[closed]Character for the sake of talent

He was drafted two weeks ago.

If I were drafted with the incipient bestowal of NFL $$$, I'd be in some posh locale and would fly Mom and selected relatives and friends in. No problem getting a loan.

Or if my head and/or attitude needed adjustment, I'd be in one of those European spas where Frau Blucher wheels you around in a wicker chair and feeds you groats and turnips until you clean up and wise up. :blink:

If I were drafted with the incipient bestowal of NFL $$$, I'd be in some posh locale and would fly Mom and selected relatives and friends in. No problem getting a loan.

Or if my head and/or attitude needed adjustment, I'd be in one of those European spas where Frau Blucher wheels you around in a wicker chair and feeds you groats and turnips until you clean up and wise up. :blink:

I'm afeared to ask, but...what's a groat? Do they taste worse than turnips?

We all make mistakes. Then again, as someone who owns firearms, I've never once felt the need to pull my weapon on someone. Call it my background, call it whatever, but the fact is the Bills have placed a lot of faith into this guy, and we haven't even entered training camp and he's been involved in an alleged incident. Most 20 somethings don't have issues with pulling guns, unless they're in the wrong atmosphere. And wrong atmosphere and NFL star do not go together. The comparison on getting drunk versus pulling firearms is not a good one.

Just because you've never had the need to defend yourself doesn't mean it won't happen, and as far as anyone knows at this point, James MAY have been acting correctly for the situation.... everyone is wildy speculating what happened as if it HAS to be a bad thing....

But tip toeing thru the facts we DO know is that James Dad, who has not been present throughout James life shows up at his sons door, they get into an argument and then James pulls out a gun... (Never does it say he points it at anyone) For all we know, his "drunken" father popped in to ask his newly rich son for a loan...etc....etc... and James ask him to leave, the argument gets worse his drunken dad says "I brought you into this world, I can take you out" heading in James directions and so he pulls out the firearm and tells his dad to leave maybe even telling the neighbor to call the cops ensuring his father would not return..... In a case like this, James pulled a gun on his dad and DID NOTHING WRONG!!!

You people have too much time on your hands trying to blow up every little item into a "controversial story"

if only there were websites with people bored enough to sit around and make judgements on all of OUR characters based on things theyve heard 3rd or 4th hand about each of us...

The good new for you is there already are:

MoveOn.org

Huffington Post

Media Matters

Enjoy! There's enough blatant BS judgment based on BS premises there to solve the alternative energy problem, and it's renewable BS. These folks can come up with enough fascist, judgmental BS to power this world for years, and the best part is: they barely have to put in any effort and zero thought to do it! It's like an improbability drive that runs on BS! Hooray!

Are you equating James Hardy to those two? My point is only that it's completely unrealistic to ask 20-30 year olds to go after tens of millions of dollars by being as violent as they can possibly be and then just shut it completely off and be Tom Hanks. I excuse no violence off the field whatsoever. But you're asking way too much of these kids to be model citizens when you're also asking them to hurt one another as hard as they can. In other words, there are character issues and there are character issues. But the fact a kid gets in a fight with his ex-con dad who has been absent his whole life does not necessarily mean the kid has character issues.

Tom Hanks ate a baby once.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.