Specter calls off the dogs

And to think for a little while I actually thought that republican scumbag had a heart

LMFAO. You know, they'll call in a bunch of cheaters from the MLB to testify about steroids and how awful steroid use is in the game because it's cheating. Now, when it is the NFL and the almighty Patriots, Congress decides that cheating in Pro Sports isn't worth their time. Figures.

Looks like Goodell will be able to cover his and Tagliabue's tracks then, because they were involved from the beginning

That's my suspicion as well--I'd also personally love to see somebody give Mike Pereira the once over that the NBA refs are about to get courtesy of Donaghy.....

That's my suspicion as well--I'd also personally love to see somebody give Mike Pereira the once over that the NBA refs are about to get courtesy of Donaghy.....

I actually think that the NFL has the best refs in pro sports. Baseball umpires may be the worst

And to think for a little while I actually thought that republican scumbag had a heart

There are a lot of Republicans who have a heart. The numbers show that Republicans give more to charity than Democrats, but that is simply because the Democrats want to outsource the care of society's less fortunate to the government.

BTW - any person left of center who thinks Specter is a "republican scumbag" is clueless. He's on your team, not theirs.

Get a clue before you pop off next time.

I actually think that the NFL has the best refs in pro sports. Baseball umpires may be the worst

Wow. The NBA refs are the worst and its not even close. I'd say MLB umps are right 95% of the time and rarely does a missed call in a baseball game cost one team a victory, whereas in the NBA one call, or a bevy of calls, as was the case in the Kings-Lakers series, can absolutely hand one team a victory. The NFL needs younger refs, they do a fairly good job but some are just too old to keep up with the game.

There are a lot of Republicans who have a heart. The numbers show that Republicans give more to charity than Democrats, but that is simply because the Democrats want to outsource the care of society's less fortunate to the government.

BTW - any person left of center who thinks Specter is a "republican scumbag" is clueless. He's on your team, not theirs.

Get a clue before you pop off next time.

Thank you sir. I was thinking the same thing when I read that post.

Wow. The NBA refs are the worst and its not even close. I'd say MLB umps are right 95% of the time and rarely does a missed call in a baseball game cost one team a victory, whereas in the NBA one call, or a bevy of calls, as was the case in the Kings-Lakers series, can absolutely hand one team a victory. The NFL needs younger refs, they do a fairly good job but some are just too old to keep up with the game.

Thank you sir. I was thinking the same thing when I read that post.

I am a yankees fan, and it made me sick when they played Boston on ESPN a month or two ago when Manny Ramirez had a full count and the plate ump (McClelland, I think) called him out when he got halfway to first base after the last pitch. Umpires are the most egotistical game officials their are- and that guy is among the worst.

Have any of you watched Patriot games over the last few years? From the Tuck Rule to the Colts AFCCG to the Ravens game to several screw jobs they've delivered to us over that period, it's incredible the number of calls late in a game that seem to go that team's way. That's what I was referring to here, not the overall officiating in the NFL.

Wanna know why nothing will ever happen to the P*ts, even though all the evidence suggests they've been cheating for the past eight years and the league has looked the other way? Look no further than Patriot Place ("Everybody Wins!"), Bob Kraft's new monument to himself. Notice that CBS will have a huge presence at the complex in the form of CBS Scene, opening during the first week of the NFL's 2008 season.

A new sports and entertainment venue is coming to the area, thanks to a partnership between the CBS network and the Kraft Group, owners of the New England Patriots. They are promising 'CBS Scene' will be the greatest sports bar and restaurant ever.

"There is nothing like this anywhere in the country," Patriots owner Robert Kraft told WBZ-TV's Lisa Hughes.

WBZ got the first look at artist renderings of the new three-story, 15,000 square foot entertainment, dining and sports complex – to be built in Foxboro at Patriot Place, right next to Gillette Stadium.

This will be the Stadium/entertainment/shopping complex that all other NFL stadiums will be compared to from here on out. No way the NFL is going to punish a cash cow they will be able to point to as a model for other cities to copy in order to draw an NFL team. No way the NFL is going to tarnish their cash cow franchise, despite all the evidence shwoing they cheated for almost a decade. You can almost guarantee the P*ts will win the championship in the 2008 season because it is in the best interests of the NFL to make it happen.

Patriot Place. "Everybody Wins!"

Wanna know why nothing will ever happen to the P*ts, even though all the evidence suggests they've been cheating for the past eight years and the league has looked the other way? Look no further than Patriot Place ("Everybody Wins!"), Bob Kraft's new monument to himself. Notice that CBS will have a huge presence at the complex in the form of CBS Scene, opening during the first week of the NFL's 2008 season.

This will be the Stadium/entertainment/shopping complex that all other NFL stadiums will be compared to from here on out. No way the NFL is going to punish a cash cow they will be able to point to as a model for other cities to copy in order to draw an NFL team. No way the NFL is going to tarnish their cash cow franchise, despite all the evidence shwoing they cheated for almost a decade. You can almost guarantee the P*ts will win the championship in the 2008 season because it is in the best interests of the NFL to make it happen.

Patriot Place. "Everybody Wins!"

You hit the nail on the head, my friend. The P*ts are a made team as far as the NFL and networks are concerned.

PTR

...or maybe not (from KFFL.com):

NFL | Specter says Spygate could be revisited

Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:49:41 -0700

Greg Bishop, of The New York Times, reports Senator Arlen Specter said Thursday, June 19, that his involvement in the Spygate controversy is not over. "My view on the overall situation is that we may well see the other shoe drop somewhere," Specter said. "We went about as far as we could go, given the public attitude today about the economy and gas prices and Iraq. We're always very careful about initiating a Congressional investigation. "But that isn't to say, by any means, it's over."