Boomer Esiason on Bills

zow2

Boomer said it best. "I love Drew but he can no longer inspire a team to win. How much longer are Bills fans going to sit back and watch a guy drop back and get sacked 6, 7, 8 times a game?"

Now, today isn't entirely Drew's fault. He's playing OK and the line is playing their arse's off to get him time. However, we once again have ZERO points on O and he is the man running the show. Did you see how Fiedler made some qick moves in the pocket to buy extra time and get rid of it to the outlet man? Little stuff like that is critical. We are most likely going to lose to Miami and this is Drew's last game or two as the Bills QB. He no longer inspires anyone. NO spark.

Boomer said it best.  "I love Drew but he can no longer inspire a team to win.  How much longer are Bills fans going to sit back and watch a guy drop back and get sacked 6, 7, 8 times a game?"

Now, today isn't entirely Drew's fault. He's playing OK and the line is playing their arse's off to get him time. However, we once again have ZERO points on O and he is the man running the show.  Did you see how Fiedler made some qick moves in the pocket to buy extra time and get rid of it to the outlet man? Little stuff like that is critical.  We are most likely going to lose to Miami and this is Drew's last game or two as the Bills QB.  He no longer inspires anyone. NO spark.

72831[/snapback]

Did you hear what Sharpe said right after Boomers comments? We have become the brunt of jokes throughout the NFL Media...Just lovely... :D

eggzackly, its not like we have any other viable options. we are stuck until lohsman comes back then unfortunately, JP will be forced into action much too quickly!

Would you rather have Shane in there??? I think we are in a waiting game until JP gets back from his injury.

72837[/snapback]

Did you hear what Sharpe said right after Boomers comments? We have become the brunt of jokes throughout the NFL Media...Just lovely... :D

72834[/snapback]

I think the same could be said about CBS' NFL Today show......

I called for Drews head after the 3rd game. Now I don't know what to think. If the O-line keeps playing like it did today, I think Drew plays the rest of the year while Loseman learns. Given time Drew can be a very effective QB. Compare his throws today with Dumbos. He has the arm strength needed to play at the Ralph.

Even after todays win, the same thing that Boomer said about Drew can still be said......he isn't the kind of QB who can take a team on his back and win the game. He doesn't inspire his teammates to be better. I like the guy a lot,and I have a great deal of respect for him......but regardless of his stats, he's no Jim Kelly.....and he never will be. And a lot of Bills fans (myself included) will not be happy with the QB position again until we get a gunslinger with an attitude behind center, just like we had with Jimbo. Jim Kelly was the heart and soul of the Bills......heck, he was the heart and soul of upstate NY! We need a QB to be able to take the reigns and dictate the game - win or lose. Bledsoe does not dictate anything. He's had his time to make it work......giving him that time was a good decision......but the time is up.

Drew Bledoe played a great game today. He was accurate and smart with his throws. He demonstrated an ability to step up in the pocket, and on a couple of plays, showed he can still roll out and make a play. Bledsoe played his arse off today.

Even after todays win, the same thing that Boomer said about Drew can still be said......he isn't the kind of QB who can take a team on his back and win the game. He doesn't inspire his teammates to be better. I like the guy a lot,and I have a great deal of respect for him......but regardless of his stats, he's no Jim Kelly.....and he never will be. And a lot of Bills fans (myself included) will not be happy with the QB position again until we get a gunslinger with an attitude behind center, just like we had with Jimbo. Jim Kelly was the heart and soul of the Bills......heck, he was the heart and soul of upstate NY!  We need a QB to be able to take the reigns and dictate the game - win or lose. Bledsoe does not dictate anything. He's had his time to make it work......giving him that time was a good decision......but the time is  up.

73306[/snapback]

So you are saying that Bledsoe is surrounded with the same amount of talent as jim was? And how many SB's did that win the Bills? Sorry but AGAIN football is a team game and players need to have their OWN inner-drive first. Players complement each other: you can't make chicken scratch out of chicken shiite (unless you're Charlie Weis :devil: ).

Even after todays win, the same thing that Boomer said about Drew can still be said......he isn't the kind of QB who can take a team on his back and win the game. He doesn't inspire his teammates to be better. I like the guy a lot,and I have a great deal of respect for him......but regardless of his stats, he's no Jim Kelly.....and he never will be. And a lot of Bills fans (myself included) will not be happy with the QB position again until we get a gunslinger with an attitude behind center, just like we had with Jimbo. Jim Kelly was the heart and soul of the Bills......heck, he was the heart and soul of upstate NY!  We need a QB to be able to take the reigns and dictate the game - win or lose. Bledsoe does not dictate anything. He's had his time to make it work......giving him that time was a good decision......but the time is  up.

73306[/snapback]

One must also point out that Jim Kelly's ego was one of the reasons the Bills lost four Super Bowls. His ego got in the way of good judgment. The no huddle offense was exposed for the gimmick it was aginst great teams and well prepared coaches. His relentless demand to run it did little to promote the Bills cause in big games.

JK a gunslinger ... yes. A good football player ... yes. Unfortunately ... an egotist who could learn a little humility from people like Elway, Montana, and even Bledsoe.

So you are saying that Bledsoe is surrounded with the same amount of talent as jim was?  And how many SB's did that win the Bills?  Sorry but AGAIN football is a team game and players need to have their OWN inner-drive first.  Players complement each other: you can't make chicken scratch out of chicken shiite (unless you're Charlie Weis  :devil: ).

73314[/snapback]

Hmmmm....either you misunderstood my post, or I misunderstood yours....not sure which. But I agree, each player does need to have an inner drive......but I think the QB position, more than any other, can take an offense to the next level all by itself. Why was our team completely different with Flutie than it was with RJ? With the same surrounding cast, Flutie just made it happen. Flutie had the intangible goods and RJ didn't. Bledsoe is more like RJ than Flutie, in my opinion.

As for the guest's comments, I better not go there lol. Jim Kelly was not just "a good football player"......he WAS the Buffalo Bills......I'm still disgusted to this day how people were booing him in '97 in favor of Todd Collins.....any of you who participated in that make me sick. Jim Kelly did more for this franchise than any other PERSON, player or otherwise, in history. Yeah, he did have an ego. He had a huge one. And he was a jerk at times, too, I'm sure. But if I had to put together a football team from the greats of NFL history, my QB would be #12. As far as the superbowls, the Bills lost to the better team in three out of the four. On top of that, the Bills did not have anywhere near the preparation they should have, and they were exploited by the more disciplined, aggressive teams.