Ashton Youboty

I was thinking along those lines myself, but I wonder if Youboty shows some flashes this pre-season, they might consider trading Greer, who I think is about to be an FA and sicne he was a UDFA from the previous regime, they might view him as expendable. Not to mention he is probably worth much more than Youboty in trade. I could see it happening because Greer probably won't be re-signed after his contract is up anyways.

keeping Greer would force the Bills out of their comfort of drafting multiple CBs each and every year.

They would be forced to actually address some other position like the OL.

Can't see it happening

Greer is toast!

they may actually get rid of Greer this year to make space for a failed draft pick to avoid the total bust label being applied

keeping Greer would force the Bills out of their comfort of drafting multiple CBs each and every year.

They would be forced to actually address some other position like the OL.

Can't see it happening

Greer is toast!

they may actually get rid of Greer this year to make space for a failed draft pick to avoid the total bust label being applied

Good idea, then they can draft more Duke Prestons, instead of Ashton Youbouty's!

I wish that those who say he hasn't had enough time/opportunities could explain themselves.

We wrote off year 1 because of family tragedy, but who hasn't had to deal with at least one of those? My mom passed when I was home on Christmas break freshman year of college. I didn't flunk out. I didn't miss more classes than a normal freshman does. I carried on as we all have had to do. I didn't get a free year or month or week. But, that's really beside the point. In year 2 he had every opportunity to step up and he was not a good player on the field. He needs to be better than the players just drafted, not equal to them to have a chance at sticking on the team this year.

Im sorry to hear about your mom beerball. But his first season really shouldnt count. A special teams playbook is just as long as the offensive or defensive. When you miss time already and people pass you on the depth chart its tough to climb back up. These are NFL players in front of him. The same thing happened to my senior season. i twisted my knee the first day of practice, could barely walk for 2 weeks took me til halfway thru the season to get even on the field. I was behind on reps, and Practice time. Plain and simple those players in front of me were more ready to play than i was. From what ive seen of Youboty he has played well when he was in there, hes been hurt and due to a horrible circumstance, not ready to play. Lets give him time before we say a 7th rounder is gonna surpass him on the depth chart. JMO

He was a project when we drafted him, and played earlier than we wanted because of injuries. He had limited experience at CB prior to the NFL and was drafted on potential. I think he sticks, but I won't lose sleep if he doesn't