TO - 4 year $34M extension

JoeF

lee has not proven himself to be the caliber played to deserve that much money. I think if at half way through the season hes on probowl pace, He'll get his money and extension. If not, he may not see the money. Either way, I think he incs an extension before the end of the season.

lee has not proven himself to be the caliber played to deserve that much money. I think if at half way through the season hes on probowl pace, He'll get his money and extension. If not, he may not see the money. Either way, I think he incs an extension before the end of the season.

It doesn't matter what Lee has "proven." Evans has all the leverage in the world, what with the 78M cash infusion Buffalo received from the Toronto deal and fact that Buffalo needs all the receiving help it can get. Edwards has pretty much nothing at TE (unless Schouman or Fine are better than we think) and will depend on a rookie WR in Hardy. That and the fact that three receivers (Moss, Owens, and Fitzgerald) all have received large deals this off-season.

I'm sure Evans' agent(s) will exploit this if they haven't already. We know an offer was made, but I'm sure it was a low offer. Waiting will only make the price increase.

I like Evans.I really do. And i hope he has the kind of season that would allow him to make the big bucks. That would mean the Bills would have probably a pretty good year. The d will be much improved,unless 7 starters go down. Lynch and Jackson are a nice 1 2 punch running.The only thing missing is a passing game. If Evans goes for maybe 85 catches and 1000+ yds then i can not see why the bills would not be looking at a 10 win season.The only way he gets to those numbers is Hardy or Reed or even Roscoe step up and take some coverage off him. Evans IS a number one receiver but he needs a good number 2 to be great. The Bills find that second threat and all us FANS are happy come January. Then let the front office "find" the money to pay him. Honestly this regime has done a good job lately of knowing when a player is worth the investment or not. I finally trust the front office. And i do mean in the past three years.