Holy $#!+ This Guy Is One Tough Bastard!!

Tough? yes But not TASER tough :blink:

*Warning for those who are easily offended. The video contains something that can only be described as simulated gay sex.

If that dude survived this he's really out of his mind on sumpin! Don't just shoot him! Shoot him with a cannon!

If the cops had been trying to subdue him with pepper spray instead of a taser, and it was pepper spray that the freaky guy grabbed from the cops and started spraying at them, would you still feel as if they were justified in killing him? The minute the guy goes for a gun, I'm totally on board with it. Otherwise the guy was pretty much unarmed, and I think it was excessive to take his life. Guess that's why I'm not a cop!

Check out the link I supplied above and tell me that pepper spray is anywhere near as effective as a taser.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the link I supplied above and tell me that pepper spray is anywhere near as effective as a taser.

So the "toughest guy in the military" who's been hit by grenades and shook it off goes down faster than Jenna Jameson, yet some schmuck rummaging through a garage takes it like a champ? Something isn't right with this picture.

Also, can a taser be re-fired immediately? Don't the probes and wires need to be reloaded somehow before you can fire it off again?

So the "toughest guy in the military" who's been hit by grenades and shook it off goes down faster than Jenna Jameson, yet some schmuck rummaging through a garage takes it like a champ? Something isn't right with this picture.

Also, can a taser be re-fired immediately? Don't the probes and wires need to be reloaded somehow before you can fire it off again?

He was probably strung out on crack or something. I have no problem this is true. He may have been a lot bigger than that guy. He managed to overpower a cop.

He was probably strung out on crack or something. I have no problem this is true. He may have been a lot bigger than that guy. He managed to overpower a cop.

I just looked it up. The taser cartridge is a "one and done", so the assailant would have had to somehow get another cartridge AND know how to load it in order to fire it at the cops. He could have held it against the cop's skin, but apparently this does not result in loss of motor function, only pain. I fail to see how the cops would even allow this guy to get close enough to them in order to be of any danger. Hell, there were THREE of them, and the guy was unarmed. I'm usually very pro-police, but if I were family to this guy, I'd sue for sure.

I just looked it up. The taser cartridge is a "one and done", so the assailant would have had to somehow get another cartridge AND know how to load it in order to fire it at the cops. He could have held it against the cop's skin, but apparently this does not result in loss of motor function, only pain. I fail to see how the cops would even allow this guy to get close enough to them in order to be of any danger. Hell, there were THREE of them, and the guy was unarmed. I'm usually very pro-police, but if I were family to this guy, I'd sue for sure.

How would they stop that?

How would they stop that?

I guess when I think about it, if it was you, me, and Lana trying to subdue some big oaf, it wouldn't be that hard. He can only really focus on one of us at a time so, let's say he's going after Lana...it's hard for me to believe that the minute you and I discerned his focus, that we couldn't very easily knock his ass to the ground and incapacitate him. It's just hard for me to believe that THREE professionally trained cops can't take down one guy who is, for all intents and purposes, unarmed. I'd love to get a look at these guys, cause it was probably those big bellied ones you see always out eating at the diners and donut shops.

I guess when I think about it, if it was you, me, and Lana trying to subdue some big oaf, it wouldn't be that hard. He can only really focus on one of us at a time so, let's say he's going after Lana...it's hard for me to believe that the minute you and I discerned his focus, that we couldn't very easily knock his ass to the ground and incapacitate him. It's just hard for me to believe that THREE professionally trained cops can't take down one guy who is, for all intents and purposes, unarmed. I'd love to get a look at these guys, cause it was probably those big bellied ones you see always out eating at the diners and donut shops.

If I lift my up shirt, should that distract him enough for you guys to take 'em down? :blink:

If I lift my up shirt, should that distract him enough for you guys to take 'em down? :blink:

Chances are you'd get your ass kicked if you did that in the scenario I posed above! lol

Oh yeah...we are messing with a crazy person! :blink:

Yeah, and Dan and I would be doing this :wallbash:

No, for "nunya!"

Look, we have no idea how hot you are or not. So it's odd you'd admit to being a dog. But hey, honesty is the best policy. BTW, I don't see big jugs on any of them dogs. :wallbash:

And how exactly would the cops prevent that? Oh yeah, by shooting him. :wallbash:

That's the same point I was trying to make earlier too. :blink:

Absolutely jumping to conclusions here, but I'm guessing the guy's tox screen comes back positive.

A few years back, the local stoners hooked up with some grass laced with PCP. They ended up in the ER, where one 150-pound guy took a cop through a plate-glass window, and it took two state troopers and a D-cell Maglite applied to the throat to subdue another one.

3 a.m.? This guy is actively engaged with the first two cops after ignoring a Taser shot? If I'm the third man in (the shooter), there's no way in hell I'm going to try to get close enough to spray him -- which would also affect the policemen, remember.

(Disclaimer: I am not in law enforcement. This merely seems like common sense.)

The family can sue if they want, but this sounds like it was done by the book.

Tasers and Pepper Spray don't work on everyone. I've personally seen people hit with tasers and it have absolutely no effect on them. They are also not one shot deals. As long as the probes are in someone, you can keep giving them 5 second rides. However, there is a small computer inside the taser logging every time you squeeze that trigger. Pepper-mace will swell a person's eye shut but they can still fight through the pain.

You're exactly right. Part of training I received in the Marine Corps is to get pepper sprayed and fight through it. I'm quite sure law enforcement officials receive the same training. I must say it was one of the most unpleasant days of my 40 years of living.

For AJ Zep's benefit, law enforcement officers are trained in the escalation of force. Non-lethal measures have become more available of the last 10-15 years. As opined above, they do not always subdue a subject. Drugs such as PCP and Meth can allow suspects to overcome non-lethal methods. Please keep in mind, we do not pay Police Officers to get injured. Many think that the cops should fight a suspect and put their life in further jeapordy. The fact is once a suspect refuses to comply with police orders the officers are then left with few choices. Grapling with a suspect is one of the least favorable options and quite frankly, if you were in that situation and had a gun, would you fight the person or shoot the person when you felt your life is in jeapordy?

Many of us also instinctively see the good in all people. In fact the are people in this world who have the instincts of animals and only marginally qualify as human beings because of their DNA. There are some seriously BAD people in this world and the Police are the people who we hire to deal with them. This is often spun for sympathy by family members after some animal is shot down by the police as "He was a father" (So he donated sperm to some woman), or he was just misunderstood...blah, blah, blah. I think you know what I mean.