The most important player to Bills success in 08?

How bout Paul Posluszny?

His skill is virtually unknown to fans and opponents and has the potential to shift last year's bend-and-try-not-to-break defense to one which actually imposes its will.

Even here, with the endless Edwards/Losman dribble, all the paranoia surrounding the Lynch/Hardy incident(s), and speculation about contracts for Peters and Evans, there seems to be a continuous lack of Poz talk.

Here's to the Poz staying healthy!

"Poz is a guy that works extremely hard," said fellow linebacker Kawika Mitchell. "The more he gets comfortable the better he'll get. He'll be a big time player. It's just a matter of time." -BB.com

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout Paul Posluszny?

His skill is virtually unknown to fans and opponents and has the potential to shift last year's bend-and-try-not-to-break defense to one which actually imposes its will.

Even here, with the endless Edwards/Losman dribble, all the paranoia surrounding the Lynch/Hardy incident(s), and speculation about contracts for Peters and Evans, there seems to be a continuous lack of Poz talk.

"Poz is a guy that works extremely hard," said fellow linebacker Kawika Mitchell. "The more he gets comfortable the better he'll get. He'll be a big time player. It's just a matter of time." -BB.com

There are several keys to a successful Bills season.

#1) Trent progresses. Sophomore year must be relatively injury-free, and he must play better than he did last year (progressively better)

#2) Bills must have "normal" or less than normal amount of injuries.

#3) Defense must stop the run (top 10)

I also think the Bills need to get of the gate fast this year - going 2-1 (Win, Loss, Win) and no worse than 3-2 at the break.

How bout Paul Posluszny?

The punter. A game's worth of good punting makes the opposing offense have to overcome an extra 100 yards or so. We can argue about yardage, true. But good punts without worthwhile return yards lays a task on the opponent.

#1) Trent progresses. Sophomore year must be relatively injury-free, and he must play better than he did last year (progressively better)

But the coaches MUST let him develop. If they start dicking him around again, well, then...if you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting.

Obviously the development of trent edwards is front and center

I'm gonna say John McCargo. Assuming Stroud plays at a high level, we need another dt to step up, cause should stroud get injured. It could turn into an outright disaster with very poor dline depth.

But the coaches MUST let him develop. If they start dicking him around again, well, then...if you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting.

If Trent stays healthy I don't foresee this staff playing any of those games, even if he struggles for a game or two.

The punter. A game's worth of good punting makes the opposing offense have to overcome an extra 100 yards or so. We can argue about yardage, true. But good punts without worthwhile return yards lays a task on the opponent.

I see what you're saying, but our defense has been so bad that the extra yardage the offense has to overcome from a good punting game really doesn't matter. Its all contingent on the defense getting better (stopping the run, pass rushing, stopping 3rd downs ect.). Without that, a good punting game is just delaying the inevitable.

Note the responses to this thread (one initially created about Poz) have yet to reference our sophomore MLB!

I'm not criticizing you guys for hijacking the topic and skirting the conversation towards Stroud, Lynch, Edwards, JP ( :lol:), but now I am curious as to why Poz's name is absent from soooooo many talking points?

Are we as fans taking his imminent domination for granted?

Is the team still in such disarray that any concern about MLB's is not even on the horizon?

Or will the rest of you be shocked when we're a top 5 defense? and it will all be because of Poz, and I'll be the one to say: I told you so!

Note the responses to this thread (one initially created about Poz) have yet to reference our sophomore MLB!

I'm not criticizing you guys for hijacking the topic and skirting the conversation towards Stroud, Lynch, Edwards, JP ( :lol:), but now I am curious as to why Poz's name is absent from soooooo many talking points?

Is the team still in such disarray that any concern about MLB's is not even on the horizon?

Or will the rest of you be shocked when we're a top 5 defense? and it will all be because of Poz, and I'll be the one to say: I told you so!

Regardless of how good Poz is, I don't think the season is contingent upon his success. And that is what this thread is about. I think Poz will be great, and I almost expect him to. But unlike Trent or Lynch, if Poz has a bad season, the rest of the defense can still make up for the loss. That is the issue here.

The Bills were 7-9 with the Pizza boy at MLB.

Upgrading to Poz is not that big a deal.

Without consistent QB play, the team will flounder

I see what you're saying, but our defense has been so bad that the extra yardage the offense has to overcome from a good punting game really doesn't matter. Its all contingent on the defense getting better (stopping the run, pass rushing, stopping 3rd downs ect.). Without that, a good punting game is just delaying the inevitable.

I see your point, also. It's a reasoned one.

The Bills were 7-9 with the Pizza boy at MLB.

Upgrading to Poz is not that big a deal.

Without consistent QB play, the team will flounder

on the other hand, if Peters is out for an extended period, Edwards, Lynch and the entire offense will be hamstrung.

on the other hand, if Peters is out for an extended period, Edwards, Lynch and the entire offense will be hamstrung.

No way. The Bills Brass told us that we have solid depth behind our starters on the o-line :lol: