Help me find a picture (print)

Acantha

Back Story:

Alright, so I have this friend (a very close friend) who is going to be moving away in less than two months. Her (sorry, no links, you'll have to trust me that she's worth it - ya horny bastards) birthday is also about two weeks from now. A while ago she was telling me about this picture she saw on-line a few years ago that she really liked. She didn't end up buying it at the time, and has regretted it. I'm not sure when she started looking for it again, but it's been a long time and she's never been able to find it. I've been searching every now and then for a few weeks and can't find it to save my life.

So...this is my last ditch effort. I'd like to be able to find it and get it for a birthday/going away gift. If anyone here can find the right picture and point me in its direction, they'll earn themselves their choice of Bills replica jersey!

Picture details as I know them:

It's a picture of a female angel, walking away down a sort of town alley

Angel isn't wearing any clothes, though I don't think there's nudity (wings)

Is a Sepia Tone type picture

She said when she saw it, it was being sold framed for about 150 bucks or so....she can't remember exactly. She did see it on-line, but can't remember where.

I'd have more info, but it would be better to make it surprise, so I'm only going off what I already know.

So...if anyone has some free time and would like to try to earn a jersey, give it a shot. I'll bump this a few times over the next couple days and see if it gets anywhere. Like I said, my last ditch effort. I've already searched in google and all sorts of print websites in every combination I can think of. I've gone through thousands of pics, and none are close!

Boy, that's a tough one without any more info.

Any idea about the style? medium? artist? other content in the picture?

Nope...that's why it's so friggin hard to find. It was a couple years ago that she saw the thing, and didn't remember too many details. And like I said, it was a couple months we talked about it. It won't be worth it if it isn't a surprise, so I'm not going to ask for any more details (I don't think she has them anyway)

Naked angel, walking away, probably an alley (or small town street), sepia tone. That's all I got. :thumbsup: That explains the jersey as compensation...this isn't an easy task!!

Beerball: For some weird reason I can't reply to IM at work. (?)

I hadn't seen that site, I'll look around at it. Appreciate the effort!!

Try this place. I saw a couple possibilities & there are a ton to look at with links to other sites.

link

allposters.com

search angel

you can view 48 per page and there 30 pages....its got to be in there....

You would think so, wouldn't you?

Thanks for the help so far everyone...to answer a few questions:

I have done many, many searches on on sites like allposters and art.com, but came up with bupkis. I've literally flipped through 60, 80, more...pages of photos (looke for angels, angles walking away, sepia tone, woman with wings, etc, etc, etc). I would have thought it HAD to be there, but I've found nothing like what the description says. This isn't to say it isn't there, I just haven't found it with effort.

As far as the ones I've been linked to: I know the details are few, but I know they are accurate. When we first talked about this I went and looked quick to see if I can find something, and that's when I got the details I have. Angel "walking" away (so statues, angels on their knees, pics of angels from the front....all out). The sepia tone description kind of narrow down the style, and she was specific about "alley" thing, so that knocks out tunnels.

As for the links....there are some I haven't seen before, so I'll probably run through them tonight when I get off work.

THANKS AGAIN for the help so far. It's really appreciated! And don't worry, I'm getting to the point where I just don't think it's out there to be found. I just thought I'd give this a shot....what the hell.

If anyone here can find the right picture and point me in its direction, they'll earn themselves their choice of Bills replica jersey!

Fine Print: Your choice of Erik Flowers, Eddie Robinson or Billy Joe Hobert