Obama vs Clinton, part 2billion

Pssst... I know, it was for the other turds out there! Before it ran away in Crayonz fashion...

:unsure:

I thought dev/null's lyric was the right one, never having looked up the lyrics online before. Listen to the Manfred Mann Earth Band's (not Springsteen's) version and tell me that isn't what they are saying.

I thought dev/null's lyric was the right one, never having looked up the lyrics online before. Listen to the Manfred Mann Earth Band's (not Springsteen's) version and tell me that isn't what they are saying.

No... The Springsteen (actually, I don't think it is even his originally??) words are:

Reved up like a duece

Another runner in the night.

Duece is a duece coupe as in 1932 "little duece coupe"... :unsure:

The car referred to is the Ford Model B; the 1932 model was referred to as a "deuce coupe". Model Bs were readily available and easily modified, as auto enthusiasts (or "hot rodders") removed spare weight and improved the engine.

I believe it is a drag racing reference... Hence "blinded by the light."

No?

No... The Springsteen (actually, I don't think it is even his originally??) words are:

Reved up like a duece

Another runner in the night.

Duece is a duece coupe as in 1932 "little duece coupe"... :(

The car referred to is the Ford Model B; the 1932 model was referred to as a "deuce coupe". Model Bs were readily available and easily modified, as auto enthusiasts (or "hot rodders") removed spare weight and improved the engine.

I believe it is a drag racing reference... Hence "blinded by the light."

No?

It's an original Springsteen song, but the line is "Cut loose like a deuce another runner in the night".

Manfred Mann cut out about half the song, and changed some lyrics, which is their right. They made it a different song.

Here is the original.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/BlindedByTheLight.html

"Four legggggs gooooood... Two legggggs baaaaad!"

All Democrats are equal. But some Democrats are more equal than others.

And those are the ones that should give the nomination to Hillary. [\PastaJoe]

It's an original Springsteen song, but the line is "Cut loose like a deuce another runner in the night".

Manfred Mann cut out about half the song, and changed some lyrics, which is their right. They made it a different song.

Here is the original.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/BlindedByTheLight.html

:wallbash: I used the Manfred Mann's lyrics "reved" You can tell how much that version has stuck!

:(