Chris Ellis

Excellent. Particularly since the Bucs have had such good drafts lately...Micheal Clayton...Cadillaic minus his first 6 games in the NFL...Davin Joseph....Bruce Gradkowski...Jeremy Trueblood....Alex Smith... :thumbsup:

Wow. You dont obviously follow the buccs at all, nor do you have any idea about their players. Sure, Clayton could be considered a bust. ITs touch to call cadillac a bust, because he got hurt. But thats where your post stops making any and all sense. Joseph and Trueblood are anchors on their OL, and 2 big reason as to why the buccs won the division last year. Those 2 are quickly becoming elite linemen. Alex Smith has developed into a pretty nice TE for them, considering he was a 3rd rounder. Gradkowski was a friggin 5th round QB who was forced into a starting role as a rookie. What do you expect from him?

Your post can be summed up in one sentence: Its better to have people THINK you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Joseph and Trueblood are anchors on their OL, and 2 big reason as to why the buccs won the division last year. Those 2 are quickly becoming elite linemen. Alex Smith has developed into a pretty nice TE for them, considering he was a 3rd rounder. Gradkowski was a friggin 5th round QB who was forced into a starting role as a rookie. What do you expect from him?

Ahem. :thumbsup:

Ahem. :thumbsup:

As much as we argue about the Whitner pick, i've never denied that those 2 picks were great picks by the buccs. Toss in 2nd rounder aaron sears, FA jeff faine, and that OL has the makings of a good one. The only piece they are really lacking is a true LT. They have petitgout there for now, but are going to need someone else there soon. I havent heard if there are any plans to shift Trueblood over.

IIRC, we gave up a 3rd to select a DT...

That is correct. But, even though you don't believe me, I heard Marv Levy say that we turned down more than a 2nd to trade down in round 1.

This means that we could have drafted Joseph, Trueblood, McCargo, and had another 2nd (and another unspecified pick). Whitner is good, but I am not at all impressed by Youboty or Simpson.

How about you?

That is correct. But, even though you don't believe me, I heard Marv Levy say that we turned down more than a 2nd to trade down in round 1.

This means that we could have drafted Joseph, Trueblood, McCargo, and had another 2nd (and another unspecified pick). Whitner is good, but I am not at all impressed by Youboty or Simpson.

How about you?

I'm impressed with Whitner thusfar. I'm not impressed with Youboty at all. As for Simpson, i liked what i saw from him his rookie year, and last year was obviously a washout. We'll see what he brings this year. For being a 4th round pick, i'm happy where he is at and his potential to improve.

I'm impressed with Whitner thusfar. I'm not impressed with Youboty at all. As for Simpson, i liked what i saw from him his rookie year, and last year was obviously a washout. We'll see what he brings this year. For being a 4th round pick, i'm happy where he is at and his potential to improve.

You see, when I watched Simpson, it looked (to me of course) like he was running in sand. Granted, he is young and might improve, but I am far from optimistic.

I probably want him to be good more than anybody on this board for an obvious reason....if he doesn't pan out, Jauron (assuming he is still employed in Buffalo) will draft a first round safety in 09. That is if he can resist another first round corner.

Yes, right or wrong, I believe Jauron is that bad.