Holy $#!+ This Guy Is One Tough Bastard!!

What is wrong about my assessment? If you agree that it's slim you'll ever be attacked then why are you so scared you have to have a gun. You're seatbelt analogy sucks. You have a much higher risk of getting into an accident than being attacked.

I don't care how slim the chance is, I don't carry because I'm scared, I carry because I'm not dumb enough to think it can't happen to me. How many people who are robbed, raped , murdered, etc actually thought they would be attacked? Would they have been scared wusses if they adjusted their behavior to avoid becoming a victim?

You're not scared but you have a gun because you're afraid of being attacked. <_<

I'm sure you're different from anyone else and can always hear someone coming up behind you. rolleyes.gif

You don't notice someone coming up within feet of you on the street? Are these criminals ninjas?

Have you ever heard of people hiding in alleys? Have you ever heard of someone walking right by you and then quickly turning and grabbing you? Have you heard of army training that specifically teaches you to sneak up on people, people who are trained to look out for danger? Do you carry the gun in your hand all the time? You're a fool if you honestly believe that someone can't get the drop on you.

If you're in your house and the door is broken down and guys with guns burst in how quick can you get to your gun?

A lot quicker than someone can get up to my bedroom!

First you're assuming you're in you're bedroom when it happens. Second most burglars just want to get in grab and get out. They rarely harm anyone. If you're not home when the burglary happens then another mook has an illegal gun on the streets. You'd be a lot better off spending some money to make you're house harder to break into. If you have a house that's tough to enter the jerks will most likely move on to someone easier.

Hey, you have every right to own a handgun, more power to ya but don't expect that everyone will think you're cool and a big man because you have a gun. You have the right to own a handgun and I have the right to point out what I believe is the mindset behind the perceived need or desire to own one.

The only time anyone would ever know I was carrying a gun would be if they were attacking me so I can assure you that I don't carry to impress anyone. You certainly have every right to rant about your ignorant views on the internet. But don't expect everyone to think you are "cool and a big man" because you are a condescending ahole.

I'm only pointing out the truth. I'm just saying a lot of people carry guns because it makes them feel big and powerful. If you can't admit that I can't help you. Why are videos of hotties firing assault weapons so popular with the gun crowd?

A lot of people think that if they were present at a mall shooting spree and had a gun they'd thwart the bad guy. The truth is they'd pee their pants wouldn't look where they were shooting and probably take out some people the nutjob missed.

No, but someone who gets ahold of your gun might. What if you come home in the middle of a burglary and they already have your gun?

I'm sure you or your wife would never shoot the other intentionally but accidents happen. A friend of mine was almost killed by his father because he got up in the middle of the night to get something to eat. As he was walking back up the stairs his dad almost shot him.

If you're a banker or a diamond merchant or a bodyguard then you should have a gun. If you're the average shmoe a gun is less likely to save you than harm you.

Check this out

Look at how many accidental shooting occur. So keep you're gun but admit you have it because you're scared. It's obvious.

:flirt:

You got me. I'm so embarrassed that I'm scared of being the victim of violent crime. You call me names for being aware of the fact (scared apparently) that I could be the victim of a crime and talk about how slim the chances are, and then you bring up even less likely crime scenarios to support your point. I won't be attacked, but if I am it will by an army trained assasin and my weapon will be useless? We can't all be virtual tough guys like you. I also lock my doors and avoid the dark alleys that you speak of because I'm a "wuss and a scaredy cat". There is actually a difference between a "scaredy cat" and realizing that bad things can happen and to prepare for them. I'm not going to change your ignorant views. After all, you can find stories on the web about gun accidents and assume every gun owner is the same. Should I link to car accidents and point out how stupid you are to drive? It makes about as much sense.

As far as a criminal getting my gun, they would have to figure out how to move my 400 pound safe that is bolted to the floor. I'm sure you can find a link that shows gun owners leave their guns on a table near the front door or in their baby's cribs.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got me. I'm so embarrassed that I'm scared of being the victim of violent crime. You call me names for being aware of the fact (scared apparently) that I could be the victim of a crime and talk about how slim the chances are, and then you bring up even less likely crime scenarios to support your point. I won't be attacked, but if I am it will by an army trained assasin and my weapon will be useless? We can't all be virtual tough guys like you. I also lock my doors and avoid the dark alleys that you speak of because I'm a "wuss and a scaredy cat". There is actually a difference between a "scaredy cat" and realizing that bad things can happen and to prepare for them. I'm not going to change your ignorant views. After all, you can find stories on the web about gun accidents and assume every gun owner is the same. Should I link to car accidents and point out how stupid you are to drive? It makes about as much sense.

As far as a criminal getting my gun, they would have to figure out how to move my 400 pound safe that is bolted to the floor. I'm sure you can find a link that shows gun owners leave their guns on a table near the front door or in their baby's cribs.

Ok, you have your opinion and I have mine. I guess I'm not going to get you to admit the truths about your reasons for owning a gun and that it's not impossible for a criminal to get your gun or have an accident with it.

I think cops should be allowed to shoot more people....would clean up the gene pool a little bit...

I agree and disagree. Cops have gone way overboard with the shootings of guys later proved to be innocent but the guys who are really guilty of something bad then I'd agree.

Ok, you have your opinion and I have mine. I guess I'm not going to get you to admit the truths about your reasons for owning a gun and that it's not impossible for a criminal to get your gun or have an accident with it.

<_<

Spoken like a true city dweller.