Interesting take by Darryl Talley regarding

My sense is that statistically both Christie and Lindell deserve to be honored before Norwood. However, the Wall of Fame like the HOF is not about statistics, its about FAME. In this case, the fame is about fame and honor as a Bill and what a player did that embodies Billdom (whatever that is).

The single best moment for me as a Bills fan was listening on the radio at work as an estimated 20,000 Bills fans gathered in Niagara Sq. the day after the wide right miss to welcome our boys home. It was a great moment to be a Bills fan to hear him break down in tears apologizing and to join with the 1000s of folks giving forgiveness to Norwood for the miss.

I can easily see putting him up on the Wall for us for that moment.

Stats smats. Stats are merely about the game but this moment was about being a human being and about life.

I hate that he missed the kick but I love how we generally responded to it. The real interesting question for me is whether we would have won 4 AFC championships in a row if he had made that kick. I do not know for sure, but when folks have asked whether I would have chosen 1 win for my team or the 4 conference championships and 4 SM losses it is no contest for me. I would take the 4/4.

As one born in Chicago who rooted full-tilt boogie for the Bears and experienced my team winning SB 20, I would definitely say the feelings of joy did not match the four years of glory I experienced with my adopted team the Bills (whom I fully embraced after being introduced to them in the late-80s by my future life partner whom I married in 89).

Maybe the pain of losing was different for me because I was not a lifelong Buffaloanian, but the comparison of the joy of shared fandom was not nearly comparable.

A lot of this is integrally related to the wide right miss and the shared forgiveness.

I normally agree with your posts, but are you serious when you say you would not take 1 SB win? The reason we are so proud of the 4 in a row is because it is a great accomplishment and it is all we have. I would trade any of that for 1 SB win.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally agree with your posts, but are you serious when you say you would not take 1 SB win? The reason we are so proud of the 4 in a row is because it is a great accomplishment and it is all we have. I would trade any of that for 1 SB win.

No doubt...I'm not trying to sell short the accomplishment of four AFC Championships in a row, but how good was the AFC??? Just playing devil's advocate here, don't pounce, but at that point the AFC was mired in about 13 straight losing Super Bowls...And the Bills beat FOUR different teams in each of their four AFC title games, including a Raiders team that lost the game when they saw the weather report, an ugly win over the Broncos, and the destruction of a VERY average Chiefs team...It wasn't like there was another powerhouse in the conference that was a struggle to get through...That Miami road game was a great win, the Fins thought they were ready to punch their ticket...

There is no denying it is a great accomplishment that will likely never be repeated. And it's not the Bills fault if the conference was weak, you have to beat the team that lines up against you, which they did more often than not.

But I agree, I'd take 1-for-1 in the Super Bowl over 0-for-4 any day.

NOT AT ALL! JUST TIRED OF THIS CANNONIZATION THAT HE SOMEHOW HAS GOTTEN, REVISIONIST HISTORY ISNT MY STRONG SUIT,

IS THAT FIELD GOAL SKILLS OR "FAILED" GOAL SKILLS,,,,,,,,,? BUT STILL TRY TO NAME 5?

By the way- he was a backup QB. He was far more than serviceable in his appearances for the Bills. He also was a great aid to Jim Kelly in practice, as JK really struggled to read defenses. Without Reich, who knows how good we would have been.

By the way- he was a backup QB. He was far more than serviceable in his appearances for the Bills. He also was a great aid to Jim Kelly in practice, as JK really struggled to read defenses. Without Reich, who knows how good we would have been.

?? He ran a no-huddle offense and called his own plays and was pretty successful.