Wacka, this has been said for years. In case you don't know, Ward Connely is black, as are I believe the other people mentioned.

Why is it that Obama (who I totally agree with) will be cast as a hero for saying these things while others were castigated for saying the same thing? It's because he's 'the Messiah' who can do no wrong. I know I joke about this, but seriously, it is a bit irritating when you consider the schitstorm it created when Cosby said it.

I'm looking forward to see how The Messiah deals with Jackson and Sharpton. Will he hold them at bay or will he embrace them? You know that cockroach Jackson is going to want a taste or some visible 'respect' from The Messiah. It should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Why is it that Obama (who I totally agree with) will be cast as a hero for saying these things while others were castigated for saying the same thing? It's because he's 'the Messiah' who can do no wrong. I know I joke about this, but seriously, it is a bit irritating when you consider the schitstorm it created when Cosby said it.

Maybe simply because in politics the messenger is as important as the message... This is in fact the whole Obama story in fact: He's black and an immigrant and (in a sense) white. Most americans can see him as "one of them" and whatever he says is listened by more people than any other politician maybe in history...

Maybe simply because in politics the messenger is as important as the message... This is in fact the whole Obama story in fact: He's black and an immigrant and (in a sense) white. Most americans can see him as "one of them" and whatever he says is listened by more people than any other politician maybe in history...

What?