For Some Reason, I Can't Remember

I am 37 and have been attending Sabres and Bills games since I was about 10 years old. This has been the first off season for both teams (and there are still 3 months left) where the waiting has been killing me. It seems like FOREVER since Sabres or Bills have played. What I can't understand is that my passion for these teams gets stronger every year. I am afraid that I won't make it to 40 if this keeps up!!

I figured this would get easier as I got older but it turns out to be the complete opposite. The best part is that I would have it no other way!! I would love a championship and some day it will happen. Until then, I will continue to enjoy each and every season. Can't wait to tip one back for Timmy on opening day!!

I am with you...normally, this time of year, I am watching old Bills games, in anticipation of the upcoming season, which seems close, but so far away. Usually, from June to August (after the NHL and NBA playoffs are over), I whip out Bills games from one particular season (last year it was the 1988 Bills, this year it will be the 1989 team) and watch the games I have on record, in sequence. It is kind of fun to relive some of those moments and players you forgot about.

I am not a huge baseball fan, and no matter how much golf and NASCAR are crammed down my throat, I am not interested...but, my Celtics have (after 22 years of mostly misery) made this offseason tolerable for me. I wonder if Russert was a Celtics fan at all...they do have the Irish angle!

I am with you...normally, this time of year, I am watching old Bills games, in anticipation of the upcoming season, which seems close, but so far away. Usually, from June to August (after the NHL and NBA playoffs are over), I whip out Bills games from one particular season (last year it was the 1988 Bills, this year it will be the 1989 team) and watch the games I have on record, in sequence. It is kind of fun to relive some of those moments and players you forgot about.

I am not a huge baseball fan, and no matter how much golf and NASCAR are crammed down my throat, I am not interested...but, my Celtics have (after 22 years of mostly misery) made this offseason tolerable for me. I wonder if Russert was a Celtics fan at all...they do have the Irish angle!

Your in for a treat in 2 years, I don't want to ruin anything for you so i will just give you a hint, You get an extra couple of games in the end of the year!

And here I thought I was the only 'closet' Bills nut.. This past weekend, I re-viewed the '87 season. Stellar comebacks vs. Houston and at Miami; Halloween Biscuit vs. Denver; Todd Schlopy. We knew then we were really onto something!

Everytime we move, the 'Lil woman' tries to sell/trash my very extensive, ever fading VHS collection.

So far, so good. :blink:

I felt the exact same way. So much so, I went and bought a VCR/DVD Recorder combo and 100 blank DVD's, dug out my old VHS Tape Collection and am transferring games from VHS to DVD. First one I did was the 1988 Bills-Jets game when the Bills Clinched the East and the fans ripped the goalposts down (I was one of them). I discovered I also taped all the local news reports for two days after. Talk about bringing back a flood of memories. The beginning of the glory days. Can't believe it's almost 20 years ago. I'll go through all the early 90's playoff games next. Only games I don't have are the Super Bowls. Funny I didn't save those. To this day, the only two plays I have ever seen (for a 2nd time) of all 4 SB's are the replays of the Norwood miss and the Beebe-Lett play. I forgot how much I was into the Bills back then, even when they were 2-14. I still watch/go to every game, training camp, preseason and whatever else but it hasn't seemed the same for awhile. Not since the "Music City Fraud" I think. Now with all this Toronto crap and the Lynch thing. We need new glory days. Oh well, I'll just watch the 51-3 blowout of the Raiders or the 41-38 Wild Card comeback against the Oilers and all will be right in Bills land for a few hours anyway.