Holy $#!+ This Guy Is One Tough Bastard!!

Linkage :lol:

Police said they confronted the man, who was carrying two metal flowers stands that were about 3-feet long. Derge said the unidentified man refused to drop them or obey commands, and an officer shocked him with a Taser.

The man pulled the Taser probes from his body and began fighting with two officers in the front yard, Derge said.

Good thing he's dead that's one tough hombre. I've never heard of someone being able to pull the taser probes out and start fighting! Yikes! The officers must have been :thumbsup: their pants! This guy was a scary dude. :lol:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Why? Were they afraid if they shot him in the knees that he'd take out the bullets, put them in his mouth, and shoot them back at the cops?

Why? Were they afraid if they shot him in the knees that he'd take out the bullets, put them in his mouth, and shoot them back at the cops?

The police are trained to shoot at the center of the body. It's their best chance for a hit. If you have an enraged guy jumping around with a taser it'd be stupid stand there and try to shoot his legs when there is a good chance of a miss. Shoot the mofo in the place where the odds are best to hit. Had the guy put down the stuff he was stealing and went quietly he'd still be alive wouldn't he?

Assuming the report is accurate they did exactly what they should have done.

The police are trained to shoot at the center of the body. It's their best chance for a hit. If you have an enraged guy jumping around with a taser it'd be stupid stand there and try to shoot his legs when there is a good chance of a miss. Shoot the mofo in the place where the odds are best to hit. Had the guy put down the stuff he was stealing and went quietly he'd still be alive wouldn't he?

Assuming the report is accurate they did exactly what they should have done.

maybe I'm just ignorant of the training cops receive, but I thought they were trained specifically to disable an assailant without killing them. Is that not accurate? Don't get me wrong, if I ever caught someone in my house, I'd kill the bastard without thinking twice. But if he was in my garage picking out garden tools and lawn ornaments, I just don't think I'd feel the same way.

maybe I'm just ignorant of the training cops receive, but I thought they were trained specifically to disable an assailant without killing them. Is that not accurate? Don't get me wrong, if I ever caught someone in my house, I'd kill the bastard without thinking twice. But if he was in my garage picking out garden tools and lawn ornaments, I just don't think I'd feel the same way.

Taking shots at a dangerous criminals knees is too much of a risk. Cops are not expert marksman and in this case, as it is with many cases, the guy was probably moving around very quickly. If this guy was just stealing tools and cooperated with police when they showed up he'd be alive. It escalated to a very dangerous situation quickly. It was no longer stealing garden tools it was a guy trying to injure several officers. He got what he deserved and it's one less A-hole to worry about.

Taking shots at a dangerous criminals knees is too much of a risk. Cops are not expert marksman and in this case, as it is with many cases, the guy was probably moving around very quickly. If this guy was just stealing tools and cooperated with police when they showed up he'd be alive. It escalated to a very dangerous situation quickly. It was no longer stealing garden tools it was a guy trying to injure several officers. He got what he deserved and it's one less A-hole to worry about.

Dang, dude...you are cold-blooded!

Officers are also trained to go through like 5 steps BEFORE they even shoot the guy. He probably refused to obey the other 4 so this was probably their last resort.

Dang, dude...you are cold-blooded!

I'm anti-death penalty because I believe innocent people get sentenced to death. I am not anti-death penalty because I think that criminals should never be killed. If this report is accurate the cops just saved us a lot of money for a trial and prison incarceration. I have little sympathy for violent criminals.

Disable the guy by hitting the torso.

You watch too many movies and tv shows. It's hard to hit someone in the leg or arm, even from close range.

How bout a club to the back of the head? What about pepper spray?

I'm anti-death penalty because I believe innocent people get sentenced to death. I am not anti-death penalty because I think that criminals should never be killed. If this report is accurate the cops just saved us a lot of money for a trial and prison incarceration. I have little sympathy for violent criminals.

I don't necessarily disagree with that at all...I guess in this particular instance it seems like there should have been an alternative other than killing the guy.

I don't necessarily disagree with that at all...I guess in this particular instance it seems like there should have been an alternative other than killing the guy.

Tasing him was the alternative after he refused to cooperate. After that he escalated his fate to death.

Tasing him was the alternative after he refused to cooperate. After that he escalated his fate to death.

I agree. Cops cannot shot to disable and those who think they can watched too many TV series like Lone Ranger and Batman. Damn dude was either cracked out or a serious badass.

Pepper spray doesn't stop people all the time. Also, it can affect the other cops.

They say bear spray (same stuff) just gives you a cajun flavoring.

Seriously? From reading that, deadly force was MORE than justified. He grabbed the taser and turned it on one of the cops? Any normal person goes down ... and in this case, one with a gun on his hip there for the taking.

And for him to not be affected by the taser, I'm wondering what the hell he was on. A local cityside reporter just volunteered to get zapped for a Page One story he was writing for the OTH. It's a shame they didn't put his first-person account online, but the picture attached to the other story should give you a good idea. I'll see if I can find the hard copy ...

Okay, here it is:

... I'm a word guy, so I decided I needed to be "tased" so I could explain what it feels like. I signed a waiver, absolving the city and the police department from any liability should something go wrong, and volunteered for a full five-second hit from a Taser.

I won't be volunteering again any time soon. ...

The pain was immediate and everywhere. I felt like I was on fire. I could feel electricity arcing from the two Taser wires into my leg and shoulder and pulsing up and down my body.

Every muscle in my body convulsed, completely out of my control. I could feel my leg and back muscles spasm. Never ending waves of pain washed over me, pulsing in sync with the Taser's electric crackle.

I wanted to run away but I couldn't. I couldn't walk, crawl or roll away either. I no longer had control over my arms and legs. I was locked up tight and in the most intense physical pain I've ever experienced.

I had these thoughts during my first second and a half after Sgt. Marsfelder pulled the trigger. ...

Two things: Mr. Eberth has far more guts than I do, and I admire his "taking one for the team" to get that story. And unless the taser misfired in the other situation, I'm not sure anything short of a bullet would have stopped that guy.

Seriously? From reading that, deadly force was MORE than justified. He grabbed the taser and turned it on one of the cops? Any normal person goes down ... and in this case, one with a gun on his hip there for the taking.

If the cops had been trying to subdue him with pepper spray instead of a taser, and it was pepper spray that the freaky guy grabbed from the cops and started spraying at them, would you still feel as if they were justified in killing him? The minute the guy goes for a gun, I'm totally on board with it. Otherwise the guy was pretty much unarmed, and I think it was excessive to take his life. Guess that's why I'm not a cop!