Peter King likes us in his preseason rankings

Hopefully he underrated us by one spot...I want to see us playing in january this year!

Hopefully he underrated us by one spot...I want to see us playing in january this year!

I was thinking the same thing, and for what it is worth, I think that we will be better than Cleveland next year.

I was thinking the same thing, and for what it is worth, I think that we will be better than Cleveland next year.

I do too, though they did make some improvements to their Dline, which was one of their major weaknesses last year. Our defense should be much better overall, though, assuming we stay healthy.

I know a lot of people on this board don't like Peter King for some strange reason, but here is his MMQB from today

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...rankings/2.html

I think its a pretty realistic analysis. The receiver picks, strength on the d-line with Stroud and the heavier linebackers starting (and good and experienced backups), and our new corner maybe taking on the super receivers we run across (e.g., Randy Moss), and we should realistically look at ten. Hell..I could even see us winning more than that. But I'm clearly biased in the Bills favor.

Did anybody else catch this tidbit? "16. New Orleans. Now we're getting to the "if only'' area. If only the Saints had gotten Jeremy Shockey, if only Reggie Bush were a more complete NFL back, if only they had Leodis McKelvin on an island this fall instead of Jason David, Randall Gay or Aaron Glenn ... you get the picture."

Seems he really likes McKelvin

Clearly none of this means anything. The media are generally the ones who conjure up this delusions of grandeur about our team and specific players. Remember the year we got Avion Black and they were touting him as perhaps the fastest player in the league, who would be a threat to take any kick back for 6. Well we all know how that turned out do we not?

Still, its more pleasant to hear the talking heads saying good things about the Bills instead of the same old garbage.

Read the write-up on Pittsburgh at 12. He says if schedules were factored in, they'd drop a few places. That's who I think we're getting ahead of.

Especially with the addition to the Browns (Stallworth, Rogers etc), the Browns if they continue where they left off last season, will challenge and over power the Steelers.

The Steelers had major holes on their OL last season with Marvel Smith was done for the season at LT. Now he is coming back from major back surgery and who knows how he will fare. They lost their all pro guard in Alan Faneca....They fired their starting Center Mahan. They are paying 7M to their backup RT Max Starks (and we were complaining about over paying Mike Williams playing guard :-) ). And Yet they did not address the OL until the 3rd round....Big Ben bailed them out from many games with his feet, but if the line continue to deteriorate the Steelers will have a 6-10/7-9 season with games against Indy/Jax/Ten, NFC East and NE/SD.

The real wild card fight is going to be between Denver, Jacksonville, Buffalo with Denver and Buffalo easily susceptible like the Steelers due to other issues (The Bills have yet to put their stamp at the QB position, and I would say the same with Denver too....Cutler has done nothing yet to prove that he is going to be their long term starter)...However both teams have very good running games.

Soooo...I see Peter King is giving you the attention and approval you all crave...I see how it is....

Thanks Captain Obvious! :P

Especially with the addition to the Browns (Stallworth, Rogers etc), the Browns if they continue where they left off last season, will challenge and over power the Steelers.

The Steelers had major holes on their OL last season with Marvel Smith was done for the season at LT. Now he is coming back from major back surgery and who knows how he will fare. They lost their all pro guard in Alan Faneca....They fired their starting Center Mahan. They are paying 7M to their backup RT Max Starks (and we were complaining about over paying Mike Williams playing guard :-) ). And Yet they did not address the OL until the 3rd round....Big Ben bailed them out from many games with his feet, but if the line continue to deteriorate the Steelers will have a 6-10/7-9 season with games against Indy/Jax/Ten, NFC East and NE/SD.

The real wild card fight is going to be between Denver, Jacksonville, Buffalo with Denver and Buffalo easily susceptible like the Steelers due to other issues (The Bills have yet to put their stamp at the QB position, and I would say the same with Denver too....Cutler has done nothing yet to prove that he is going to be their long term starter)...However both teams have very good running games.

:)

Soooo...I see Peter King is giving you the attention and approval you all crave...I see how it is....

I am a big Peter King fan. Some of the other posters on this board hate him, but I am not sure why.

I am a big Peter King fan. Some of the other posters on this board hate him, but I am not sure why.

I don't like Peter King simply because he's a nasaly sounding Sox fan. Not to mention he looks like Norm's (from Cheers) gay twin.

Mind you, not great reasons to dislike him, but my reasons nonetheless. :P